News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

If I had My Way...

Started by *~MuDa~*, January 12, 2008, 03:55:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kitkat

I believe youre right Husnaa, ai tashin hankalin kenan.
Its becoming a jungle out there sai dai Allah ya Kawo sauki kuma ya ganar da iyayyen da yayan gaba daya

gogannaka

If i had my way i will build a new city out of Kano.
I will relocate the govt house, gov's office and secreteriat to the new city.
There will be no okada men and no 'kiya kiya' buses, only brand new 18 seater buses and above will be allowed.
Alla plots will be standard sizes, babu awon igiya. Anybody building a house MUST plant trees.
The roads will be 4 lane carriage ways.

Tsohon garin sai na bar wa sarki da jama'ar sa  ::)
Surely after suffering comes enjoyment

HUSNAA

Quote from: gogannaka on March 10, 2008, 08:46:18 AM
There will be no okada men and no 'kiya kiya' buses, only brand new 18 seater buses and above will be allowed.
Alla plots will be standard sizes, babu awon igiya. Anybody building a house MUST plant trees.

GGNK that is not an impossible dream, and we pray to God that He Puts you in the position and Gives you access to the resources to be able to do such a thing.  :) Cigaba is a good thing ai. I think what needs to be done immediately is stop emissions fromthose acaba exahaust pipes. That woul go a long way to doing something about the quality of air ppl breathe in.
Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

Ibro2g

Everytime I get to kano, within the first hour my head aches badly. Whether I'm staying for a couple of days or a week, it doesnt really matter cuz my head continues that aching. There isn't a single suiting breeze in the city to be proud of. I think the Gov needs to seriously look into this air and noise pollution in Kano as a first class problem. The dangers are very very high, pretty soon the city will become inhabitable. I love the city of Kano, but for me, it is inhabitable already.

So on the game. If I had my way, I will build green belts across Kano, Katsina, Sokoto and all those states threatened by desertification(for a start). Hek if I had my way, I will bring back the great Saharan Sea which used to exist where is now the sahara desert.

Safety and peace
Safety and Peace

Muhsin

Nice choise and thought, Ibro2g. I too always think of that whenever I am riding my bike, more expecially when I get to areas like Nassarawa, Sabon-gari, Kwari and other always-congested places. Sincerely speaking, govt need to do something very urgent because the whole garin is getting inhabitable, as already mentioned Ibro2g.

Any way, one thing that I'll like to correct you by saying is that that Kano is already inhabitable, gaskiya its habitable. Though you said to you but still I think not and feel like that is a bit exageration...LOL. Am depending my living place, huh? ;D ;D
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

Dan-Borno

if i had my way.......

I will replace english with hausa as an official
language.
"My mama always used to tell me: 'If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for" - Tupak

bakangizo

What do you guys mean by Kano is inhabitable? In what sense? Kano is fine. Noisy, yes. But so is any commercially viable, cosmopolitan town. Try Lagos, Aba, Onitsha, Ibadan etc? Even Abuja, where the might of the Fed. Govt is used for Urban planning/development is becoming same. Abi u want make Kano govt relocate ppl? Though I believe the govt should put in place modalities to ease traffic congestion.

Muhsin

Quote from: Dan-Borno on March 10, 2008, 11:57:52 AM
if i had my way.......

I will replace english with hausa as an official
language.

In the north amma kawai ko? Because I don't know how you could be communicating with non-hausas if thats done, DB.
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

Dan-Borno

muhsin, how do the hausas communicate with their
neighbours from the south?
"My mama always used to tell me: 'If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for" - Tupak

*~MuDa~*

Quote from: HUSNAA on March 08, 2008, 11:17:41 AM
Quote from: *~MuDa~* on March 06, 2008, 09:34:12 AM
Well said kitkat, this can as well be termed as the facts of life, but the thing is that, it is not yet prominent, that is why marriage is mostly neglected nowadays and you get to find out that majority of girls and women are swiming in the pool of celibacy. Do you really think hausa man like for example in Kano will consent to such cheap wedding? I seriously doubt, i know there might be exceptions but gaskiya da kyar....lol.
swimming in the pool of celibacy?? Muda  abi na five yr old u dey? swimming in celibacy???? celibacy????

They are swimming in the pool of PROMISCUITY!!!
Not celibacy!! Or are u trying to be delicate about it and not hurt some sensibilities ne???

Lol...ni de ban ce ba..no bi my mouth talk am O!

Quote from: HUSNAA on March 10, 2008, 09:26:23 AM
Quote from: gogannaka on March 10, 2008, 08:46:18 AM

GGNK that is not an impossible dream, and we pray to God that He Puts you in the position and Gives you access to the resources to be able to do such a thing.  :) Cigaba is a good thing ai. I think what needs to be done immediately is stop emissions fromthose acaba exahaust pipes. That woul go a long way to doing something about the quality of air ppl breathe in.

Well i have always thought about this, i have always regreted how come a state like Kano came to be building without any fundamental plan, but then i realised... the government. Anyway if i will have my way i will do just the same amma mine will be to start over again and make a decent geographical plan and good landscape for the commercial state like kano.
...He begot not, nor is He begotten!
www.articlesdir.co.cc

HUSNAA

Quote from: *~MuDa~* on March 10, 2008, 05:31:01 PM
Lol...ni de ban ce ba..no bi my mouth talk am O!

