News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

AREWA

Started by Abut, February 09, 2004, 11:30:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abut

Salam Brothers and sisters,

i will like to start by comending the founders of this site for their vision.This will contribute in no small way in creating ideas and providing an avenue for dialogue amongst the youth of arewa.

It is obvious to every one to see that our pepole and our part of the country is the most backward in all facets of our national life.The Arewa people are the most illiterate and poor in Nigeria.We make little contribution to the economy and even at that,it is at the lower rungs of the ladder.This despite the fact that we have the largest land mass in the country,the biggest population and are blessed with fertile soil and abundant rainfall.Whereas the Igbo's are known as enterprising traders and businessmen,and the Yoruba's as educationists and professionals per excellence,our people are identified first and foremost as beggers and if employed as Guards.Suach is the sorry situation our dear arewa has found herself that a state in the western part of Nigeria produces more gradutes at all levels of education each year than all the arewa states put together.Indeed our governments count as part of their achievements an 8% pass rate in 5 subjects in SSCE!

'Yan uwa,it has not always been this way.Granted,we were always playing catch up to the other regions,but we were catching up!That was of course before the tragedies of 15th january 1966.Our leaders have betrayed us,they have turned us into a society of beggers and sycopants.What we need in arewa is a social re-engineering,a soul searching,to find out what we want for ourselves,to take charge of our future,to find leaders amongst us as dedicated as Gamji.No 1 is going to do it for us,especially not our expired leaders tha gang up in kaduna under the charade called ACF.We the youth need to talk more,orginise,try to effect changes through personal example.This we must do to achieve a our dream arewa.An arewa where illiterac y is not known,beggers become relics,farming revived,a set of values in place, and only then can we take our proper place on an equal footing with rest of the country in nation building.

Sara da sassaka ba ya hana gamji tuhu!

Samba

Gaskiya ne, but (brainstorm) how can we make a difference ? It seems to be very difficult to change the current situation. , but the problem is most of us are Moslem and like most of the Muslim world, we can't give our Qur'an up so easily for a bottle of Gin and try to immitate turawa so easily and become his fool,  the west hates Islam and Muslims so one way or the other they(the west) want to anihilate our Islamic way of life whether we live abroad or in our Islamic society . The west are oppressors, just look at history. I don't think it is just back home but the whole Islamic world is suffering, because we cannot trade in religion for shimmering glass. moslems need to be the best educated, and conducted of all people, because our deen is the truth for all mankind from God.
oney is not everything and life is not promised, therefore praise Allah with consistancy. masalam

Masoyi

Nice interesting topic, this is a good chain Abut.

I like this topic and will print it for others to see it.

Great post!
oyayya ruwan zuma, in kasha......

Dante

Nice interesting topic, this is a good chain Abut.

I like this topic and will print it for others to see it.

Great post!

Yeah men, tis a great post.

hey man, is that your son?

Anonymous

Two points.
The "West" does not hate Islam so this should not be used as an excuse for anything. If Arewa is failing it is Arewa's responsibility, nobody else's.
The original post from Abut is first class. The key is to bring into use the huge natural resources of the north. That means properly organised large scale farming as I have said before many times on this forum. The north has huge fertile lands and could export billions of Nairas of fruit and vegetables to the west as many African countries with much less than Nigeria are doing at the moment. Kano State is particularly well situated with Tiga/Bagauda irrigation power available.
Everybody in Kano State could have good work if things were organised properly. There is no need for "oil money" if the Northern states get their priorities right. But it would take ten years to get the plan going properly.

Guduma

You see to me, the north has been shirked by its leaders who are not united and are too selfish. What with Gowon, Shagari, Buhari, IBB, and Abdulsalam all from the north that have ruled Nigeria cannot unite and move Arewa forward? We are backwarsd in every thing, name it education, roads, healthcare etc. However among the enemies of the Arewa advancement and unity are Solomon Lar, Dan Suleiman & co. These "leaders" of the north are always calling for its division by an unfortunate call for the formation of the "middle belt" out of the north. They have so far not succeeded. Solomon Lar has cornered Federal jobs for his family members. Very shameful indeed.

IBB to me stands out to be the better of the whole ex leaders of Nigeria from the north. He has done quite a number projects in the north for all to see, as follows:
a. First dualized road in the north from Abuja-Kaduna- Kano
b. National Eye Center in Kaduna (Africa's best)
c. Police Academy (Wudil) Kano
d. NNPC Depot Jos, Yola, Maiduguri, Minna.
These are some projects I can remember executed by IBB that are really monumental, no matter what we may think of him.

Samba

David hill you trash man, look you people gave africa the problem, just like your comments are always problem, why don't you post ur comment at Denmark.com or wherever you live, it's true you english bastards like to ruin things for people, and then say"it's your' responsiblity to do clean something up", the Arewa was fine, until you bastards came, and so was Africa and the rest of the world, being a political leader in Africa is not a peice of cake, Africa never will be like the west, Africa has it's own business, and agenda ,
oney is not everything and life is not promised, therefore praise Allah with consistancy. masalam

Samba

Dave Hill, see it is you european people who makes problem in any land you go to whether it be India, Asia Africa or the Americas, there is not a culture you people have not tried to ruin, if so then tell, you people like to help, but always does more harm to people, the world did not make all of this false boundry it is you people who plant the roots for problem, you people only cause destruction to others, culturally, and economically am I wrong?

