News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

HELP PROTECT THIS MOSQUE!!!

Started by Mallam, March 18, 2010, 07:10:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mallam

On behalf of residents of Tsamiyar Boka in Hotoro – Kano, I hereby using this medium to plead that, you, as the custodians of Islam in Nigeria, save the noble religion of Islam from a very big slap. A landlord by the name of Alhaji Abdullahi Sammani owns a suite of shops at TSAMIYAR BOKA BUS STOP, HOTORO-KANO; he went and got a permit to extend his shops to encroach upon the mosque at the area.
When we asked him to stop, he said he had been given permission by the government and so no one can stop him.
At present, he has demolished part of the mosque to build his shops and from all indications, he intends to demolish the remaining part of mosque.
The land he is encroaching upon is public property and we are very surprised that in any public official to give approval for a place of worship to be demolished and shops built instead.
We are using this medium to call on fellow Muslims to help in calling on the authorities concerned to stop this desecration.
Do not allow our religion be dragged in the mud, HELP US PLEASE
MAKING SOMEONE HAPPY AND RELIEVING SOMEONE'S SADNESS IS MY EVERYDAY MISSION.
JOIN ME BY HELPING THOSE WHO YOU CAN HELP TODAY!

amira

Kai Allah sa mu gama lafiya ameen..............
What has this world come too that people these days seem to be doing things
that i just dont understand.............. Kaicho
Ai demolishing a place of worship just for a place of selling goods.
Cant he go somewhere else and build his shops am sure duk fadin kano
there is a place that he can build, not where a masjid is for goodness sake.
*Each day is definately defining me and finding me*

Dan-Borno

we should be very careful when airing our grievances in
matters that affect religion.  we must also note that
government is a machinery, though can be wrong, but
if proper channel is followed can be corrected.

there are unanswered questions, because it is our habit
here in arewa to build mosque even if the location is not
designed for it.

i will advise mallam to get a copy of the master plan of
tsamiyan biri area first, check wether the mosque is in the
original master plan and confirm wether that said plot of
land was not allocated to the alhaji even before the mosque
was built.

if the plot is legally his, the mosque stands no where and
if he so wishes he can demolish it and build whatever pleases
him and the community should go ahead and procure a
different plot for their mosque.

lets follow the due process please.
"My mama always used to tell me: 'If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for" - Tupak

gogannaka

LOL,DB tsamiyan biri kuma? Tsamiyan boka dai.LOL

However,what you said is the absolute fact.
When someone wants to encroach on a land all he needs to do is to build a mosque around the area.

Mallam,sorry if your calls seem to fall on deaf ears.
Please endeavour to count the number of mosques available at the tsamiyar boka bus stop.
Mosques spring up everywhere and sometimes instead of uniting the Muslims they end up dividing them.
So please, as DB says,confirm the position of the mosque on the master plan
Islam can never be dragged in the mud inshaallah.
Surely after suffering comes enjoyment

Ibro2g

I am completely with su Dan-Barno on this. Truth of the matter is we dont even build so many mosques in kano that within the same kilometer u find 3 mosques or more. This promotes disunity amongst us. We should learn to do things right especially when it comes to religion. God knows at this age and time Islam's good name has suffered a big beating in the eyes of the world and its our fault.

Safety and peace
Safety and Peace

Mallam

As Salam Alyakum,
With due regards, respect and gratitude to everyone for their contributions, I wish to state very clearly Alhaji Sammani Abdullahi got a permit for "extension" of his veranda. it was this permit he went ahead and used in encroaching upon the Mosque.
Whilst i don't dispute the negative effect of having multiple mosques on Islamic unity, should that be a justifiable reason for the demolition of a known place of worship.
Like we all know as Muslims, the Owner of the House will take care of His property.
May Allah's Will be done.
Thank you all.
MAKING SOMEONE HAPPY AND RELIEVING SOMEONE'S SADNESS IS MY EVERYDAY MISSION.
JOIN ME BY HELPING THOSE WHO YOU CAN HELP TODAY!