News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

SAYYID QUTB – THE EVER ONE AMONG THE MUSLIM THINKERS

Started by Abu-Safwan, August 27, 2017, 10:20:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abu-Safwan

SAYYID QUTB – THE EVER ONE AMONG THE MUSLIM THINKERS
On 29th of the same month of August, 1966 the great Shaheed Sayyid Qutb Ibrahim was martyred (via execution) by the notorious Egyptian regime of Jamal Abdul Naseer, the then Pharoah of Egypt, on false accusation. On the same date of 29 of this current Month I will, by God's leave write few details on this great personality in my subsequent post. But before then, let us hear what scholars say about this great revivalist personality:
'Sayyid Qutb was an outstanding personality from amongst the great figures of Islamic thought, from the men of contemporary Islamic Awakening....He possessed the true Imaanic stance, a person of Jihad, struggle, sacrifice, and sincerity to the Ummah. He enriched the Islamic heritage with masterpieces of work from literature and thought.'
(Shaykh Ahmed Fareed, In Mawaaqif Imaaniyah )

'I say that there is a chapter in this book (Milestones) which is of great benefit, called '
La ilaha illallah minhaj hayah'......he (Sayyid Qutb) has written some words which I believe are like light from light ilham (inspiration)'. 
(Shaykh Nasiruddeen al-Albani, 'al-I'tidal fee Sayyid Qutb' - Q&A with Shaykh Al-Albani)
'
Sayyid Qutb is....'the most famous personality of the Muslim world in the second half of the 20th century.'       (Robert Irwin, Is this the man that inspired Bin Laden?)

'Sayyid Qutb based his life upon, and what he dedicated his pen for: the Da'wah (call) towards Tawhid (monotheism) of Allah "in ruling and legislating," rejecting the man-made laws, and confronting those who committed that (legislating and ruling by other than Allah's rule).'
(Shaykh Bakr Abu Zaid, Office of the Presidency of Islamic Research and Legal Verdicts)

'Sayyid Qutb (is) among the scholars of the Muslims and among the people of da'wah. Allah has brought benefit by (him) and through (him) He has guided many people.'
(Shaykh Ibn Jibreen, Office of the Presidency of Islamic Research and Legal Verdicts)

'Sayyid Qutb (in) his now-celebrated book, Ma'alim fi'l-tareeq (Milestones)........denounces the existing order in Muslim societies as Jahiliyyahh, provides guidelines for Muslim activists and describes the steps they must take to establish a society based on divine guidance.'
(Zafar Bangash, Institute of Contemporary Islamic Thought)

'....We heard that the death sentence....on Imam Shahid Sayyid Qutb.....had been carried out....Such a great loss. Sayyid Qutb....a man who held fast to his religion, trusting in Allah's victory. Read Milestones to find out why Sayyid (Qutb) was executed.'
(Zainab al-Ghazali,  Return of the Pharaoh)