News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

If I had My Way...

Started by *~MuDa~*, January 12, 2008, 03:55:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

*~MuDa~*

Quote from: gogannaka on March 27, 2008, 11:27:05 AM
Toh Muda sai kayi kwatancen gidan ka yadda duk wanda ya zo wucewa ta hanyar zaria zai tsaya ku gaisa.

LOl...to you can help me ai...since you know where i sleep ko bahaka?
...He begot not, nor is He begotten!
www.articlesdir.co.cc

gogannaka

Quote from: *~MuDa~* on March 27, 2008, 12:18:33 PM
Quote from: gogannaka on March 27, 2008, 11:27:05 AM
Toh Muda sai kayi kwatancen gidan ka yadda duk wanda ya zo wucewa ta hanyar zaria zai tsaya ku gaisa.

LOl...to you can help me ai...since you know where i sleep ko bahaka?

LOL...then with your permission i'll PM every member your address.

If i had my way i'll scrap the policy of employing only first class,2.1 and 2.2 degree holders in workplaces.
Ragowar su yi me?
Surely after suffering comes enjoyment

bakangizo

QuoteIf i had my way i'll scrap the policy of employing only first class,2.1 and 2.2 degree holders in workplaces.
Ragowar su yi me?

Ragowar su koma makaranta su kara karatu. Honestly why should someone come out with a 3rd Class or pass degree after spending 5-6 years in the uni?. A gaskiya that person is not employable.

Muhsin

To me thats too hard. And not because am among them, wallahi. But there are people who, no matter how hard they will be lectured (or taught) and read, they'll not perform (very) well. Thats to say, simply, learning capabilities varies, grossly. Psychologists say there are fast, moderate and slow leaners. And I add there are dull who barely understand a thing they are taught. How could you do with such people...??? Let them go almost astray on the streets, their manageable qualification same as 'takardar tsire'?
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

gogannaka

Quote from: Bakan~Gizo on April 07, 2008, 10:37:40 AM
QuoteIf i had my way i'll scrap the policy of employing only first class,2.1 and 2.2 degree holders in workplaces.
Ragowar su yi me?

Ragowar su koma makaranta su kara karatu. Honestly why should someone come out with a 3rd Class or pass degree after spending 5-6 years in the uni?. A gaskiya that person is not employable.

BKGZ kenan.
Kasan destiny?

Dan-Borno

Honestly why should someone come out with a 3rd Class or pass degree after spending 5-6 years in the uni?. A gaskiya that person is not employable.

Haza firaku baini wa bainak
Haba Bakangizo, mu masu Third Class ba zamu ci abinci ba kenan,
kuma in the first place why did the university make the third class
category?

Bari na baka labari, recently an aptitude test was called somewhere in
Abuja  for 1st, 2nd and 2.2 class students, without screening a 3rd class
student sneaked in.  At the end, he emerged the best of the best.
When he came in for the interview gon gon, all the ogas interviewing
where surprised how could a poor 3rd class product emerge the best
with overall 100% mark.

He was asked to re-write the test in their view, the test was marked
again, still its the same - he became the first guy to break the long
monopoly of 1st class student are the best.

so many bought these higher classes at the detriment of us with 3rd
class, because we dont have long legs to follow up or challenge our
lecturers then (not now).

Gashi kuma muna basu bala'i a wajen aiki, i am proud of my 3rd class.

Wa shahida shahidun min ahliha.
"My mama always used to tell me: 'If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for" - Tupak

ummita

Quote from: Dan-Borno on April 10, 2008, 06:13:58 PM
Honestly why should someone come out with a 3rd Class or pass degree after spending 5-6 years in the uni?. A gaskiya that person is not employable.

Ko dai suke baka? ;D You sure say dat kpali na you certify?>:(

Sha, if Bakan-Gizo had his way & his wish came through. Yaya kenan? ;D You know where to find me. I have open vacancies! Ai kun gada mana kiwo.
No mind me, just teasing you thats all.
Despite ur slammin, am still jammin!!!

Hafsy_Lady

Quote from: ummita on April 10, 2008, 07:59:56 PM
Ko dai suke baka? ;D You sure say dat kpali na you certify?>:(

he he he heh................ ;D ;D ;D ;D. Muguwar bafulatana kawai. Shiru-shiru, sai tsokanan tsiya. Amma la, la la, la, la....... Tabdijam, kuma Dan-Barnan yai shiru? Gaskiya an samishi sosai. Bawan Allah kuma yai shiru :o. Tabdijan!!!! :o Lallai yana da hakuri, irin wannan jifa da akaimishi, wai kuma yana zaune lungu, ba zai rama ba? Lallai. Mhmmmmmmm. Har naji wata yar zazzabi, da nime akaima haka.....wai ;D.
What you see is what you get[/b]

bakangizo

Haza firaku baini wa bainak
Haba Bakangizo, mu masu Third Class ba zamu ci abinci ba kenan,
kuma in the first place why did the university make the third class
category?

Bari na baka labari, recently an aptitude test was called somewhere in
Abuja  for 1st, 2nd and 2.2 class students, without screening a 3rd class
student sneaked in.  At the end, he emerged the best of the best.
When he came in for the interview gon gon, all the ogas interviewing
where surprised how could a poor 3rd class product emerge the best
with overall 100% mark.

He was asked to re-write the test in their view, the test was marked
again, still its the same - he became the first guy to break the long
monopoly of 1st class student are the best.

so many bought these higher classes at the detriment of us with 3rd
class, because we dont have long legs to follow up or challenge our
lecturers then (not now).