Eh but na true talk I dey talk oooo. Any one wey no dey  find demsef in dat situation  no go take issue with me as e no cocine namm ko ba haka ba?

Quote from: *~MuDa~* on March 10, 2008, 05:31:01 PM
Well i have always thought about this, i have always regreted how come a state like Kano came to be building without any fundamental plan, but then i realised... the government. Anyway if i will have my way i will do just the same amma mine will be to start over again and make a decent geographical plan and good landscape for the commercial state like kano.
Kai Muda ba haka bane fa!! Kano state's has had a master plan since the time of Marigayi Audu Bako, Allah Ya Gafarta masa. It was called the Trevallion Plan  ( i think). No other govt has made a new one, but most of the ones da suke kishin Kano tried to implement some aspects of it during their regimes. I think the most notable amongst the governors after the most revered Audu Bako, must be Abubakar Rimi. I thnk it was under his incumbency that sabon titi was constructed which ran from Aminu Kano road through Gwale and joined the central mosque to that once outer part of Kano state. We used to think that it was a brilliant thing to have done, until we were informed in class that it was all in the Trevallion Plan and its execution was forestalled because Audu Bako was replaced by the useless colonel sani bello or was it shekari? Audu Bako was the most visionary governor Kano has ever had, and whatever good you see in Kano was because of him.
The problem with the later governors (Rimi excluded) was that they were selfish and only out to make trade land in Kano. The blue print for Kasuwar Sabon gari was actually much better than what was eventually built. When it was built, there was at least a huge carpark that can park about 1000 cars or more. But what happened later? even the carpark was apportioned into corner shops and sold or rented out. Now there is no where for anyone to park except outside and therefore the two lane road has become so congested since most of it has been taken over as parking space.  When New site was going to be built, gidajen nan na kabuga housing estate were non existent and all that area was farmland. The ideal thing would have been for the authorities to annex the surrounding lands and just extend BUK so that no one had to travel 5 km to the new site. But to my own belief, the thought of all that compensation money to be paid out to displaced farmers was too tempting to pass up. What I am saying here is that most of what should have been paid to farmers for being displaced from their lands ended up somewhere else. Maybe if the land next to the old site had been acquired by BUK then, no compensation would have been paid.. I dont know. This is just conjectyure on my part, cos I have always wondered at the logic behind locating the new campus so far away from the old one when there was no need to at the time. What is more is that if BUK had done that, then they would have been sitting on some very prime real estate now.
By far the worst time that kano had was under the regimes of Ibrahim Gaya and Kwankwaso. Ibrahim Gaya introduced Acaba on a massive scale to Kano state and hence immeasurably contributed to the horrendous level of pollution being experienced now. Kwankwaso shi kuma carved out all the GRA lands and parceled them into smaller pieces which were sold to his cohorts. The problem with this was that all those wonderful residential areas that were low density became relatively midddle level density residential areas. Thirdly, the trees that were growing in many of the carved out lands had to be cut to make way for massive ugly private residences thus lessening the aesthetic effects that they'd always given to the GRA.  He also gave vent to the  mass hysteria of corner shops. Kuma one of the cardinal sins committed to architecture in Kano state, though not the fault of Kwankwaso or Gaya, was that those very classically beautiful colonial houses that used to be everywhere on Lodge Road were torn down and replaced by nonedescript poor quality houses. I just pray to God that there are some of them left, kuma Allah Ya bani kudin sayen daya daga cikin su. Those houses were really built to last.

waduz

Husna, amma are those colonial houses so still good looking and habitable?

HUSNAA

Quote from: waduz on March 11, 2008, 11:18:22 AM
Husna, amma are those colonial houses so still good looking and habitable?
kaji ka kai kuma!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ! Ba kasa a diba a gina su ba? if they are not habitable cant they be restored? should they be pulled down? kasan da barute ya gina su, ya gina su ne for HIMSELF so he took extra care to make them comfortable and used all his existing technology like what we also have.. that is natural ventilation, high ceilings, spacious big rooms everywhere.. utility rooms (how many of our ppl include utility rooms in the design of their  private residences? flagstone terraces and porches... haba.. Real stone buildings that dont crack easily.. If u want evidence, just compare the old structural buildings din universities like ABU and BUK and what was later built u will know what I mean. Bayan haka kuma those houses had character all of their own. Kana ganinsu u could tell from which era they came from. Just look at the British Council Building mana... its made in a Hausa Traditional style which is one of the styles that I have always admired, it could be said to be a mixture of traditional Hausa and colonial architecture. Look at how good the building is. Did u know that the blackened walls of the BC was a result of making the walls using  Tamarind fruit in the 'concrete' mixture. Tamarind has some properties that make the walls water proof or something like that (I am not an architect so I cant say much about it only that it makes the structure longer lasting and more qualitative). When I was  young (8  or 9 yrs old), I remember one of my step moms was friends with the wife of the secretary to the state governor and they lived in one of those hausa styled colonial houses (like the British Council) and we used to go for visits and ever since I have admired those types of houses. They were so modern inside while preserving the atmosphere of a typical Hausa architecture (see bayya's avatar and u will see what I mean).

IBB

Good observation Husnaa

If i had my way to become the police chief, I will gurantee security that no house no shop no warehouse no building will require a buglary-proof
IHS

bakangizo

IIHMW, I would grant all K-Liners' wishes.