News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

Sharing Hannatu's Dream

Started by Nuruddeen, October 01, 2009, 03:52:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nuruddeen

Hannatu Adamu is neighbour and family friend. She has been writing poems for more than 5 years. The poetess is currently in her final year studying civil law at the Faculty of Law, A.B.U Zaria.  Hanny, a lady of substance lives in her own world. She shares her dreams about Nigeria since her days at A.B.U Staff School. Typical of those dreams that she once shared consciously or subconsciously was the "Animal Kingdom".

As we sat under Bishiyar Rimi and listened to the birds singing. Hannatu on she went :
"There was once a kingdom of animals and other thing
But of all the creatures
A Snake was made king
In fact, the Snake had once ruled an empire semi-arid;
wearing the garment of a lone ranger
This time, he says
He brings rule of law and is democracy's harbinger
Now his term is almost coming to an end
He is in fact fortunate to have ruled twice part of the most poverty stricken and crises ridden empire
The tragedy is:
That the other option available for the throne Are Scorpions and Vultures, that once benefitted and are still benefitting from the Snake.
Who knows when Lion will rightfully ascend the throne?
But the Snake, determined, Has appointed his yes-men, in his palace.
And still pulls the strings from his ailing barn".

My dear Hannatu, Maa Maa as we generally call her shares and dedicates this dream to all the birds, which have wings but cannot fly an inch;
To all the birds that live in cages; whose achievements are missing from life pages.

As we read Hannatu's dreams we got to believe her that as "Animal Kingdom" grows older, in general, birthdays become less celebrated, becuase old music and games are becoming less and less fashionable.  Unfortunately, we have to assure dear Hanny  that its only nature that can actualise her dreams and be the source of her today's birthday inspiration.
Lol. Nura. 

o try and fail is atleast to learn. That will save one the inestimable loss of what might have been (positive or negative).

Muhsin

Why wouldn't you invite her to the forum? We get Poetry section...huh?

I enjoyed reading the poem.
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

Nuruddeen

Quote from: Muhsin on October 02, 2009, 11:43:44 AM

Dear Muhsin, I doubt much if I will introduce my lovely Hanny to the forum, because I want her to live in her own world. Lol!!!  Anyway, wil think over it lol!!!
o try and fail is atleast to learn. That will save one the inestimable loss of what might have been (positive or negative).

Jibo

A poet or with the additional ess is only one if he or she is heard or read! Writnig is for sharing especially such an elegantAfrican philosophy and style! Fauna and Flora! It really makes sense peotically! And if you like Nigerially.
A lazy youth is definitely a begging adult! Bata hankalin Dare ka yi suna!: Fas'alu ahalil zikri, inkuntum la ta'alamun!

Nuruddeen

Quote from: Jibo on October 04, 2009, 11:17:12 PM
A poet or with the additional ess is only one if he or she is heard or read! Writnig is for sharing especially such an elegantAfrican philosophy and style! Fauna and Flora! It really makes sense peotically! And if you like Nigerially.

Baba, I juss don't want to say Jibo, because u are already my Dad's name sake. Anyway, I just dunno whether am to thank u on Hannatu's behalf or juss to say Merci beacou, because Hanny was actually the person that wrote her poem in her own way. Mine was to share it with our well-wishers and loved ones. Lol!!!!

Jibo

Well, Malam Nura (Haske) extend this to your Hanny, at least she should understnad that the essence of an expression is to communicate and be understood, wisley or otherwise. It's nice reaing her African cryptic philosophy and social criticism; it is normal with Africans either in poetic way or folktales styles. The message is registered only that those it will benefit don't read our Forum and don't understand our language. Even those closer to them don't. Well, we'll tkae it whichever way! Kudos!
A lazy youth is definitely a begging adult! Bata hankalin Dare ka yi suna!: Fas'alu ahalil zikri, inkuntum la ta'alamun!

Abu-Safwan

I wish to Learn Poem from Hannatu. So I want her to join the forum.

Muhsin

Quote from: Nuruddeen on October 03, 2009, 06:00:51 PM
Quote from: Muhsin on October 02, 2009, 11:43:44 AM

Dear Muhsin, I doubt much if I will introduce my lovely Hanny to the forum, because I want her to live in her own world. Lol!!!  Anyway, wil think over it lol!!!

Wish you all the best.  :-X
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

Nuruddeen

Quote from: Abu-Safwan on October 06, 2009, 11:19:33 AM
I wish to Learn Poem from Hannatu. So I want her to join the forum.
Its alright Malam Safwan. Will discuss with her sometimes over the weekend and see whether she will be interested. I actually picked this poem from the book she gave to me and she did not know hw far am taking her book. Anyway, she will be on board dear. Lol!!!