News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

On The Couch

Started by *~MuDa~*, December 10, 2006, 09:38:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HUSNAA

There are some very very good African films made by other Africans (not Nigerians) and they are so good they win international film festival prizes. South Africa is a hot bed of good African films. Akwai wani wanda na so na kalla by a Senegalese, it won some award. I read bits about it, but then decided not to watch it as it was a toss between that or Troy and Happy feet. I chose Troy and Happy Feet.  Will insha Allah watch the film after azumi and get back to u guys about it.
Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

MySeLf

That's right husna, Kuma Nollywood and Ghanawood (I hate the names though) Don't know why
they named african film Industries after Hollywood and Bollywood, BIZZARE!.. Any way they are
really doing a good job too, I recently watched ACROSS NIGER and PRINCESS TYRA and was
Impress..
!!!........................I STAND 4 ISLAM..........................!!!

Dan-Borno

who knows were i can get KASIMU YARO & Co.?
"My mama always used to tell me: 'If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for" - Tupak

bakangizo

Try NTA Kano/Kaduna or CTV Kano. I once went to CTV and enquired if I could get a copy of that old comedy Jami'ar Jatau na Albarkawa (it was modelled after Mind Your Language) They asked me to come back as KTTV Katsina had borrowed their only copy. Somehow I never went back, but I will one day.

gogannaka

Quote from: Dan-Borno on September 10, 2008, 04:26:18 PM
who knows were i can get KASIMU YARO & Co.?

OLD TIMER...lol

I just watched rambo IV,kai yayi kyau fa.
All action it made me want to watch the previous ones.That is what i call an action movie.
Surely after suffering comes enjoyment

HUSNAA

Ka kwadai ta min kallan film din (rambo 4) GGNK  :D

gogannaka

Quote from: HUSNAA on September 12, 2008, 11:54:48 PM

Amma fa if you are not used to seeing people's head blown off by powerful guns, arrows piercing heads and all then its not your kind of movie.

I'm about watching death race now.

Myself dyu like aki and popo...or is that the name?

HUSNAA

Quote from: gogannaka on September 13, 2008, 04:59:58 PM
Quote from: HUSNAA on September 12, 2008, 11:54:48 PM

Amma fa if you are not used to seeing people's head blown off by powerful guns, arrows piercing heads and all then its not your kind of movie.

Lol did I give u that impression? I'm not squeamish. I watched Apocalypto remember? Very gruesome film.

Quote from: gogannaka on September 13, 2008, 04:59:58 PM
I'm about watching death race now.
whats that?

bakangizo

I'm watching Criminal Minds, about finishing the 3rd Season. I really like it. Can't wait for the fourth season to premier.

gogannaka

Quote from: Bakan~Gizo on September 14, 2008, 04:52:47 PM
I'm watching Criminal Minds, about finishing the 3rd Season. I really like it. Can't wait for the fourth season to premier.
Like minds  :P

Husnaa you've got to watch death race,gripping.Action also.

Muhsin

Nima dai I, some days ago, watched two very interesting films from whats called Christian Movie Collection. And the ones i did watch are: Mel Gibson's Passion of the Christ, which is about Christians' Jesus (not ours). He, in that film, did suffer really and eventually cruxified later.

The second one was (I'm out of words to describe it :-[) Davinci Code. What a film? Dan Brown, as I said at Lit. Forum, is a genuise. Its ineffable, marvelous, weird and mysterous. Kai wani abun sai ka kalla. I enjoyed it.
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

HUSNAA

Quote from: gogannaka on September 14, 2008, 06:10:29 PM
Quote from: Bakan~Gizo on September 14, 2008, 04:52:47 PM
Like minds  :P

Husnaa you've got to watch death race,gripping.Action also.
Is it a film?

Muhsin, about the Da vinci code, I am waiting to read the book before i watch the film for maximum entertainment. Na ji ance the film is not as good as the book. That is the verdict for those who read the book before watching the film. Amma if you watch the film before you read the book, you will enjoy the film immensely amma kuma the book will be spoilt for you tunda you know what is coming up next.

gogannaka

Quote from: HUSNAA on September 16, 2008, 05:01:26 PM

Is it a film?

Yes it is.

Quote from: HUSNAA on September 16, 2008, 05:01:26 PM
Muhsin, about the Da vinci code, I am waiting to read the book before i watch the film for maximum entertainment. Na ji ance the film is not as good as the book. That is the verdict for those who read the book before watching the film. Amma if you watch the film before you read the book, you will enjoy the film immensely amma kuma the book will be spoilt for you tunda you know what is coming up next.

Da vinci code is a masterpiece. You've got to read it.

amira

Hey you ppl dont laff at me am still on season2 prison break, i know i know even season 4 has come out.
i've ended up watchin season 3 which ma bro has been pesterin me to watch and so as u can guess
i've been skipping episodes.
*Each day is definately defining me and finding me*

Muhsin

Quote from: HUSNAA on September 16, 2008, 05:01:26 PMMuhsin, about the Da vinci code, I am waiting to read the book before i watch the film for maximum entertainment. Na ji ance the film is not as good as the book. That is the verdict for those who read the book before watching the film. Amma if you watch the film before you read the book, you will enjoy the film immensely amma kuma the book will be spoilt for you tunda you know what is coming up next.

You definitely will enjoy it more that way, Husnaa. I too read the book before watching the book. But I particulraly found it (the film) as an explanation of what I have had just read. E.g, seeing the real picture of the Holy Grail, Jesus picture at last lunch with Mary Magdalene, the Priory, poor albino Silas and host of other things. Ta taka, GGNK, what a masterpiece!
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.