Abut

Salam,
       i think we are missing the plot.While it is true that the europeans have a lion share of the blame for the pitiful condition the third world finds itself in,we should not expect them to help us out,and calling them names would not change a thing,the challenge for creating a better future lies squrely on our young shoulders.Please lets get ideas on how to move foward.

P.S
Development is not measured by the number of buildings or institutes built,it is Human development that counts.Education is the key here.

lionger

Samba,

What is Africa's agenda? What is its own business?

I think you are WAY off the mark. Such a defeatist attitude will never get you or Northern Nigeria a thing in this life. Please borrow a leaf from Abut.

As far as Northern Nigeria's despicable plight is concerned, the buck stops at its leaders, full stop. It has precious little to do with the West or even the rest of Nigeria. It is extremely lazy and even irresponsible for us to continue blaming others for all our problems. So, once upon a time the europeans made a mess in Nigeria, you want them to come back and clean up the mess they made? Abi u want the U.S. to liberate u like they just did for Iraq? Abeg...

I tell you, the Japanese would not have gotten anywhere if for the past half-century they just sat and moaned about the Hiroshima and Nagasaki bombings. I think Abut, Guduma and Mr. Hill have pointed us in the right direction. And speaking of mr. hill, please refrian from insulting others on this forum! >:(

Ibro2g

Abut Lionger and Mr.Dave, your statements are absolute facts, and I thank you.Careful Samba!
I think one way of clearing all these sentiments about europeans and all(which I have no shacles from today) is to move forward to the system of government that best suits us first. Designd for us. Democracy yes but not capitalism... it's not the best we are yet to see, niether was it designed for us, What suits us more is to design and define another government.

Secondly, we need to make movements and chase these governments into excuting progressive and helpful projects. These projects are not too inaffordable, and whats better is that they are returning income to the state. But unfortunately what we lack are not the ideas to make these happen, but the zeal. In order fot there be a correction, the whole uppercase has to be wiped out, i.e via a new democracy.(like I stated above)

Power could be generated from numerous dams for the north, and even solar(to a lower scale), gas turbines for the south(wid numerous gas) and wind energy for the west(with enermous coasts). This will super solve the problem of nepa. Money? we got it excess my friends, especially in resource.
Manpower is also readily available. Education could be achieved via education tax system, where all primary and secondary education is free..teachers getting good salaries and working conditions, plus equipments. Health, roads, everything name it. We can do it.
Like Mr Dave mentioned, our Agric could be utilised to feed the nation and beyond and even get a national revenue from it. People lets wake up please!

some one give me more!
Safety and Peace

Samba

Abut its' true education is important, but especially when there is something to look for after education.

abut, sorry man I got off subject your true,  It is education most needed in Arewa and Muslim in West Africa.

Lionger, Africa agenda is anything that suites Africa, be languadge, economy or anything that benefits or develops Africa at it's own speed, ka gani.

Africas business, Africa has it's own history much different from any other part of the world, so Africa has it's own business(matters) to deal whatever problems must be dealt with we must deal with, but Africa must imancipate ourselves without the whitman's help, or bumming on him, true independence is having your, culture, your land, everything grown from a grassroots level, and having the know how and power to make our own decisions. everything must start there.

As far as the leaders, we are the blame because we make them that way, nobody believes in Niaja because the whiteman just put it together. Remember Pakistan, it formed from Mulsim India, maybe we should do a similiar thing with Niger republic? Nigeria will not work, wirhout unity there is nothing so that is the first problem, north cannot work against south, two hands must work together.

Lionger Japan has a total different history than west Africa, they were bombed, but they already were successful and unified had a good economy. Niaja was put together by white people under different cercumstances. Britain and U.S are superpower if they invade anywhere, only a super president or super power can help the situation, because the whiteman planted these seed of destruction, all we can do is kill it and grow our own and be self reliant meaning separation it's the only cure?

Lionger, so it's my opinion you have yours and white people still corrode Africa indirectly you beleive what you want,
I am not a polititian so I must tell the TRUTH! Our mantality has been and will not be changing anytime soon, if I was a polititian, I would do the same thing as in behavior because It is what I am expected to do. So I wouldn't feel I can make a difference in the society, so why not get all I can from the whitman's put together to benefit myself and my people?

Samba

Lionger, :D

Ibro careful your self ! hey you are also true, good ideas, but they will be very difficult to put in action, You speak as if there is no south who or who will do all of these things. You are true Ibro, but what we need is a superhero or superLeader to correct these problems.

Let me stop here because I have lost interest 8)

Abut you made perfect sense in your post, and Guduma you are true also :D

lionger

Samba,

Let's talk Northern Nigeria. Oya!

Abut

EMANCIPATE UR SELVES FROM MENTAL SLAVERY NON BUT OURSELVES CAN FREE OUR MINDS,HAVE NO FEAR FOR ATOMIC ENERGY....COS NONE OF THEM CAN STOP THE TIDE...

samba....to educate a man is to equip him with all he needs to survive.The enabling environment dosent exist...but is up to us to do wat we got to do to survive.