News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

Bayajidd

Started by Dante, October 11, 2006, 05:08:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dante

Barkanmu da war haka.

Kwanakin baya, nakeji wai akwai wani frofesa daya shiga kasashen larabawa domin yayo binciken asalin iyayen bayajidda. Amma a duk bincikensa dayayi ya dawo da cewa a wannan kimani da bayajidda yazo kasar hausa, ba'a taba samun wani d'an sarki da ya bar kasarsa ba.

Do allah idan da akwai wani wanda yafini sanin wannan, to ya dan kara yimana bayani.

neozizo

Maybe Bayajidda claimed to be a prince and the gullible natives believed him at the time.
Anyway,the story is taught in social studies lessons as a myth/legend.
Allahu A'alam

Fateez

Quote from: "zizo"Maybe Bayajidda claimed to be a prince and the gullible natives believed him at the time.
Anyway,the story is taught in social studies lessons as a myth/legend.
Allahu A'alam

:evil:  :evil:  :evil: Heeeeeeeeeyyyyy!!!! Zizo, thats personal! Gullible natives?!

Puhleeeeez! It could have been a misunderstanding, remember in da past

that region of the world went through a lot of battles maybe the prince

was lost and they thought he was dead, whereas he was actually lost and

wandering the world. Besides i'm sure those Arab kings of the past had

lots of children maybe the historians lost count or maybe he wasnt very

important...

P.S:: I just noticed that Kanawa have a problem with this bayajidda issue,

why? i mean seriously, Da only people that i have had discussions about

the history being a myth are all kanawa. Are they just being a bit too

inquisitive? or is it just plain old jealousy that the "Ko da me ka zo an fika"

mentality has been proven false by the katsinawa.  :P  :P  :P

Katsinawan da kuka raina are your ancesters so... u know...HATTARA  :twisted:  :twisted:

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect."    ~ Mark Twain

gogannaka

Fateez it is not only 'yan kano' that have doubts over the bayajidda story.Many historians also have doubts concerning thes story.Infact in a book by Dr.Muhammad tahir adamu,'Asalin Hausawa',there are about three schools of thoughts as to the origin of bayajidda.Some believe he is a prince that came from iraq after having a quarrel with his father.Others believe there was a kind of famine in the region and he decided to search a greener pasture so he finally arrived daura.
Whatever the case the story has some source.

For the people of daura,how could you bow down to a snake sotee u can only fetch water once a week.Babu jarumai a garin sai da wani balarabe ya zo ya sama muku ruwa.If it were kano ehn!
Surely after suffering comes enjoyment

neozizo

Please fateez,i assure u my views on the issue werent fueled by a kano-katsina thing.....though i concede goggannaka is right about rashin "jarumai a garin sai da wani balarabe ya zo ya sama muku ruwa.If it were kano ehn!"

Fateez

Heheheheheheh...so because the people are calm peaceful, non-violent

and obedient subjects they r not jarumai? Hehe, Da Kano ne fa? Sai me?

Toh, za ayi ta fada da kone kone ba? Za su yi struggling for freedom.

Yay! Congratulations!

See these people voted "NO" to violence and they endured the situation

until one day God sent this person to them to free them a cikin sauki da

kwanciyar hankali. They didnt even have to bother.

Moral of da story - Da people were just showing Patience! 8)  8)  8)

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect."    ~ Mark Twain

Ibro2g

lol, well u guys gave me a crack about this Bayajidda issue.
Bayajiddah was a myth like many other myths, it was a way of keeping history down through time. To engulf everything in a metaphor and pass it down as stories.

We were terrible when it comes to documentation and preserving history, we still are. And the real accord of Bayajiddah may never be found. However, it may have been a man, not necessarily a prince, who defied a King(the snake) in his Kingdom(the well) being so cruel as to not let his people drink from the well, or was just cruel in other ways. And this man(the prince) fought the king, probably killing him in a coup. With so many plots involving the towns men and the kings...probably...youngest wife. After dethroning him, and the then Hausa kingdom, he then married the youngest wife, appointed himself King and sent down his generals or advocates to the other major cities to rule.

This theory is opened to suggestions. Some body please lay down know facts about Bayajidda for us, and then mythical stories too. Somebody please tell me when this allegedly happened, age or era.

Finally it is wrong to call him the father of Hausawa...afterall we did exist and speak and coexist b4 bayajidda, we were a nation before him, we do have a bigger history than that...again open to discussions
Safety and Peace