News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

Last book(s) you are given, bought or borrowed.

Started by Muhsin, January 30, 2008, 01:39:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muhsin

Salam,

There are, at times, books one would either buy, borrow or be given to that are neither novels, which one feels he could come up here and tell us about in the thread What are you reading today, nor are very interesting to be shared in Must Read Novel, pls thread or not completely consider to be discussed as Literature  but are literature at least, aren't they? They are since are what they say; written composition.

So, this thread is purposely for all sort of books, be it Literature, religios, commercial, engineering, medicine and so on. Just tell us a bit, if possible, about them. You can also write anything, but mind meaningful and constructive. ;D

Let me start, eh. I'm given two books very recently. Are written by one of KanoOnline esteemed and old member--EMTL. The books are titled; Courtship and Marriage, and Islam, Music and Idle-talk. His decision and choice to give me these books really fascinated me. Why...because am a young man. And the contextual theme affects us (and young ladies) most than any body. Though I haven't start reading them but will soon start, inshaAllah. Thanks for the gift, Engineer.

What is/are the book(s) you are either given, bought or borrowed, brothers and sisters?

Thanks for your response.
Muhsin
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

Muhsin

That weekend I went to Bata and bought three good novels. Oh...quite expensive ones. Had never bought novels as expensive as these threes.

1-Violets Are Blue by James Patterson, 2- Digital Fortress by Dan Brown and 3- The Icarus Agenda by Robbert Ludlum.

But, am very sure that I don't spend my money worthlessly. Any comment on these novels? Who has ever read one among them? I read sometimes ladymerciful was reading one James Patterson's novel that I cannot recall its name. And I know my big brother Gogannaka was again reading that author's works. How about this, eh?

Thanks
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

Konan

im reading Roses Are Red and den after I finish that I'll read Violets Are Blue its Alex Cross and he's a good character James Patterson has created.

I dunno bout u guys but i BUY books lol I think most of my money goes on books lol my dream is to own my very own library how nice wud dat be lol

Muhsin

Quote from: ladymerciful on February 04, 2008, 12:24:04 PM
i dunno bout u guys but i BUY books lol i think most of my money goes on books lol my dream is to own my very own library how nice wud dat be lol

Better know now, Ladymerciful, but I too want to, very much, own my own library. And most or let me say two third, in precise, of my money are going always on books and...browsing. You see. Even browsing we are doing, one must pay for it. But you, I believe, have access to internet more than us and almost free, huh.

NB:
When you are writing a title of a novel or any other book, use the format am using when writing it, i.e capitalize the first letters of each word and/or clause and put them in commas OR underline them OR italasize them. Thats how it should rightly supposed to be.

Thanks. You are really always making this forum great. We are proud of you. Keep coming.

Konan

lol wow we shud meet and create our very own library it'll be known as R&M Libraries where the R stands for RAHIMA and of course the M for MUHSIN

u're right my internet is free

Muhsin

You are funny, very funny Rahima. Thanks for the...jokes and hopes.

Am given one book, which I cannot now recall its actual title but its one of the Chronicle of Nania. The book looks more for children than men. Thus I just dumped it and don't think I'll read it. Have you ever read it?

Konan

lol well it is a gud idea R&M libraries lol

nop i havent read any chrinicles of narnia i'll stick to watching it instead its only thriller and horros i wud read rather than watch since they never can create a film as gud as the book.

im still readin roses are red lol i have no time to read it

Muhsin

Barons by Ahamad Kurfi. I borrowed it from our school liberary. Don't have much time to say something about it but when I get back, I hope.