News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

In memory of Shehu of Borno (Alh. (Dr.) Mustapha Umar Elkanemi)

Started by Dan-Borno, February 23, 2009, 11:40:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan-Borno

Inna lillahi wa inna ilaihi raji'un.

the story started as a rumour just like the death of late mamman ali,
hello, hello, wai da gaskene anyi rasuwa a garinnan? this is the typical
call you will receive from someone who wants to confirm the death.
none is directly asking is the shehu dead?

as God plans it, everything that has a beginning must have an end, we
are only praying for a better ending.

his royal highness, the shehu of borno is a person borno and nigeria
will always remember.  he died at the age of 85 living behind 4 wives
and 50 children. (you can calculate the grand children).

i was at the shehu's palace waiting for the corps up to past 6pm.  the
emir of kano ado bayero, the sultan of sokoto and many other traditional
rulers, governors and baba-go-slow himself in company of almost all
his ministers, members of the national assembly and diplomats all converged
in maiduguri for the burial ceremony.  lamidon adamawa could not make
it because of his poor health and age.

may Allah in His Infinite Mercies grand him eternal rest and forigive him
his sins.
"My mama always used to tell me: 'If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for" - Tupak

Bajoga

HASBUNALLAHI............

Sani Danbaffa

May Allah forgive his trespasses and grant him a peaceful eternal rest. May we have the fortitude to bear the irreparable loss. He has passed on and many more are on the way! God gives life and he alone takes it. In the recent past we have had a few cases too many of prominent eminent Nigerians seeking medical attention beyond our boarders. What is wrong with our medical system ne? May we have a good medical system that might stop our valued leaders from seeking medical attention elsewhere.

Allah ji qan Shehun Borno, Sen Mamman Ali and others yet unsung.
Seek knowledge to be usefull to the society, help and spread happiness.

gogannaka

Surely after suffering comes enjoyment

MySeLf

!!!........................I STAND 4 ISLAM..........................!!!

EMTL

Assalamu alaikum,
Inna lilLahi wa inna ilaiHi rajiun. Allah (SWT) Ya jikanshi da gafara, da iyayenmu da sauran dukkannin Musulmai-amiyn.
In the Affairs of People Fear Allah (SWT). In the Matters Relating to Allah (SWT) Do not be Afraid of Anybody. Ibn Katthab (RA).

_Waziri_

HUSNAA

Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

waduz

Danborno, yanzu kam kowa ya yi jugum a Borno, amma ana nada wani, sai ka ji ana ta busa algaita a kowane gida, an manta da wancan!

Um-Uhm, Allah SWT Ya jikansa, Ya rahamsheshi. Wadanda ya bari kuma, Allah SWT Ya basu hakuri, amin. Muma, in tamu tazo, Allah Ya kawota da rahama, amin.

Muhsin

Allah ya jikansa,amin. Allah ya kuma kyautata namu zuwan.

DB, I heard that acording to the codes, new Emir is choosen three days after the death of the current one. Why none is yet selected? There any troubles up there?
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

ummita

Haba three days! What sort of useless code is that? A code lacking a moral sense of reasoning >:( Atleast there should be little room to allow ppl to grieve and allow others to offer their active or conscious support to the deceased. All in the name of power, death is no longer regarded as a deep loss but to make room for someone to quickly accomodate him/themselves. Kai jama'ah, suwanah!!!

May Allah forgive the shortcomings of the deceased and give him eternal bliss and may his last journey be Al-Jannah fiddaus and grant us the strength to bear such losses.

Despite ur slammin, am still jammin!!!

Muhsin

Ummita, even if that assertion wasn't correct, what ppl do after the demise of any leader surprises me, wallahi. They do as much as they can and expedite replacing his/her throne with another person. That has lots of implication...but they don't damned care. Mulki bala'i ne.
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

EMTL

Assalamu alaikum,
The following four activities should take place as quickly as possible after the death of a person:
1. Burrying of the corpses,
2. Payment of debts he/she has taken- and/or return of all items belonging to owners that was in his/her possesion,
3. Gado: Distribution of wealth he/she left behind as appropriate,
4. Election of next Amir/Sheikh/leader. The Holy Prophet (SAW) was buried only after Abubakar As-Siddiq was elected the leader of the Umma.
The two methods of electing a leader in Islam are through the formation of Shura committee (consultation and consensus) as done before the death of Umar bin Katthab (RAA), the second Khalifah. The second method is through Istikhali, which was the basis used in the election of Abubakar As-Siddiq (RAA), the first Khalifah of the Holy Prophet (SAW).

Death is actually a big lesson every living should ponder at, when ever it strikes. Allah (SWT) Ya gafarta mana da Iyayenmu-amiyn.
> It is VERY disturbing the way people go to any lenght to succeed late Emirs, etc. Abin ba tausayi- Allah (SWT) Ya sawwake.
> Delaying the distribution of the deceased wealth (Gado) yakan haddasa fitina
> Some relatives do not even care to investigate and find out if the decease died owing some some people- hakan kuma yana hana Mamaci zama lafiya a Kabari.
Allah (SWT) Ya Lullube iyayenmu da sauran Musulmai da RahamarSa-amiyn, amiyn, amiyn.
In the Affairs of People Fear Allah (SWT). In the Matters Relating to Allah (SWT) Do not be Afraid of Anybody. Ibn Katthab (RA).

Dan-Borno

thank you brothers and sisters for the condolence messages,
may Allah forgive us our sins.

waduz, either today or tomorrow we will resume busa algaita
da ganga-kura in celebration of the new shehu of borno, and
for muhsin, shehu is unlike sarkin kano, the word shehu means
sheik, just like sheik sudais - you know what i mean, tell dan megona.

Quote from: EMTL on February 28, 2009, 04:52:04 PM
Allah (SWT) Ya Lullube iyayenmu da sauran Musulmai da RahamarSa-amiyn, amiyn, amiyn.

Amin, amma bakuzo ta'aziyya ba daga funakaye.
"My mama always used to tell me: 'If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for" - Tupak

Bajoga

Quote from: Dan-Borno on March 02, 2009, 09:48:45 AM

Amin, amma bakuzo ta'aziyya ba daga funakaye.

DB, ai tunda anyi addu'ar alkairi, fata dai Ubangiji ya karba mana.
HASBUNALLAHI............