News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

Yar’Adua sacks 20 ministers

Started by Muhsin, October 30, 2008, 03:10:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muhsin

Yar'Adua sacks 20 ministers
Bola Badmus and Taiwo Adisa, Abuja - 30.10.2008
http://www.tribune.com.ng/30102008/news/news1.html

PRESIDENT Umaru Yar'Adua on Wednesday sacked 20 of his 44-member cabinet.

A statement from the presidency said the shake-up was to reposition and strengthen Yar'Adua's administration for enhanced effectiveness in service delivery.

At the end of Wednesday's Federal Executive Council (FEC) meeting, President Yar'Adua thanked the outgoing ministers for their services to the nation since the inception of the present administration and wished them well in their future endeavours.

The President also directed that until new ministers are confirmed by the Senate and sworn into office, Mr. Remi Babalola (Minister of State, Finance), will serve as supervising minister for the Federal Capital Territory Authority.

Similarly, Mr. Demola Seriki (Minister of State, Agriculture and Water Resources) will serve as supervising minister for the Ministry of Mines and Steel Development while Dr. Aliyu Idi Hong (Minister of State, Culture and Tourism) will serve as supervising minister for the Ministry of Commerce and Industry.

Alhaji Alhassan Bako Zaku (Minister of State, Science & Technology) is to act as supervising minister for the National Sports Commission; Elder Godsday Orubebe (Minister, Special Duties) will act as supervising minister/vice chairman, National Planning Commission and Mrs. Grace Ekpiwhre (Minister, Science & Technology) will oversee the Ministry of Women Affairs.

President Yar'Adua and the President of the Senate, Senator David Mark, were said to have met last night shortly after the announcement of the sack 20 ministers from the Federal Executive Council (FEC).

It was gathered that President Yar'Adua, Vice President Goodluck Jonathan and Mark met to fine-tune the ministerial list that would be presented to the Senators for screening.

Those sacked
1. Emmanuel Olatunde Odusina
2. Halima Tayo Alao
3. Aliyu Modibbo Umar
4. Sarafa Tunji Isola
5. Adamu Maina Waziri
6. Charles Ugwu
7. Ahmed Garba Bichi
8. Igwe Aja-Nwachukwu
9. Jerry Anthony Agada
10. Fatima Balaraba Ibrahim
11. John James Akpanudoedehe
12. Tijani Yahaya Kaura
13. Ibrahim Dasuki Nakande
14. Alhaji Haruna Hassan
15. Ahmed Mohammed Gusau
16. Felix Hyatt
17. John Okechukwu Emeka
18. Saudatu Usman Bungudu
19. Mohammed Sanusi Daggash
20. Abdulrahman Hassan Gimba
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

HUSNAA

I am glad at least in one case... that of Aliyu Modibbo Umar. That man baya son talaka from all alamomi, kuma he is not serving the talakan. What was it he said some months back about the prices of houses in Abuja..wai dama abuja ba ta talaka bace. If u cant afford it move out!!!
Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

MySeLf

Toh ai shima gashi nan, haka Allah yake ikonsa... Kuma inyayi wasa soon
abujarma zatafi karfinshi sai ya tattara yakoma qyauyansu..
!!!........................I STAND 4 ISLAM..........................!!!

Rais

Haka dama raguwa take in ji wani mai waka
"Yau  ana yi dakai gobe bakai bane"

Modibbo weeps as he hands over
Says I want to serve again
By NGOZI OKAFOR, ABUJA
Friday, October 31
, 2008
http://www.thesunnewsonlinepaper.com

•One of the high-profile casualties of Wednesday's cabinet reshuffle, Dr. Aliyu Modibbo Umar, literally fought back tears yesterday as he handed over the reins of office to take his final bow.

