News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

Kanoonline--way forward?

Started by gogannaka, October 12, 2008, 09:27:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jibo

Well, ladies and gentlemen. AS Public Lecture is in favour of most people replying. I suggest that Prof. Abdallah presents a paper on a topic suggested topic: Globalisation through Website: What benefit and what course for Arewa? or Hausa People or Nigeria. Or We can say Website and the freedom fo speech; what can censor do about it?! GGNK i SUGGEST YOU CONTACT the Prof. since you are closer to him. on the alternative the Prof can choose a topic suitable and convenient for him. You can equally request Dr Yusuf Adamu to be a Moderator. One paper is enof so that it cannot be boring and it will give members ample time to interact! Cheers! I am preparing for Hajj this year insha Allah! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
A lazy youth is definitely a begging adult! Bata hankalin Dare ka yi suna!: Fas'alu ahalil zikri, inkuntum la ta'alamun!

bakangizo

Why can't we do this in Kano? I mean, I'm not against having it elsewhere, but I feel for a start, it is better here. This is like the "home". The organization would be easier here, seeing as we may be able to convince Prof. to deliver the paper. He can help us get other high profile invitees, and probably use his weight to get us the British Council for a venue. Then subsequent editions, when we might have taken off properly, can be held anywhere we choose. Ya kuka gani?

gogannaka

Kano should be the Venue.
And yes we could use the British council as venue,If it is available.

The topic suggested by Jibo sounds good. Freedom of information and the web, Information dissemination using the internet, Blogging:news source etc.
Maybe we should get a newspaper editor to present.

BKGZ don't run away from being part of the organisers.
Surely after suffering comes enjoyment

GoodFella

Beginning today, treat everyone you meet as if he or she were going to be dead by midnight. Extend to them all the care, kindness, and understanding you can muster, and do so with no thought of any reward. Your life will never be the same again.
— Og Mandino (Motivational Author & Speaker)

Muhsin

Quote from: gogannaka on October 27, 2008, 10:30:32 AM
BKGZ don't run away from being part of the organisers.

Hmm...that is right, GGNK.
Hannu da yawa...
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

Jibo

Maganin Kazamar miya inji bahaushe! But a turance: too many cooks, spoil the broth! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
A lazy youth is definitely a begging adult! Bata hankalin Dare ka yi suna!: Fas'alu ahalil zikri, inkuntum la ta'alamun!

gogannaka

Here are some suggestions for speaker:
Bala Mohammed--- A daidaita sahu
Bashir Galadanchi-- Special adviser to kano state Gov. on Education and IT.

Anyone has more suggestions.
Muhsin has talked to the Prof. and he has welcomed the idea,however he might be mighty busy at the time (dec 25th) but he'll see how it goes.

Jibo

That is pretty good work by Muhsin. Still contact the Prof and find out what he could or not. Tha suggestion given is not bad but are they expert? ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Muhsin

Thanks Jibo.

Don't you know these two icons proposed by GGNK? In dai they accept our invite they could deliver it very good. Though, I see your point and I'll inshaAllah contact him (Prof. AUA).
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

gogannaka

Another potential presenter could be the Executive Secretary of the Kano State Censorship Board, Malam Abubakar Rabo Abdulkarim.

He could clear the air on kannywood.

Anyone got contact wth him?

HUSNAA

Also get one of the actors to clear the air. Dont be one sided GGNK. You will only hear what you already know by inviting a govt official only.
Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

Dan-Borno

Quote from: HUSNAA on November 05, 2008, 06:24:25 AM
Also get one of the actors to clear the air

so that su ma su fadi abinda suke ciki ba, that will be
fair enough.
"My mama always used to tell me: 'If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for" - Tupak

Muhsin

Let us talk about what would benefit us, people. And that is by sparing these (unpopular) political affairs alone in our lecture schedule. Leave these so-called 'actors' or 'bosses' alone, if not we definitely would end up engaging in stormy argument.

HUSNAA

Quote from: Muhsin on November 05, 2008, 10:53:45 AM
Let us talk about what would benefit us, people. And that is by sparing these (unpopular) political affairs alone in our lecture schedule. Leave these so-called 'actors' or 'bosses' alone, if not we definitely would end up engaging in stormy argument.

The argument will be good for u Muhsin.
Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

Dan-Borno

is there anything to argue in this thread?
i thought we just proposing those to present
papers, the list could be more than this, the
organising committee can choose in order of
preference ko?

ko dai kai Muhsin yan hausa fim din ne baka
son kaji anyi abu da su?  ok what about yan
kidan mandiri na gidan babban shehun malami
makwabcin sarki or Barmani mai Choge, or
we can opt for Dan Maraya Jos.
"My mama always used to tell me: 'If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for" - Tupak