News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

Must Read Novels, pls!

Started by GoodFella, December 24, 2007, 05:41:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoodFella

Hi there,

Just joined this forum very recent. Its very nice to be, a parly. Would you pls help me by saying which novel is your favourite and what novel would you recomend me to read. I read by what I can call accident only.

Beginning today, treat everyone you meet as if he or she were going to be dead by midnight. Extend to them all the care, kindness, and understanding you can muster, and do so with no thought of any reward. Your life will never be the same again.
— Og Mandino (Motivational Author & Speaker)

Muhsin

Quote from: GoodFella on December 24, 2007, 05:41:32 PM
Hi there,

Just joined this forum very recent. Its very nice to be, a parly. Would you pls help me by saying which novel is your favourite and what novel would you recomend me to read. I read by what I can call accident only.

Wish you'll kindly elaborate your thread when you get back Goodfella, so we can help...huh?

Thanks
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

gogannaka

I'd recommend you read Robert Ludlum's Bourne Identity..Makes a great read.

Also read all the Harry Potter series.
Surely after suffering comes enjoyment

GoodFella

Quote from: gogannaka on December 28, 2007, 05:55:42 AM
I'd recommend you read Robert Ludlum's Bourne Identity..Makes a great read.

Also read all the Harry Potter series.

Yup! You have got it Gogannaka but the chief Moderator (Muhsin) missed it slightly. Thanks.

Well...a bit elaboration; I many times only get access to books through my brother when he buys, then I take and read. But I barely go to bookshop to buy it. Thats what I, in short, mean by 'accident'.

And to you all; whenever you read any book from now henceforth that you feel is worth recomended, pls tell me or us here. Please do it!

And thanks to you all. I love you!
Beginning today, treat everyone you meet as if he or she were going to be dead by midnight. Extend to them all the care, kindness, and understanding you can muster, and do so with no thought of any reward. Your life will never be the same again.

Muhsin

GoodFella,

Let me put your question in simple term as; any good book that you might not have heard of it and you like to and read it? Think you mean something like this. Okay, we'll keep informing/updating you about that whenever I read one. Now go read those given by Goga and start. Very nice ones they are though I have never still read any of Harry Poter's series books. Wish to have one borrowed from our library as soon as we resume Feb.

Thanks for the approach.
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

GoodFella

Thanks to you Muhsin and Gogannaka. Keep it up! And I'll look for these as the beginning.

Muhsin

Quote from: GoodFella on January 07, 2008, 10:03:19 AM
Thanks to you Muhsin and Gogannaka. Keep it up! And I'll look for these as the beginning.

OK, Goodfella. Wish the best of luck.

ummutameem

goodfella welcome, id recommend u read john grisham's doomsday conspiracy(i really enjoyed it) and a true life story titled a million thousand pieces by james frey, its an account of the struggles of a drug addict in a rehab facility, very inspiring, though there were accusations of embellishment but its very interesting. happy reading!

Ibro2g

Dont read many but, I recommend Jeffery Archer's First Among Equals....Its amazing
Safety and Peace

GoodFella

Thumb up! You guys are real bookworms! Wish I'd get these books or atleast few. Many thanks.

Muhsin

Quote from: Ibro2g on January 13, 2008, 10:15:30 PM
Dont read many but, I recommend Jeffery Archer's First Among Equals....Its amazing

Just want to welcome you to our sub-forum, Ibro2g.

Ibro2g

Thanks man and Congratulations Muhsin, it is very honourable being the moderator.

There is another book I read, its like the Asian Harry Potter but its probably a better story. It comes in four wonderful books. Its called Tales of the Otori, by Lian Hearn. Its absolutely amazing u guys should check it out.

The fun thing about reading books and shearing them is that you let others feel the same feeling as u did when u read it. I think its very generous to the souls...
Safety and Peace

Konan

my favourite novel ever is of mice and men by john steinbeck which is a must read also along came a spider by james aptterson and recently i've read return of teh pharoah: memoirs in nasir's prison by zainab al ghazali very sad

ive read so many books oh and if u lyk vampire books moonlight by stephanie meyers is gud

Muhsin

You people are really keeping this sub-forum a better place.

To Ibro2g and ladymerciful,

Many of the books you are recomending aren't available here in Africa, I think. Only one among the books you have written I heared of, not even read, thats James Patterson's Spider. Oh...that also of Zainab Al-Ghazzali could be available but I haven't read it.

Is there any Harry Potter refer to as Asian? Tell me more about it.

Thanks and keep them coming.

Ibro2g

Thanks man. Honestly I do not know of thier availability cuz I barely buy them. But I know friends who read really nice books.
Tales of the Otori will certainly fascinate u, the newyork times said it is an Asian(japanese) form of Harry Potter and even better than Harry Potter in the book review. But take a look at this first
http://www.theotori.com/BookGeneral/author.asp

http://www.theotori.com/BookFour/reviews.asp

Tales of the Otori, across the Nightingale floor (my review)
The story is about one boy who grew up with his mother, step father and step sisters in another tribe never really knowing his father who is dead. The tribe he lived with where soon annihilated by a war lord who hated thier beliefs that defy him. He was the sole survivor, thanks to his skills and a Noble man, Otori Shigeru. Soon his skills became priceless as only him can walk across the nightingale floor for salvation and revenge and more. His complicated identity becomes a national intrique. And the path led him to love a woman of intense beauty, and any man who so desires her, suffers an unusual death.
Safety and Peace