News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

HELP ME TRANSLATE

Started by MySeLf, January 16, 2007, 06:21:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MySeLf

Please what is the hausa translation for
Oxygen
Atmosphere and
computer

Thanks!
!!!........................I STAND 4 ISLAM..........................!!!

Dan-Borno

"My mama always used to tell me: 'If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for" - Tupak

MySeLf

Kai Dan Barno, Menene kuma dumbula?
Kuma kaida hausar ta isa, why did you not translate it?

Dan-Borno

Ok, my Senior, let me try

Oxygen - Iska
Atmosphere - Sararin samaniya
Computer - Inji mai kwakwalwa

Please score me?
"My mama always used to tell me: 'If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for" - Tupak

MySeLf

Thanks Dan barno!......... But i don't think Oxygen mean Iska...... Iska is Air  and Sararin samaniya is sky not atmosphere, but i think you are right with computer translation.

Dan-Borno

I am lucky my second wife is coming from Kano, I will learn more when she comes, but before she comes please go ahead MYSELF and translate the rest.

MySeLf

lol Dan borno
Ashe kaima hausar bata ishekaba......lol
kazama dambula? kenan kaima ko?

Wallahi i don't know the translation either that is why am asking.

ANYONE OUT THERE WITH AN ANSWER!

Dan-Borno

Quote from: Myself on January 17, 2007, 10:43:09 PM
lol Dan borno
kazama dambula? kenan kaima ko?

:D Myself kenan, do you know the meaning of dambula, you remind me of my late grandmother, she usually used that expression whenever we disturb her.

Myself, you better get somebody to translate those things before I go to sleep tonight.

MySeLf

I really don't Dan barno, but now i think i got wat it mean.............. Shine kamar in yaro yayi laifi akan cemasa KACI DUMBULAR GIDANKU? ??? Hhm!!!

Actually i think that word DAMBULA has no meaning, ko?

sdanyaro

I think the word DAMBULA or DAMBULLA most probably came from Kanuri , bare-bari, Bornu and as Myself (what a User name!) said it has to almost always to do with a very serious "Zagi". It is also often found in people's name around that area as in Kacella Dambulla...

This is just my opinion.

By the way, do you know that the people of Kazaure were originally Kanuri?

Dan-Borno

I dont even know how the explain that word, it is a part of a hand and only appear when you fold your hands ready for boxing! i dont know the name in English or any other language.

But certainly it is not a serious zagi as Sdanyanro asserts, it is a very mild one. 

As for the people of Kazaure, i have heard of it once, but uptill now i havent laid my hand on any material, i would have love if you could furnish me with one, because there is a work going in in collaboration with our people (Kanuri) at Lafian Barebari.

So lets get back to business

Atmosphere?
Oxygen?

MySeLf

Quote from: sdanyaro on January 19, 2007, 08:02:21 AM

Myself (what a User name!)

:)

MySeLf

Dan barno it look like nobody want to translate those words.....Hhm!  :-\

gogannaka

Surely after suffering comes enjoyment

HUSNAA

We are all in the same boat.. (lol I can translate that!..duk jirgi daya ya kwaso mu!!) Wa'yan su kalmomin turancin, kurum sai dai a ajiye su gefe guda, don suma asalin su ba turancin bane tsantsa, latin ne ko girka ko makaman cinsu.
Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum