News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

The new iphone by Apple

Started by alkanawi, January 11, 2007, 05:03:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alkanawi

Do you remember a world without useless gadgets? A world where otherwise sane people did not queue for seven days to buy a PlayStation 3 or a Nintendo Wii? A world where, just as they had bought the latest useless gadget, its price wasn't slashed or a newer, better version wasn't brought out? A world where, like sheep, we didn't then go and buy the better version, too?

How will history judge us? The Mesopotamians invented the wheel, the people of the 15th century got the printing press, the late 19th century saw the creation of the automobile and the good folks of the 20th century invented the internet.

And us? I imagine that we will probably go down as the generation that invented useless rubbish that we didn't really need and couldn't really afford, but went out and bought in droves anyway.

"corgito ergo sum"

kitkat

where can i get it?? I dont know what it does but i gotta have one!!!

alkanawi

Lol
sorry to disappoint you Kitkat,but its not gonna be out till mid year(from June) and only in the US for then.
"corgito ergo sum"

Fateez

Speaking of Wii, I just remembered an article i read a while ago about this

dude losing 9 pounds in 6 weeks just from playing 30 minutes of Wii sports

everyday. Who needs da gym?? and now that they r designing Wii workouts

and stuff like that i wonder whats going to happen to the great outdoors?

Poor kids of da future...

If u look at it from one point then yes maybe all these "useless gadgets" have

some benefits which is usually based on convenience in other words LAZINESS!!!

It's so obvious that Wikipedia is throwing brittanica and encarta out of business.

Gone are da days when we went to libraries to find scientific papers, journal articles

and publications for our projects, now all you've got to do is get a membership at an

online database, ovid or factiva. Its really sad. I can imagine kids in da future saying

"can you believe they actually used to write on paper? That is so freaky!!!"

Imagine working for Spacely's Sprockets or Cogswell Cogs, living in Skypad Apartments

and children attending Orbit high School...Da life of da Jetsons! I dunno about other people,

but i'd rather be living in Bedrock.

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect."    ~ Mark Twain

alkanawi

Quote from: Fateez on February 26, 2007, 03:45:58 AM

Gone are da days when we went to libraries to find scientific papers, journal articles

and publications for our projects, now all you've got to do is get a membership at an

online database, ovid or factiva. Its really sad. I can imagine kids in da future saying

"can you believe they actually used to write on paper? That is so freaky!!!"

For where? naija? let me refresh us a wee bit.According to latest World Bank report,at the ratewe are going,it would take us over 1000 years,yes that is a thousand years, to connect all the schools in Nigeria to the internet.
so it is to the good old dictation,handout(or we meet again >:( >:(),photo copying,Giraffe method etc for assignments.At least till the third millenium
or u vote for Buhari & Shekarau ;D ;D
"corgito ergo sum"

gogannaka

LOL. Alkanawi tsufa babu dadi ko?
One day someone was playing a PS2 game called sonic.
I tell you,i didn't understand a thing.Neither the mission nor the route
all i could recognise was the extreme fastness of the main characters.
It truly suits its name sonic.Too fast.
Abeg give me the old super mario or contra.
I could also do with tetris or solitaire,all these new ones are not for
old people like....... ;D
Surely after suffering comes enjoyment

Fateez

Hehe, Sonic the Hedgehog ko? Yeah its really fast but Sonic is not a new

game. It has been around for ages. But  think it was on Sega not Nintendo.

*sigh* Those were da days. Oh! guess what? I played contra a few months

ago! Yes the old fashioned Contra with the guys; one in blue and the other

in red. It felt good to relieve the old obsession. What was your favorite contra

gun? Dyu remember the one with "S" on it?

Did anyone here play ATARI???

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect."    ~ Mark Twain

gogannaka

Quote from: Fateez on May 20, 2007, 11:18:35 AM

Hehe, Sonic the Hedgehog ko? Yeah its really fast but Sonic is not a new

game. It has been around for ages. But  think it was on Sega not Nintendo.

*sigh* Those were da days. Oh! guess what? I played contra a few months

ago! Yes the old fashioned Contra with the guys; one in blue and the other

in red. It felt good to relieve the old obsession. What was your favorite contra

gun? Dyu remember the one with "S" on it?

Did anyone here play ATARI???

LOL Atari.I remembered one of my cousin's atari.We used to use a fork to switch it on.
I used to hate that gun in contra that used to comot fire,we called it dragon.I prefer the traditional gun.

Is it true that akwai ipod tv?

Hafsy_Lady

As for the new iphone. Its a useless phone!! Once its broken it hard to fix. Ni nawa har ya lalace. When it starts freezin just say bye bye to it, its the signal stage of oncoming problems. Hiss! Ni ko kyauta aka sake bani ba na so.........ni dama kudin aka bani na saya takalmi ko dan wani clutch bag nayi, nayi ta kwamachala na dasu. >:(

And the iphone is too man-ly for women!!!! Though everyone has different taste. I like my phones small and cute. Am not sprung over that iphone anymore! >:(
What you see is what you get[/b]

Hafsy_Lady

Quote from: gogannaka on June 01, 2007, 09:20:34 PM
Is it true that akwai ipod tv?

Well not sure if I would call it an ipod TV :-\ but what I am 100% sure is that JVC manufacturers have introduced into the market LCD TV's that have inbuilt ipod docks and it looks exactly like this. Mhm, bari su shigo kasuwa sosai idan money value dinsu yayi kasa sosai might scoop one for myself.

A friend of mine was complaining that gadgets and electronics are being pushed into market and after few months new ones will come along. For instance she had a PS for her soon, then it was improved to PS2 then PS3. And we were actually talking about these plasmas with ipod. She said something that set me off laughing. She looked at her plasma and said, to wai Hafsy yanzu idan mutum yana son this latest one, ai aiki ya ganmu, bambaro wannan daga bango ;D
What you see is what you get[/b]

gogannaka

Nice screen. Hafsy zan kawo gudummawa idan za'a miki kayan daki.

Ipods,mp3/4 players as well as the reolution in the mobile phone industry has killed the walkman/discman market. Before before baka cika gaye ba idan baka da walkman ko discman. I doubt if a 5 year old will know what a walkman is.

Between the Iphone and the Android which one do you prefer?