News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

The Philosophy Behind Your Screen/usernames

Started by Muhsin, August 25, 2007, 10:41:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muhsin

Possibly, a topic with this thread's subject might have been posted in this Forum before. Sorry, I couldn't reach any. That's why I decide to do it, ok?
And here the question goes....

Some names are known to almost all because are Hausas, yet the actual reason or philosophy why it's selected is not and cannot be just known without further expiations. While some again aren't at all known but look or sound weird and maybe meaningless. Nevertheless, I perfectly well know that whatsoever username you choose, you must have meaning and justification for it. Hence, what is it?

And I think I have to begin with mine; Muhsin is simply a name, an Arabic one, which has its origin from Nana Fatima and Sayyidina Alis' son that died a short while after his birth- Allah's Apostle's grandson-. It means, in English, Doer of Good. What about yours?

Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

Bayya

Mine is a very long story, and many people think it has to do
with Indian movies. Well, it has nothing to do with movies. 
Tsamin bakin yaro ne. Hard to believe, right?
So, let me just say -
It simply means brother. 
Some dreams do come true

HUSNAA

I think Husnaa and Muhsin have the same arabic roots ko? Together with Ihsan and Hassanat. Anyway Husnaa comes from Asmaullahul husnaa 'the most beautiful names of Allah'.
Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

Mufi

Mufi is a short version of Mufidah, which is also an arabic name meaning beneficial and helpful/useful.
Life is like a flower; more exquisite and precious when shared with others.

amira

Amira is also another arabic name meaning princess or noble lady.
*Each day is definately defining me and finding me*

Dan-Borno

Before I go further, I think you guys should not
deviate from the main theme of this thread, even
Muhsin, the originator of the thread has missed the
point slightly.

we are not to say the meaning ONLY but also the
JUSTIFICATION or PHILOSOPHY for it as Muhsin rightly wrote:

Quote from: Muhsin on August 25, 2007, 10:41:12 AM
whatsoever username you choose, you must have meaning and justification for it. Hence, what is it?

Muhsin told us the meaning but did not go further to
inform us of the main philosophy behind his username
Quote from: Muhsin on August 25, 2007, 10:41:12 AM
It means, in English, Doer of Good. What about yours?

Same with Bayya
Quote from: Bayya on August 25, 2007, 02:35:10 PM
So, let me just say - It simply means brother. 

Quote from: HUSNAA on August 25, 2007, 05:52:00 PM
'the most beautiful names of Allah'.

Quote from: mufi on August 25, 2007, 06:15:33 PM
Mufi is a short version of Mufidah, which is also an arabic name meaning beneficial and helpful/useful.

Quote from: amira on August 25, 2007, 07:26:03 PM
Amira is also another arabic name meaning princess or noble lady.

Back to the thread:

Meaning of Dan-Borno its not a name but a nickname,
and it means someone who came from Borno State, and in most cases
it is referred to the Kanuri Tribe (Bare-Bare).

Philosophy behind the name:

1.   Hausa/fulani is another name for kanoonline.com, considering
      the long standing relationship between hausa/fulani and
      Kanuri, i felt i should make announcement of my appearance
      as Dan-Borno, so that the fulani's in this forum will vividly
      know that their Master is amongst them.  ;D

2.   Kanoonline is a community of nothern alliance, discussing
      issues of common interest, and i felt Borno should also be
      represented adequately.   Forumites will notice that from
      my request to the Admin for putting up a new board for
      Borno-Yobe-Adamawa.
"My mama always used to tell me: 'If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for" - Tupak

Bayya

To,
kana dai nufin Muhsin ne ya kwabsa ke nan.
Don ai shi ya fara.
Quoteso that the fulani's in this forum will vividly
know that their Master is amongst them. 

Masters ai basa magana.
Some dreams do come true

Muhsin

@ DB

Dan-Barno, you are right, very correct. Thats my meaning but I myself started by making blunder.

Though, I felt philosohpy behind my username is something very obvious, straight and easy to understand.

1- It says, in English, a doer of good. I'm always doing my best to be good at all times. And so I expect people to be to me. Hence, wherever I go, I tell people very proudly that I'm Muhsin.

2- Muhsin is my name given to me by father. I like it very much, more than any other name in the world. That again makes me to whoever I meet, wherever I go, Whatever I am doing, whoever ask me of my name to tell him is Muhsin. I have even being saying that it'll insha Allah be my first son's name in the future.