Wa shahida shahidun min ahliha.

That's an exception. It is not the general rule. 8 out of 10 times a first class grad is better than a 3rd class grad.. Are u telling me if you have a company and u receive applications, u would ignore those with first and second class degrees and employ those with 3rd class ? No matter the imperfections in the university system, u can't tell me that it is okay to come out with a 3rd class degree, and that there shouldn't be prejudice in the labour market.

*~MuDa~*

Quote from: gogannaka on April 07, 2008, 03:01:35 AM
If i had my way i'll scrap the policy of employing only first class,2.1 and 2.2 degree holders in workplaces.
Ragowar su yi me?

You know, that would have been good, but considering the rate of unemployed graduates flooding the labour market, one cannot help but infiltrate them into various companies so as to help reduce the labour market, and again, in addition, i also disagreed on rating university students intelligence based on their results, if really you want to get an intelligent student, i thin they should introduce face to face interveiw, then we will be sure of a students intelligence.
...He begot not, nor is He begotten!
www.articlesdir.co.cc

Dan-Borno

Quote from: Bakan~Gizo on April 14, 2008, 10:37:19 AM
That's an exception. It is not the general rule. 8 out of 10 times a first class grad is better than a 3rd class grad.. Are u telling me if you have a company and u receive applications, u would ignore those with first and second class degrees and employ those with 3rd class ? No matter the imperfections in the university system, u can't tell me that it is okay to come out with a 3rd class degree, and that there shouldn't be prejudice in the labour market.

Haba Malam Bakangizo, that is not the theme of my argument
concerning (We) the third class students, if you can recall this is
what you wished for us:

To this post, sai Abokina GGNK reminded you in his words.

Quote from: gogannaka on April 10, 2008, 03:20:19 PM
BKGZ kenan.
Kasan destiny?

that was when i now replied you by citing a true story
and also told you that so many students bought the so
called class of degree from the university at the detriment
of their fellow students.

My argument is, if you restrict employment to only 1st and
2nd class students, then I think the Federal Government
through the NUC should as from hence forth dont allow any
student to graduate with a third class or pass result, he
should be withdrawn completely - since even if he graduates
no one will employ him.

Their are handful students who even before your graduation
know that they are 1st class product because of their level
of brilliancy - there is no doubt about that. But this doesnt mean
that a third class product (like DB) doesnt deserve to be
employed because dolo ne. hahaha lol.  A rika yi mana sassauci
mana - ko dai kuna son mu fara tare mutane a highway ne.

The university system is not only designed to give academic
performance, but also training to prepare you to the outside
world.  No matter the level of ones degree, there is more
waiting for him outside, it is only when he performs better,
we can say his 1st or 2nd class has been complemented, else
da haka ake gane jebun class of degree.
"My mama always used to tell me: 'If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for" - Tupak

gogannaka

BKG i agree that people are not born equal.As muhsin said,there are different categories of learners.

I remember a professor from the faculty i graduated,responding to some 'intelligent' students mockery of the 'unintelligent' ones. He said that in his 30yrs tutorship he has learnt that class of degree is very irrelevant to when it comes to employment. Being a guidance counsellor he has seen where a low ranking student takes three times the credit load of the first classer and manages to come out with an average grade between C and E.
He said he always enjoys supervising the lower ranking ones's projects because they show their intelligence there.

There are many examples i have where the 3rd classers rank highest in aptitude tests.A friend who works in a recruitment consulting firm attested to me.
In my office, we have an engineer that graduated with a pass degree (not even 3rd class) and i tell you,some work only he can do.Most of our staff take him to be a first classer.

Sannan kuma in this our country where our friends from the bottom of the map virtually grade themselves at business centres or more fairly, produce the results themselves, how do you expect our people to compete?

If i had a firm i would not discriminate. I would give a short aptitude test then call for an interview like Muda suggested.There i will know who is who.
I don't like crammers who only cram and don't understand.

bakangizo

QuoteThere are many examples i have where the 3rd classers rank highest in aptitude tests.A friend who works in a recruitment consulting firm attested to me.
In my office, we have an engineer that graduated with a pass degree (not even 3rd class) and i tell you,some work only he can do.Most of our staff take him to be a first classer.

Goga, like I said, those are exceptions. They are not, repeat, not the general rule. Of course it is natural to have such cases here and there. I'm not saying 3rd class and Pass degree holders are olodos. No. But in so far as there should be criteria in employment, common sense dictates that they should be on the reserve bench.

QuoteIf i had a firm i would not discriminate. I would give a short aptitude test then call for an interview like Muda suggested.There i will know who is who.
I don't like crammers who only cram and don't understand.

You are even gonna make it worse that way. A short aptitude test is simply an elimination tool, designed to screen out ppl in a hurry. It is not a veritable method of employing smart ppl who would add value to the organization in the long run.

Alan guburo, sorry. May be I shouldn't have stated that they are not employable. That's extreme. Still, no discerning employer would

Dan-Borno

may be Bakangizo should go ahead and shed more light
on the term "discerning employer"

bakangizo

Quote from: Dan-Borno on April 14, 2008, 04:33:24 PM
may be Bakangizo should go ahead and shed more light
on the term "discerning employer"

No discerning employer would just out of sentiment for those "unlucky" or "victimized" 3rd class holders say they are as good or even better anytime.