News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

Kanoonline--way forward?

Started by gogannaka, October 12, 2008, 09:27:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gogannaka

What is the way forward for kanoonline.
Will it just continue to be an online forum?
There is a need to make it more than an online forum.
Maybe we could be organising an annual lecture or Forum.
What do you say?
Surely after suffering comes enjoyment

Jibo

That is pretty good Idea GGNK! But who will sponsore and think of the other logistics! But generally I like the Idea and there could some additions to the annual lecture! ;D ;D ;D ;D
A lazy youth is definitely a begging adult! Bata hankalin Dare ka yi suna!: Fas'alu ahalil zikri, inkuntum la ta'alamun!

Dan-Borno

our source of income should be  N10.00
for each post e.g. GGNK has 2455 posts
multiplied by N10.00 = N24,550.00.

"My mama always used to tell me: 'If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for" - Tupak

gogannaka

DB you don't care for the masses ko?
It should be N1 for unmarried fellows and N100 for the married ones.

On a serious note how do we achieve it?
Wai ina founders din ne? Salisu Danyaro,Prof.Abdallah, Dr.Yusuf Adamu,and Ibrahim Ado Kurawa.

Dem be big shots now fa and they are used to organising such events.
Haba it should be more than an online forum.

Jibo

Well, For Prof. Abdalla & Dr Adamu, I can say they are very busy. But you can appoint one to be the Guest Speaker/Lecturer and the Other to be the Chairman of the Ocassion or he Moderator! For the sponsorship you can consult... can I say... ::) ::) ::) ::)
A lazy youth is definitely a begging adult! Bata hankalin Dare ka yi suna!: Fas'alu ahalil zikri, inkuntum la ta'alamun!

bakangizo

Great idea. But I thought something like was done before? Without people Prof and oga Admin, organizing such an event would be very difficult.

Nuruddeen

Quote from: gogannaka on October 12, 2008, 09:27:52 PM
What is the way forward for kanoonline.
Will it just continue to be an online forum?
There is a need to make it more than an online forum.
Maybe we could be organising an annual lecture or Forum.
What do you say?

This is great Gogannaka. I think I once thought of it with the legendary Waziri. We even went to the extent of meeting with the Kanoonline stakeholders i.e Prof Abdallah, Webmaster, Salisu Danyaro and Mal. Ibrahim Ado Kurawa. They gave us the go ahead. And I remember giving a proposal to Waziri, but since then we did not talk of the matter anymore.

But now I think this is what it should be done. First, we need to call for a Kanoonline conference where we will invite abstract for people to come and present papers on politics, economy, and social problems that has to do with Northerners and by extension Nigeria.

My proposal is:

Let's start now. All abstract should be submitted to Dan Borno, EMTL and Husnaa. However, those who are not willing to submit abstract are not protected in any way from coming to the confab. Everybody is welcome. Once you are a Kanoonliner that's all!

So once an abstract is being submitted, Myself, Waziri and Gogannaka together with Prof Abdallah can evaluate it and see if it's worth presenting at the venue of the confab.

I will discuss with the EMTL about the venue. Nonetheless, it will be good if we can do it at British Council or Arewa House in Kaduna. Myself together with EMTL can provide some logistical supports that have to do with drinks and food for the participants. I have once talked to EMTL about it and he agreed with my assertions.

I therefore propose December 25th as our tentative date. But members are at liberty to argue and debate it out.
I remain loyal!
Jibo
o try and fail is atleast to learn. That will save one the inestimable loss of what might have been (positive or negative).

Dan-Borno

you guys are thinking great.  this brief is
enough to set the engine on paya, for those
who are ready to submit their abstract should
mail them to:-
busuguma@gmail.com
or
busuguma@yahoo.com

I have no objection as for the timing, its perfect.
I will vote for Kaduna to be the venue of the
occasion.
"My mama always used to tell me: 'If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for" - Tupak

MySeLf

!!!........................I STAND 4 ISLAM..........................!!!

Tukurtukur

MYSELF do you agree with this lofty and progressive ideas of GGNK? 
You have to wait untill the first forum conference then you get the whole pics.

GGNK a gaishe ka!  lets see the modalities.

MySeLf

Yes totally tukur...... We need to progress from just loggin into
computers to something more practical. Is really a great Idea,
hope it will go according to plan.... Can't wait for the pics and see
all your faces  ;D
!!!........................I STAND 4 ISLAM..........................!!!

Tukurtukur

Yessssss! it would be wonderful.  GGNK hurry with the modalities>

King

Will I be invited to this lecture? Like it or not, I have contributed some materials to this forum that have both inspired and infuriated some. Someone also suggested a hosting venue of Kaduna. Why? What about security for the less admired contributors? These are important issues to take to account. Shikena!

gogannaka

King you are a kanoonliner and yes you have contributed to the forum.
Are you afraid of being attacked by your friends?..LOL
I'm sure you will be welcome.

Nura has set the ball rolling.
I'll suggest we invite some non-members to also present papers.What do you say.

Jibo

Nurudeeen I am proud of you. Like GGNK has said you have set the ball rolling! Keep it up! But unfortunatlely the time you fixed temporarily for the event, I will be away for Hajj. Hopefully, if I am back before the event, I shall participate. However, all my prayers will inlude this noble effort. May Allah help us all.

Why can't members who are away send in their abstract and participate through the web? Since it is webmatic, it will be an innovation to have an online paper(virtual paper). The web paper could be presented by a proxy. Let's try! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D