Dan-Barno, am quite afraid if my justification is well said and could be fully understood. I always, I don't know why, feel my English has inconsistences, hence sounds enigmatic  that it couldn't be well grasped

@ Bayya

Yeah I had done blunder, but you too had commited a gigentic one because you haven't yet re-do (correct) it. ::)

Cut it off and bring up yours or else...kwafshin naka will be reported to Admin. :-X :)

Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

Bayya

What other explanation do you want?

I believe the word brother has said it all.
Your brother can help u, protect u, guide u, advise u,
scold u, etc. and that is what I hope I am to u all.
To kuma wane philosophy kake nema?
Koko dai neman sai an kai ni gaba?
Some dreams do come true

Muhsin

Quote from: Bayya on August 28, 2007, 06:06:48 PM

What other explanation do you want?

I believe the word brother has said it all.
Your brother can help u, protect u, guide u, advise u,
scold u, etc. and that is what I hope I am to u all.
To kuma wane philosophy kake nema?
Koko dai neman sai an kai ni gaba?

Well, well, Bayya, you have atleast tried; ba yabo....isn't it Dan-Barno?

Where are you other members? Waiting to hear from you.

*~MuDa~*

You guys have been having fun, Muhsin...hum what a revealing topic!

Once Husnaa asked me the same question when we knewly met, i kinda consciously disposed it cause ina jin kunya....yes i got fulani blood in me. But i dont want to be a coward anymore, so i'm gonna tell you what the meaning and phylosophy behind my online name is.

Mudacris is a combination of two names, Muda (short for Mahmmood mi name) and Cris ...well the story is that i'm a huge fan of Ludacris and since at home my parents, most of my friends and most of my collegues call me Muda, i thought of putting the two names together for my email address and before you know it, everybody calls me dat on a friendly level except my dad, but i tell u it was just a normal secondary school crazy boys attitude, i call it crazy because i kinda regret ever choosing the cris in my name. Some pple out of the need to make angry emphasize more on the cris than the Muda, which of course makes me angry and i feel like insulting them, i have wearned majority of them, i dont know how to stop them, cause the name has kinda stays. what do u guys advice i do?
...He begot not, nor is He begotten!
www.articlesdir.co.cc

HUSNAA

Muda u going back to yr bad english in a new way? Please dont! This  new one is rEAL BAAAAAAAd. The other way was much fun. At least we all knew it was goofing. This one isnt. It could end up becoming a real habit.
Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

jewel(abdulgee22)

when the going gets tough, the tough gets going.......................................................

Well that was nice that most fiful are tellin us about their names. But do u people realise that most of us from the northern part of the country and muslims, have names from Arab background........................u never hear names like Barau, Gigau, korau, Nomau, Danladi, Delu, Asabe...etc.......no more. Even nowadays u keep hearin names that are that arab, but hey men even within the arab world u dnt hear them that well.
Anyways my name is
                      Jewel (which means a piece of gold.................but the British used it for "Sharifs" in d arab world becuase they had no proper name for it................which i dnt think they do up to now.)
                          abdulgee (Abdullahi..........Garba [gee........dr gee. G montana, Gman, Garus...........men i get alot with this one])
                          22           (was the date i was born ).
for those that sleep their dreams is a reality, wake up is just an illussion."

jewel of d nile.

Muhsin

Hey you guys are doing great! Keep it up coming.

I appreciate your philosohpy and justifications Muda and Jewel.

@ Muda, I think this nickname should be changed. It makes me feel scary; how can one make a blend with the most nice name ever existed--Muhammad, with cris. Though it's not Christ but it, in some ways sound just like it. Regardlessly, the name still is not of some body of importance or reputation religiously, hence, I still recomend you to, if you can because I realise as you can no lnger do anything, to change it or stop feeling that it belongs to you, ok?

Will be later back, insha Allah. Yours Jewel need re-reading.

*~MuDa~*

@ Husnaa, Hell No, there is no way i will get use to writing like this, "Allahu Hodimi", normally i kanoonline when am in the office, so i have other things doing simultaneously, that is why i write that "bad", but then i think it still doesnt matter cause its literature and there is freedom of law and u guys understand me at least, anyway thanks for the remark, i will be more careful henceforth. But i rather u say something about my nickname, i have been expecting it.

Thanx for the advices Muhsin, like i said before, i dont know how to stop it, i have tried warnin people from calling me that anymore, may be i shud start by changing my kanoonline nickname but how do i change my email? its really old!!! ???
...He begot not, nor is He begotten!
www.articlesdir.co.cc