News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

KN-online GTG 2009: 1430AH

Started by EMTL, September 28, 2009, 01:05:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EMTL

Assalamu alaikum,
Is GTG possible this year (2009)? Where? When? Could Mudacris commitee start some actions. Chairman of LOC Dan barno needs to come up with some proposals.
In the Affairs of People Fear Allah (SWT). In the Matters Relating to Allah (SWT) Do not be Afraid of Anybody. Ibn Katthab (RA).

bakangizo

Muhsin

Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

Nuruddeen

Engineer, I think it is good that you reminded us abt the gathering now.

If I may suggest, I think Yankari Holiday Resort will be a good choice, but everything depends on the organiser's consent and approval.

I intend to offer a helping hand by talking to Yankari Holiday Resort Management. Will sometimes this week speak with the GM Hotels or GM operations ( if the forumnites agree) and see whether I can secure the Multipurpose Hall for us. Hands remain crossed. The only problem is : they rent it at a cost of N200,000.00 per programme i.e even if it's a matter of a day programme, and I believe most of us here are going to complain about it. However, I, still being the Site PM even though have left the place for almost a year, will see how I can influence the decision of the GM operations.

Another problem is : most of us will be coming from a far. And definitely some would want to sleep there. This I cannot assure anybody. In case one wants to stay and pass the night, one can come along with his accommodation fee. The least at Yankari is N 12, 500 per night.  This was the price we agreed with the Management that are chargeable from visitors before I left for Jigawa.

I dunno whether there's change in plan, but will also find out from the GM. About feeding, I think I can pursuade our Cooks at the restaurant to prepare food for us only for that day i.e. depending on our contribution and level of arrangement.  Becuase even the food, most of us cannot afford. They sell it at N850 per plate. And I believe the likes of Rehab, Ladi, Hanne and Uche can come to our rescue.

Peace.
Jibo
o try and fail is atleast to learn. That will save one the inestimable loss of what might have been (positive or negative).

Dan-Borno

nura, its not possible for us to make it happen at Yankari
because of the huge finance involved. 

last year it was done in kano.  I am suggesting jigawa for
this years' GTG, that means nura should still go ahead and
make all other arrangements, it doesnt matter even if it is
going to hold on top of the jigawa mountains lol.
"My mama always used to tell me: 'If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for" - Tupak

Muhsin

Salam,

I am 100% with you, DB. The finance is so exorbitant.  :o I laughed as I finished reading Nura's reply, wallahi.

And, choosing Jigawa as our venue is not a bad idea. But who and who do we have in Jigawa? Don't know. ::)
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

Nuruddeen

Quote from: Dan-Borno on October 06, 2009, 09:19:07 AM

No problem Dan Barno I was just envisaging.  I did nt say it must be at Yankari. I respect your views, and whateve you think is what we are going to do. I think Jigawa 3 star hotel, state library, or Jigawa poly will be good for our venue. What do you think?
o try and fail is atleast to learn. That will save one the inestimable loss of what might have been (positive or negative).

Muhsin

Quote from: Nuruddeen on October 06, 2009, 08:01:29 PM
No problem Dan Barno I was just envisaging.  I did nt say it must be at Yankari. I respect your views, and whateve you think is what we are going to do. I think Jigawa 3 star hotel, state library, or Jigawa poly will be good for our venue. What do you think?

Good.

Bajoga

Hahahahaha ALlah ya kawo mu shekara ta kawo, is GTG again.

ALlah ya bada sa'a

We r still on d way.
HASBUNALLAHI............

*~MuDa~*

Quote from: Dan-Borno on October 06, 2009, 09:19:07 AM

Dan-Borno, your suggestion is ok persay, but i think if we take the GTG to Jigawa we might be missing touch with the other members, i will say we should do it in Kano like always, remember its Kanoonline, though for all Hausawa's and northerners, and Kano is like where most of the members are, and as such there is a chance the organisation will be much easier here. wht do you think?
...He begot not, nor is He begotten!
www.articlesdir.co.cc

Dan-Borno

may be mr. mouse and cursor should check the attendance
list before saying that most of the members who attended
last year's GTG are living in kano.

you know jigawa's lamido and his talakawa summit is something
we should stand by him.

just my views.
"My mama always used to tell me: 'If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for" - Tupak

*~MuDa~*

I hope you are not implying that there are more members in Jigawa than Kano. Anyway, the reason for the bad turn-out last year was as a resultof the poor communication medium we have, i believe that this time if we device a better means of communicating the event we may have a better turn-out, going by the level of dormancy by members these days i suggest we go mobile with sms, we should compile the list of members we know we have their phone numbers and invite them via sms, what do you think?
www.articlesdir.co.cc

*~MuDa~*

GUys, we seriously need to rap this thing up within this month so we can make a decent advert throughout December, so we need to rap it up like NOW. D.B. you need to list out the organisers now especially the Kano guys and give out responsibilities so we can get to work or we are risking not haveing our GTG. Please.
www.articlesdir.co.cc

EMTL

Assalamu alaikum,
I wish to propose tyhe following as members of LOC:
1. Mudacris
2. Muhsin
3. Danmegona
4. GGK
5. Nura Jibo
6. Waziri, and
7. Hajiya Husnaa

Bakangizo da Danbarno ku sawo tsarabar Shinkafa-kaza, ko?
I think the LOC need to start some actions and give us feedback next week Wednesday.
Allah (SWT) ya sa mu dace.
In the Affairs of People Fear Allah (SWT). In the Matters Relating to Allah (SWT) Do not be Afraid of Anybody. Ibn Katthab (RA).

Muhsin

Quote from: *~MuDa~* on November 03, 2009, 08:23:15 PM
GUys, we seriously need to rap this thing up within this month so we can make a decent advert throughout December, so we need to rap it up like NOW. D.B. you need to list out the organisers now especially the Kano guys and give out responsibilities so we can get to work or we are risking not haveing our GTG. Please.

I have been feeling this very way, Muda, and I told you the other time. My optimism is only hanged by a thread. . .I still hope the GTG would take place, though.

Quote from: EMTL on November 04, 2009, 12:05:05 PM
Assalamu alaikum,
I wish to propose tyhe following as members of LOC:
1. Mudacris
2. Muhsin
3. Danmegona
4. GGK
5. Nura Jibo
6. Waziri, and
7. Hajiya Husnaa

Bakangizo da Danbarno ku sawo tsarabar Shinkafa-kaza, ko?
I think the LOC need to start some actions and give us feedback next week Wednesday.
Allah (SWT) ya sa mu dace.

Thanks for the proposal, Ranka Ya Dade.

1-Muda: is Muda still residing in Kano? Don't know.

2-Muhsin: we've just resumed back to school; thus being too busy. Yet I kinda of belive I get something to offer. . .but that has to be started now or never.

3-Danmegona: I'm hopefull my friend will do his best, inshaAllah.

4-GGNK: This fellow sincerely dey busy as machine, hence can't do much. I darned know he would if he had the chance, for he really did margically the other time.

5-Nura Jibo: This fella is as well busy, I know. He's there writing, preparing for paper presentation and so on. But that notwithstanding, I kinda feel he's gonna do it.

6-Waziri: Just like his friend, Nura. But he too. . .inshaAllah.

7-Auntie Husnaa: Nobody can say a word.