News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

Hausa Film......Wayforward?

Started by Firdausi, September 04, 2009, 04:42:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Firdausi

Changes from kannywood I guess!..... Come across this film in YouTube and thought they really have tried in portraying the culture, much better then their Bollywood copy cat rubbish.
The film is based on Hausa fairy Tale "RUWAN BAGAJA" here is link to part1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5p3Y9EGdAU Search subsequent parts there..
Is this the way forward in the film industry that we will be seeing more films base on hausas real culture and traditions kodai kawai gwajine?

RAMADAN MUBARAK!

nasr19

This development is refreshing! :) Its back to basics. Hausa folklore is replete with action heroes too.  Will love to see these dramatised. It will be good to polish the subtitles a bit - I caught a few grammatical errors that could be a bit of a minus for purely non-Hausa viewers. Overall: great effort!!!  ;D ;D ;D Yaushe zamu ga Illiya dan mai karfi well acted, with effects n all?!

Fateez

Quote from: Firdausi on September 04, 2009, 04:42:32 PM
Changes from kannywood I guess!..... Come across this film in YouTube and thought they really have tried in portraying the culture, much better then their Bollywood copy cat rubbish.
The film is based on Hausa fairy Tale "RUWAN BAGAJA" here is link to part1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5p3Y9EGdAU Search subsequent parts there..
Is this the way forward in the film industry that we will be seeing more films base on hausas real culture and traditions kodai kawai gwajine?

RAMADAN MUBARAK!

That's interesting, but this is not a new development. Even the last generation of Hausa film makers made traditional films. It's just

that people refused to acknowledge that anything good could come out of Kannywood.

I remember watching a version of Ruwan Bagaja in the early 2000s, so this is only a remake, probably with better quality equipment.

There was also Daskin da Ridi with Hauwa Ali Dodo, Chiroki and Aisha Dan-Kano which was very entertaining. There were countless

traditional movies and even the modern movies, there were some with excellent taste and good screenplays.

I just wish we'd give credit where credit is due.

Hehe, enough with the seriousness, it's refreshing to see Hausa Film fans on Kanoonline because we are not very many that actually

watch them (or acknowledge that we watch them, hehe!)

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect."    ~ Mark Twain

bakangizo

Quote from: Fateez on September 05, 2009, 05:46:41 AM
That's interesting, but this is not a new development. Even the last generation of Hausa film makers made traditional films. It's just

that people refused to acknowledge that anything good could come out of Kannywood.

I remember watching a version of Ruwan Bagaja in the early 2000s, so this is only a remake, probably with better quality equipment.

There was also Daskin da Ridi with Hauwa Ali Dodo, Chiroki and Aisha Dan-Kano which was very entertaining. There were countless

traditional movies and even the modern movies, there were some with excellent taste and good screenplays.

I just wish we'd give credit where credit is due.

Hehe, enough with the seriousness, it's refreshing to see Hausa Film fans on Kanoonline because we are not very many that actually

watch them (or acknowledge that we watch them, hehe!)

You're right.  There were excellent movies even then. They tried and credit to them. It's just that the whole thing just went crazy with the copy-copy idea, and things went out of control, culminating in the Hiyana saga. Sun bata rawarsu da tsalle ne daga baya. I remember when I used to book films in advance at HRB Tarauni,  even before they were released. I still have a box-full of them ;D

Firdausi

@Fateez
Give us list of the gud ones, I'm interested

@Nars19
I Know what u mean with d subtitle, but still a good try, credit to them, but I hope they will take note and find better
translator nx time.. And ILIYA DAN MAI KARFI will be interesting, Allah yasa suyi.

@Bakan gizo
Ance wake daya bata gari.. Wato badan lamarin Hiyanaba, wannan copy copy din bazai sa su shiga abinda suka shigaba..
Good sun fara farfadowa, dafatan zamuga chigaba ba chi bayaba.

Dan-Borno

with much investment in the film industry, surely zai yi kyau.
"My mama always used to tell me: 'If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for" - Tupak

Muhsin

Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

bakangizo

Quote from: Firdausi on September 07, 2009, 01:08:17 AM
@Bakan gizo
Ance wake daya bata gari.. Wato badan lamarin Hiyanaba, wannan copy copy din bazai sa su shiga abinda suka shigaba..

Nope. Even b4 hiyana, it was evident that something drastic need to be done to checkmate them. Tabargazar tayi yawa. Hiyana was just the final nail on the coffin.