News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

DO U AGREE OR DISAGREE

Started by ummita, May 05, 2003, 01:26:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lionger

Guduma, why are you resurrecting these old threads?

fastboi

I am of the opinion that beating a child will only help issues on a short-term basis. You beat a child all it's life, you are going to end up with a really messed up adult. The beaten child will directly or indirectly end up with enough psychological trauma to last a lifetime. And nobody will notice it till when it's usually too late. So many of people's psychological or mental problems are linked greatly with what happened to them as children. What I endeavour to do is talk to the child, it's not a brainless animal, you just have to know how to communicate effectively with it.
 heard that you r addressed as you r dressed!

Saif-e-

QuoteI am of the opinion that beating a child will only help issues on a short-term basis. You beat a child all it's life, you are going to end up with a really messed up adult. The beaten child will directly or indirectly end up with enough psychological trauma to last a lifetime. And nobody will notice it till when it's usually too late. So many of people's psychological or mental problems are linked greatly with what happened to them as children. What I endeavour to do is talk to the child, it's not a brainless animal, you just have to know how to communicate effectively with it.
I strongly agree with fastboi here.HABA!!!!we wre talking about human beings here not animals!And the most innocent of all being at that.I believe that any parent who hits his/her child is the one with the problems not the child.
Life is a lesson,learn it_

Hafsy_Lady

*HISS*
This is how all of you will or have already spoilt rotten your children, if a child misbehaves set the record straight!!!! KOBOKO/BULALA please! ::) 3 strokes will be enough I didnt say turn pikin into donkey.......Abeg all of you are yannin nohnsihenz ::) wait till you have children of your own, if they do u shege, you will know worra I mean. (infact I just happen to smack my aunt daugther for pourin water on the bed because I diluted her cordial ::) after smacking her she is now an angel for the time being

for all that oppose to hitting a child are pure rantinggggggg kawai, harda ke (a.k.a) Honey combs chika beeheeve by meh(ummita) ::) ;D

MAGANA YA KARE..............................
What you see is what you get[/b]

cathy

I am a young mother and my daughter is just getting to the age that discipline is going to become an issue. I don't agree with beating a child, especially a young child as they won't understand fully why you are beating them. In my opinion, a little slap on the hand whilst using a cross tone is one of the best ways of showing them that what they have done is bold. Every parent has their own way of disciplining their own children but I do believe that beating them is wrong but having said that if that was they way you were raised it might be the only way you know how to discipline your child.  :D

figorms

:-[ :-[ :'(i think i disagree with all of u most especially da girl not da lady, beating a child is not da solution at all, they say there are many ways to catch a thief so are there many ways to stop a child frm doing bad things, when a child is doing wrong (3-10) stop him frm getting some goodies let him know u would not let him/her ve it untill he/she stops what ever he is doing or going to do. and when a child is at da age of 10.......till old age, what they need is advice what i mean ve a heart too heart talk with them all da time, at least all way ve time for ur kid. i ve seen this work before it is da best, children r not animals u beat with a stick to correct evil ways cos it will come to a time they will enjoy doing evil and say after all i ll only get a beating at home. so pls dont make that mistake,get close enough to ur kid to know him and understand him/her better.  :-/
at u see is wat u get........................RMS

ajingi

I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent.

Bashir Ahmad

Nidai kan ban yarda a daki yara ba idan sunyi laifi. Amma idan sunki yin sallah akan lokaci to a dake su amma ba sosai ba.
Above All Fear Allah (S.W.A)

IBB

Quote from: Bashir Ahmad on January 13, 2010, 02:10:21 PM
Nidai kan ban yarda a daki yara ba idan sunyi laifi. Amma idan sunki yin sallah akan lokaci to a dake su amma ba sosai ba.

Allah ko? When I was young I use to received beating that you cant imagine. I lost my finger nail due to beating I was about 7 years old.

I and my sister have contemplate running away. Little things as small as gagagin-barci when ask leave the sitting room and go to our room to sleep. If gagagin-barci made you come back or forget to go and pee before going to bed, the beating is only Allah that could come to our rescure.

Who could remember electric kettle code the ones in the 80s or radio code those things finish in our bodies. one time they have to get me a new school uniform, because my white Magwan special primary school uniform was socked in blood and torn all from beating. Guess what I did? I lied to save myself because i was going thru interogation of why i am told to go to sleep but i came back and sleep on the sofa.

Why I lied is becaused I was so little that I dont  know what gagagin-barci is, so i said 'ba komai' (no reason). What my parent hate to hear. Beating start i cant say ba komai again i have to say this lie and that lie to save myself to no avail.

However I still believe beating children could be necessarry sometimes. Because I,am happy of the man I become today. However I could not beat my children that bad. There should be limit

IHS

Dan-Borno

wow, an old but important thread indeed.  i nearly lost the
point if not my patience to finish IBBs post, however, at the
end, its says all.

there is definitely a limit to beating, amma no beating at all?
sam sam, though still depends on the type of child God gave
you.
"My mama always used to tell me: 'If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for" - Tupak

bakangizo

Quote from: IBB on January 13, 2010, 03:29:07 PM
Quote from: Bashir Ahmad on January 13, 2010, 02:10:21 PM

Allah ko? When I was young I use to received beating that you cant imagine. I lost my finger nail due to beating I was about 7 years old.

I and my sister have contemplate running away. Little things as small as gagagin-barci when ask leave the sitting room and go to our room to sleep. If gagagin-barci made you come back or forget to go and pee before going to bed, the beating is only Allah that could come to our rescure.

Who could remember electric kettle code the ones in the 80s or radio code those things finish in our bodies. one time they have to get me a new school uniform, because my white Magwan special primary school uniform was socked in blood and torn all from beating. Guess what I did? I lied to save myself because i was going thru interogation of why i am told to go to sleep but i came back and sleep on the sofa.

Why I lied is becaused I was so little that I dont  know what gagagin-barci is, so i said 'ba komai' (no reason). What my parent hate to hear. Beating start i cant say ba komai again i have to say this lie and that lie to save myself to no avail.

However I still believe beating children could be necessarry sometimes. Because I,am happy of the man I become today. However I could not beat my children that bad. There should be limit

Sorry. I can imagine it. Ina ganin dukan yara yana cikin hanyoyi na tarbiyya. Domin ko musulunci ya zayyana cewa za'a iya dukan yaro in ya kai wasu shekaru baya sallah. Amma fa duka bai kamata ya zamo na ko da yaushe ba. Kuma sai in har ta kama ayi dukkan, sannan ba dukan lahanta yaro ba.

Rais

Ya ma za'ace anbar yara
ba kwabo ina ma zaiyiwu
ina ma dan dukan ya akacika
Bayan Mutuwa akwai hisaby

mystyle

Its a good post and words has deep meaning.Really nice.

sultanibro

Parents should cultivate an atmosphere of love with their children.
Fear is the best feeling a child should have about hi/her parents.
You, the parent, ios the one adviser who should normally never lead the child astray.
If he/she cant find a listening ear from you, they'd seek it someone else, God forbid they find it from the wrong person who'd lead them astray.