Modibbo, until the cabinet shake up, minister in charge of the Federal Capital Territory, had read the mournful mood in the Minister's Conference Room when he announced that the hand-over ceremony would be brief, to avoid turning it into a "crying party." But it was with an emotion-laden voice that he conducted the affair, even as he noted that he was still ready to serve, if re-appointed.

Clad in a white caftan with a cap to match and his head towering above everyone else's, former minister of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Dr Aliyu Modibbo Umar, entered the Minister's Conference hall located in Life Camp, Jabi Abuja, with puffy eyes and looking confounded.

The event was the handover ceremony organised on the heels of Wednesday's cabinet shake-up in which 20 ministers were sent packing by President Umaru Musa Yar' Adua.
In an emotion-laden voice, Dr Modibbo, even as he fought to control tears, expressed appreciation to all for his days as the minister of the FCT, saying it was a rare privilege to serve as a cabinet minister thrice.
His words: "We will be fast, because we do not want to turn this place into a crying party and I will lead you in that crying. I hope it will be possible but let's see how it goes."
He continued, "I have always said that if a regular person will thank God 10 times, Aliyu Modibbo will thank God a million times. I thank the president for granting me a rare privilege of occupying this exalted position."

The former minister declined press interview and hence did not explain the reason for his gloomy look and the shedding of tears. He said while handing over that his administration was able to calm nerves of the masses in restoring the Abuja Master Plan and that brought measurable tranquility to the territory.
"We have tried to restore confidence in the administration of FCT and have instituted a number of programmes. I wish the in-coming administration will sustain the legacies we have left behind."
Modibbo expressed the desire to serve again in any capacity if re-appointed as he claimed to still have so much passion to effect positive changes in the nation.

"I am ready for service to my fatherland when called without hesitation. One of the presidents I served with will always say minister before, minister today and minister hmmm... You never can tell what God has in store for us."
The newly appointed supervising Minister for the FCT, Mr. Remi Babalola said his appointment was another call to national service, as a responsible and patriotic Nigerian.

"I will endeavour to put in my best efforts. Let me place on record the tremendous efforts and zeal exhibited in the administration of the FCT by the out-going Minister, Dr. Aliyu Modibbo Umar and the Minister of State, Senator John James Akpanudoedehe.
"The position of the Federal Capital Territory has always been unique, given the vision of the founding fathers. The uniqueness of managing the FCT derives from being a cross between a ministry and a state administration," he said.

According to him, the major concern of all Nigerians over the years, and which all previous administrations have had to contend with, was the need to restore the Abuja Master Plan.
"We are all aware of the various challenges faced by previous administrations in this regard. It is my sincere wish to ensure that this original Master Plan is maintained.
"Every dimension of it will be carefully analysed and strictly implemented, to ensure that Abuja remains a pride, not only to Nigeria, but to the entire African continent."

Bayan Mutuwa akwai hisaby

Muhsin

Quote from: HUSNAA on October 30, 2008, 07:58:51 PM
I am glad at least in one case... that of Aliyu Modibbo Umar. That man baya son talaka from all alamomi, kuma he is not serving the talakan. What was it he said some months back about the prices of houses in Abuja..wai dama abuja ba ta talaka bace. If u cant afford it move out!!!

Ni wallahi wannan comment din comes to me with no surprise, for it's quite true yet harsh. Even if talakawas were allowed to live there, definitely they would be living in penury, I fear. Thus, I oppose any poor man who thinks Abuja life fits him. Made for capitalist. LOL

BTW,
sacking that man amazes many Nigerians for he was very industrious just like his predecessor--El-Rufa'i. Thought I know both are 'pioneers' of rashin imani, corruption an many other unmentionable devilish acts.

Oh our fatherland Nigeria. Allah bring bliss to this country, amin.
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

mlbash

Quote from: HUSNAA on October 30, 2008, 07:58:51 PM

haba Husna! what's so unique about what he said, how many times the former minister of FCT, El-Rufai said worst than that! and do you think what he said is wrong?
t is my intention to make the neglected aspect of our societies viable