News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

Emir of Kano escapes assasination attempt!

Started by gogannaka, July 12, 2010, 04:27:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gogannaka

But for providence, the Emir of Kano, Alhaji Ado Bayero, would have been killed over the weekend.

The traditional ruler escaped assassination last Friday by a lone gunman who attempted to kill him during the Muslim Juma'at prayer in Kano.

The suspect, 19 year-old Usman Abubakar, who lives in the Doraji Quarters in Kano Metropolis, was however, apprehended by the Police before carrying out the act.

Also arrested is one Alhaji Abubakar Batakaye who allegedly asked Abubakar to carry out the act.
Abubakar told THISDAY at the Kano Police Command headquarters yesterday that he was sent by a Mallam (marabout) with a specific instruction to kill the emir.

"I arrived the mosque as early as 9 am that day. I was sent to the place of worship by a 65 year-old Mallam Abubakar Batakaye, a marabout with a specific instruction to kill the emir," he told the newspaper.
He said Batakaye allegedly asked him to recite one of the verses in the Holy Quran, Qurisiyu, 12,000 times before the congregational prayers to ensure the success of the deadly assignment.

Abubakar also stated that the marabout gave him a small amulet to conceal inside his mouth in order for him to garner courage in executing the task and to mysteriously disappear after.
He said: "I regret this attempt to kill the emir; I seek for his forgiveness and pardon. I am under the influence of the mallam who directed me to commit this ugly act.

"I was influenced by the mallam who told me to commit the act. For over ten years, I have been an ally of the mallam and his order or directive for me is like a blessing."
Spokesman of Kano Police Command, SP Baba Mohammed Azare, confirmed the story and the arrest of the duo, saying "the state commissioner of police has ordered immediate investigation of the matter and the investigating team will be led by the Deputy Commissioner of Police, Mr. Lawal Tanko.

Also speaking with THISDAY, Batakaye denied ordering Abubakar to engage in the Emir's murder.
"I have been attending that particular mosque for more 20 years without failing; I have a place reserved for me inside the mosque. I cannot think of attacking a monarch because our religion teaches us to regard them as the father of all," he said.
http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=178077
Surely after suffering comes enjoyment

Muhsin

Salam,

Lucky for the emir. That was for the second time in not a long time ago. I hence can't stop asking/scrutinizing what's actually wrong with the emir and his subjects, if I may call them? Is it that he's becoming unpopular like his deputy governor, Shekarau?

Allah ya kiyaye, amin.
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

gogannaka

As the story becomes clearer,i heard that the boy actually had no pistol on him but some little bullets. Plus it is said that he will undergo psychiatric tests to confirm his mental status.
Some believe he was just a 'kwar-kwar' that was caught unawares.
In any case the police should investigate thoroughly and the perpetrators brought to book.
Allah ya kiyaye gaba.

I have noticed that a great number of people have lost love for the Emir mostly because he is in good(excellent) terms with the Governor.
In many debates i've had with people with such view,their reason for the dislike is simply because of the good relationship and his crowning of Shekarau as Sardaunan Kano. They also make mention of Dar-al Handasah,a consultancy firm which the emir has interest been given the consultancy project for the tamburawa water plant.
But the i ask them if by default the emir is supposed to be a rival of the executive?
Surely after suffering comes enjoyment

bakangizo

Quote from: gogannaka on July 13, 2010, 02:19:11 PM
I have noticed that a great number of people have lost love for the Emir mostly because he is in good(excellent) terms with the Governor.
In many debates i've held with people with such view,their reason for the dislike is simply because of the good relationship and his crowning of Shekarau as Sardaunan Kano. They also make mention of Dar-al Handasah,a consultancy firm which the emir has interest being giving the consultancy project for the tamburawa water plant.
But the i ask them if by default the emir is supposed to be a rival of the executive?

Thank you. Iskanci ne kawai da jahilci, musamman irin na mutanen Kano. Why MUST the Emir fight the Governor? If the governor has not given him any reason to be his enemy, why won't they be in good terms? He has a Governor that respects him. A governor that is doing a great deal of good job in the State. So why should they fight? Shi hali  irin na mutumin Kano dai abin sai Allah ya sauwake za'a ce.  In zasu ki mutum (ko su so shi), sai ka samu mafi akasarin dalilan su kame-kame ne kawai da shiririta, wanda yake cike da jahilci.

Shi kuma wannan abin da faru, Allah Ya dada kare sarki, kuma Allah Ya tsare mu gaba dayan mu, da dukkan musulmi bisa irin wannan masifu da suke neman baibaye mu.

Muhsin

^^^ You had me smiling. What/who is the insult for/to? If you feel that bad because people air/say their views you really get yourself a job.

Me no kia what they (or we?) say regarding the emir's cordial relationship with the governor. There I just said what is most commonly said in our societies. If that frustrates anyone here (and there), my deepest regret and most kind apology.

May Allah protect the emir and us from such an attack, amin. May the attackers never get luck.
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

bakangizo

The "insult", if that's what you feel it is, was meant for the irresponsible type of politics being practiced in Kano. You need not put up any apology (I'm asssuming it is an apology). It got nothing to do with you. But, yes, you are right; I feel bad about it, because you go round States in the country, amma da wuya ka samu inda ake kazamin siyasa na rashin hankali irin Kano. This is where trivialities, not issues of substance, drive people's political emotions. This is where people come out and abuse/insult their leaders on the radio  24/7.

HUSNAA

Allah Ya Kiyaye. Make di old emir die a natural death don Allah. Make him answer before his maker all his faults.
Yes ana siyasa ta rashin hankali a kano kam. The worst culprits are the ANPP members. Kuma the ""good" job that the dear gov is doing is not nearly good enough. He should have started it long ago, he should have reigned in the xcesses of his deputed officials (commissioners). Ba Allah Ya Isa zai rika yi ba kurum.
Kai Allah Ya Kyauta. Allah Ya kawo mana gwammnatin da zata kula da mutanen da take shugaban ta ameen
Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum