News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

"These social networking sites can ruin a relationship" - FACEBOOKER

Started by Dan-Borno, August 18, 2009, 01:55:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan-Borno

i intended to bring this to the forum since saturday evening
when one of our regular and esteem member made the above
comment on his wall in facebook, one of the worlds largest
social website.

the question now is, how true is it, that these social networks
can ruin someone's relationship, wether marital or otherwise?

as for me, so long you are fair and transparent in your dealings
you should have nothing to fear concerning your activities on
the website.  but for those with double face might likely face
trouble.

facebook has now become a world platform, apart from making
new friends, old buddies reunite once again - i luv it that way?

lets hear Gogannaka's view tukuna???????????????????????????
"My mama always used to tell me: 'If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for" - Tupak

HUSNAA

Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

Muhsin

Assalamu alaikum,

The site (facebook) piss me off. Unlike many people, I presume. I am more interested in sites where real discussions take place; where you meet intellectuals and discuss, debate, etc with them; where you, if you are that lucky, meet your...eh, as well. It happens right? ;D ;D ;D

Thus I don't think that frigging site can have a speck of influence on me in any way. I just visit it as under duress. Should I continue? ;D ;D ;D

Or probably as Husnaa put. Agreed.
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

gogannaka

Db why do you want me to respond first?
Have you heard of the person that attempted to kill his wife because she changed her status to single?

@Muhsin you know actually there are amazing and intellectual people on facebook too.

I think one needs to be cautious of his words and comments on the social websites especially when you have your spouse and family members on your friend list.
A simple change of status on facebook can jeopardize a relationship ko ba haka ba? E.g from 'engaged' to 'single'
And also people find it easy flirting around on these sites especially with the very attractive pictures circulating these sites.Before you know it,you are caught one day by your spouse (or whatever) and you have no excuse.
Surely after suffering comes enjoyment

Dan-Borno

lol GGNK, the last time i erroneously changed my status to single
i received more than 10 private message from my wives friends
and family, i just have to change my status back immediately,
kasan singles do sell very well on facebook
 8)  8)
"My mama always used to tell me: 'If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for" - Tupak

Muhsin

Quote from: gogannaka on August 19, 2009, 01:24:58 PM
@Muhsin you know actually there are amazing and intellectual people on facebook too.

I know. But it's unlike this forum and its likes where not every Dick and Tom can just register and withstand the "actions" going on.

Quote from: Dan-Borno on August 19, 2009, 02:31:49 PM
kasan singles do sell very well on facebook  8)  8)

I'm single, and so it is on ma facebook profile. But am yet to sell. Anything wrong?

Where is TKT ya duba min?
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

HUSNAA

Quote from: Muhsin on August 19, 2009, 12:18:44 PM
Assalamu alaikum,

The site (facebook) piss me off. Unlike many people, I presume. I am more interested in sites where real discussions take place; where you meet intellectuals and discuss, debate, etc with them; where you, if you are that lucky, meet your...eh, as well. It happens right? ;D ;D ;D

Thus I don't think that frigging site can have a speck of influence on me in any way. I just visit it as under duress. Should I continue? ;D ;D ;D

Or probably as Husnaa put. Agreed.

Muhsin, try and get some of yr friends together and register as members. You will begin to enjoy it then. Its not a forum for debate. Its a global majalisa.
Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

gogannaka

@ DB:To kai ma wa ya kai ka?

Were you looking for a new catch?Don't trust all those pictures you see.
My friend almost lost his mutunci and girlfriend when another girl posted their photo together.

@ Muhsin,kai da baka saka hoton ka ba yaya za'ayi kayi selling?
There are several reasons why people register with these sites.
Some go there to find suitors,some to stalk on other people,some to reunite with old buddies and some to make new friends or market.
It all depends on the manner you use it.
Yanzu zumunci ya koma facebook or the social networking sites.

bakangizo

Who's on facebook here? I never did get to like the site. I visit once in a while, but I'm not too much into it.

gogannaka

Dan-Borno

gogannaka

Hmm,Its like you don't know BKGZ.
You know he is the most anonymous user even on kanoonline so he can be an anonymous user on facebook as well.
No one can ever know. I just don't trust him  :P

Have you heard of the MI5 ex boss that was on facebook using a fake identity.
He is thought to have shared classified information while disguising himself as an espionage freak.
Wish i had him as a friend.

Sannan DB kai ma i don't trust your moves on facebook and twitter.
I received confidential information that you are toasting a facebooker who didn't know you had two wives and she almost fell for you.
Aji tsoron Allah.

Dan-Borno

8)  8)  8)  8) carry on pls tunda abin ma fallasa ne,
duk barnar da nura jibo yakeyi baka gani ba just because
you and him are singles ko?

i am changing my status back to SINGLE and SEARCHING.

bakangizo ai is very difficult to understand, don't mind him,
we have just assigned a special radar to uncover him

Muhsin

Quote from: HUSNAA on August 19, 2009, 04:19:37 PM
Muhsin, try and get some of yr friends together and register as members. You will begin to enjoy it then. Its not a forum for debate. Its a global majalisa.

Majalisa...in what sense? I feel like I even don't know the site's function.

Actually I use to wonder, for I realized, for long especially during Obama/McCain campaign, how Western countries and their nationals take facebook; they revere it. And many more instances.

Quote from: gogannaka on August 19, 2009, 05:00:00 PM
@ Muhsin,kai da baka saka hoton ka ba yaya za'ayi kayi selling?
There are several reasons why people register with these sites.
Some go there to find suitors,some to stalk on other people,some to reunite with old buddies and some to make new friends or market.
It all depends on the manner you use it.
Yanzu zumunci ya koma facebook or the social networking sites.

Hmm??? I'll do that right away...

Wish myself good luck. ;D

Fateez

Hehe, nice topic! I think social networking sites are what you make of them. If you've got skeletons

in your closet then yeah it'll ruin your relationship. But if you're secure and honest in your dealings than it

won't hurt anyone at all. In fact, it may even strengthen it. Facebook can tell you a lot more about a person

in a less awkward way.

I love facebook because it helped me reconnect with people from my past that I never thought i'd meet again

in this lifetime. Now instead of writing personal emails to each friend or writing a group email, I can just update

my status! Killing lots of birds with 1 stone and that my friends, is the efficiency of Facebook.

Although I did get the shock of my life when I got a notice that my Mother had added me on facebook. Then it got

more complicated when my friends started adding her too and referring to her as "their cool Aunty" on her wall postings!

But hey, I realised that I had absolutely nothing to hide so by all means, add away Mummy!

Social Networking sites are not bad if your intentions are clean.

Facebook is good. Though Twitter is the new black.

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect."    ~ Mark Twain