News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

Adawa!

Started by gogannaka, February 18, 2010, 02:25:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gogannaka

The Sun newspapers,Wednesday 17th february 2010.
By Chidi Obineche.

Acting President, Dr. Goodluck Jonathan may have waltzed through many obstacles placed on his way to full assumption of presidential powers, but there are still many mountains to climb and rivers to cross. Daily Sun learnt that those who lost in the spirited battle to stop him have dug into their bag of strategies with fresh plans to oust him or at worst cage him. This group, whose ranks are swelling by the day, have resorted to raking up Jonathan's past "as governor of Bayelsa State between December 5, 2005 to May 29, 2007.

The group, held several meetings in the office of a principal aide of President Yar'Adua, and in a highbrow hotel in the Asokoro District of Abuja also alleged that the Acting President has already blown over N300 billion since November 23, 2009 when Yar'Adua left for treatment abroad.

Confirming the development, a source in the Presidency attributed the new offensive and the unyielding pressure on Jonathan on desperation. "They want to use this to smear the man's image and make him unattractive and unacceptable to Nigerians. They are afraid of their jobs, but they pretend to be fighting for the Northern interest. They claim that the Acting President mismanaged the resources of Bayelsa State through reckless spending, which brought him and his successor to a disagreement in 2008. Let them bring the records."

Daily Sun, however, reports that Jonathan has been under intense pressure from all quarters for approvals and may have lost grip in some situations, which led to the alleged massive N300 billion blow-up. Some elements also cashed in on the initial confusion and instability in the Presidency in the wake of Yar'Adua's departure to extract huge sums of money for one design or the other.

Jonathan, it was learnt, approved monies for both pro-Yar'Adua rallies and those that were in his interest.
It was further learnt that a mind-boggling amount was used to "settle" members of the National Assembly before they acquiesced to the demand to empower Jonathan, last Tuesday. The amount is being spoken of in hush-hush tones amongst pro-Yar'Adua elements in the Presidency.
There was no immediate confirmation of the allegation, but pointers were in the direction of a leading business mogul, who they alleged provided the funds, which would be recouped in a matter of weeks after tying up a huge oil contract.
"How do you explain the sudden and dramatic turnaround of members of the National Assembly. In fact, until Monday, which is a day before that Tuesday, most of them we sounded out were still blowing hot. How can they blow cold only a few hours later? Something passed under the bridge and no one is deceived."
Realignment

Even as the committee set up by Jonathan to harmonise duties in the Presidency involving Yar'Adua and Jonathan's aides is set to submit its report, uncertainty is the order of the day. Some dye in the wool ministers are already keying into the Jonathan presidency. Foreign Affairs Minister Chief Ojo Maduekwe, leads the pack. He, it was alleged, was the mastermind in the controversial memo by Information and Communications Minister, Prof. Dora Akunyili.

Unlike before last week when some ministers were passive, adopting a wait-and-see attitude, a clear division between Yar'Adua and Jonathan has emerged. This became expedient, following rumours that Jonathan was under intense pressure from ex-President Olusegun Obasanjo to buckle up and assert himself by firing errant ministers. Most diehard Yar'Adua supporters among the ministers and aides have taken a position to protect Yar'Adua's interest and do not see how they can operate successfully under Jonathan presumably perceived as the weakest Vice President since the Second Republic.
Prior to his elevation, they wielded more influence and power. Jonathan's wife, Patience is said to have come fully into the picture and is among those pushing for him to dissolve the cabinet.

Although Turai, Yar'Adua's wife had a commanding influence in the Presidency and among ministers, there are growing concerns now, especially in the last one week on how to contend with Mrs. Jonathan following reports of her power and influence in Yenagoa between 2005 and 2007. Those in the know have already made rapprochements with a view to currying her favour, and in mortal fear of the unknown.
Surely after suffering comes enjoyment

IBB

May God do away with anti-peace. Haba mutane bakwa son zaman lafiya, daga wannan sai wannan. Nobody is perfect.

Why are all these accusation coming up now when he's just 'acting' president? Where were these accusation hiding when he was a VP. Is it bcos Nigerians and their media do not like stability?

Anyway as an accountant I can understand the higher the volatily (instability) the higher the gain. Probably thats the game Nigerians and their media are playing.

To Allah ya sauwwaqe Ameen and direct those who deviate due to self interest to the right path of one Nigeria.
IHS

bakangizo

Kana wasa da 'yan Nigeria kenan. Haka muke. Sai ma a Kano za ka ji adawa na banza dana wofi da rashin hankali ;D

My boss was telling me about Sunusi Jaku. Wani politician ne a Niger Republic. Shi kullum a opposition yake. Wani dan jarida ya tambaye shi akidar shi. Sai yace shi kawai dan "Adawa" ne. Aka ce meye adawa? Yace "Hamayya"! ;D

Dan-Borno

Quote from: Bakan~Gizo on February 23, 2010, 04:57:47 PM
Wani dan jarida ya tambaye shi akidar shi. Sai yace shi kawai dan "Adawa" ne. Aka ce meye adawa? Yace "Hamayya"! ;D

lol hamayya ko? yanzu da sojoji suka karba fa, mecece akidarsa?

on a more serious note, mutanen mu basu san abinda ake
ce dashi adawa ba, kudi ake biya saboda ayi adawa not
because the government did not implement any meaningful
project, a a, saboda kawai basu sonshi.
"My mama always used to tell me: 'If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for" - Tupak

gogannaka

Quote from: Bakan~Gizo on February 23, 2010, 04:57:47 PM
Kana wasa da 'yan Nigeria kenan. Haka muke. Sai ma a Kano za ka ji adawa na banza dana wofi da rashin hankali ;D

My boss was telling me about Sunusi Jaku. Wani politician ne a Niger Republic. Shi kullum a opposition yake. Wani dan jarida ya tambaye shi akidar shi. Sai yace shi kawai dan "Adawa" ne. Aka ce meye adawa? Yace "Hamayya"! ;D
Hahahaha!
You should take this to the make me laugh thread,
kasan fa adawa is the easiest way to get noticed and 'settled' in politics.(well at least Nigerias politics)
Surely after suffering comes enjoyment

bakangizo

Gaskiya kam adawa a nigeria shirme ne. There should be criticism, yes. Indeed, it is desirable. Because without it, the leadership would almost certainly derail. Amma yadda ake adawa, abin ba ma tsari.