News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

"These social networking sites can ruin a relationship" - FACEBOOKER

Started by Dan-Borno, August 18, 2009, 01:55:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fateez

Quote from: Fateez on August 20, 2009, 04:23:55 PM

Hehe, nice topic! I think social networking sites are what you make of them. If you've got skeletons

in your closet then yeah it'll ruin your relationship. But if you're secure and honest in your dealings then it

won't hurt anyone at all. In fact, it may even strengthen it. Facebook can tell you a lot more about a person

in a less awkward way.

I love facebook because it helped me reconnect with people from my past that I never thought i'd meet again

in this lifetime. Now instead of writing personal emails to each friend or writing a group email, I can just update

my status! Killing lots of birds with 1 stone and that my friends, is the efficiency of Facebook.

Although I did get the shock of my life when I got a notice that my Mother had added me on facebook. Then it got

more complicated when my friends started adding her too and referring to her as "their cool Aunty" on her wall postings!

But hey, I realised that I had absolutely nothing to hide so by all means, add away Mummy!

Social Networking sites are not bad if your intentions are clean.

Facebook is good. Though Twitter is the new black.

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect."    ~ Mark Twain

bakangizo

DB, Goga.  Pls, I beg don't spoil my good name. I have worked very hard to obtain my present squeeky-clean, transparent reputation. You don't know who's watching/reading this forum. Kun sani ne ko ina da political ambition come 2011? 8)

As for facebook, maybe I'm a (or was) member. Or may be not. ::) Let me check. I will be back.

HUSNAA

For all you ppl who dont want yr marital status to be known, do one thing and stay clear of trouble, dont write it. Just leave it blank and leave ppl guessing.
Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

Dan-Borno

:D at last! thats one good thing about staying with the
elderly and experienced people. GGNK u can now go to lahira
"My mama always used to tell me: 'If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for" - Tupak

gogannaka

Husnaan ce elderly and experienced.
Lallai ka ci abinci....as Muhsin would say.

Here's some thing i got from CNN.com about the type of facebookers (the most annoying type of facebookers) 'edited':

The Let-Me-Tell-You-Every-Detail-of-My-Day Bore. "I'm waking up." "I had Wheaties for breakfast." "I'm bored at work." "I'm stuck in traffic." You're kidding! How fascinating! No moment is too mundane for some people to broadcast unsolicited to the world. Just because you have 432 Facebook friends doesn't mean we all want to know when you're waiting for the bus.

The Self-Promoter. OK, so we've probably all posted at least once about some achievement. And sure, maybe your friends really do want to read the fascinating article you wrote about beet farming. But when almost EVERY update is a link to your blog, your poetry reading, your 10k results or your art show, you sound like a bragger or a self-centered careerist.

The Friend-Padder. The average Facebook user has 120 friends on the site. Schmoozers and social butterflies -- you know, the ones who make lifelong pals on the subway -- might reasonably have 300 or 400. But 1,000 "friends?" Unless you're George Clooney or just won the lottery, no one has that many. That's just showing off.

The Town Crier. "Michael Jackson is dead!!!" You heard it from me first! Me, and the 213,000 other people who all saw it on TMZ. These Matt Drudge wannabes are the reason many of us learn of breaking news not from TV or news sites but from online social networks. In their rush to trumpet the news, these people also spread rumors, half-truths and innuendo. No, Jeff Goldblum did not plunge to his death from a New Zealand cliff.

The Lurker. The Peeping Toms of Facebook, these voyeurs are too cautious, or maybe too lazy, to update their status or write on your wall. But once in a while, you'll be talking to them and they'll mention something you posted, so you know they're on your page, hiding in the shadows. It's just a little creepy.

The Paparazzo. Ever visit your Facebook page and discover that someone's posted a photo of you from last weekend's party -- a photo you didn't authorize and haven't even seen? You'd really rather not have to explain to your mom why you were leering like a drunken hyena and French-kissing a bottle of Jagermeister.

The Chronic Inviter.
"Support my cause. Sign my petition. Play Mafia Wars with me. Which 'Star Trek' character are you? Here are the 'Top 5 cars I have personally owned.' Here are '25 Things About Me.' Here's a drink. What drink are you? We're related! I took the 'What President Are You?' quiz and found out I'm Millard Fillmore! What president are you?"
You probably mean well, but stop. Just stop. I don't care what president I am -- can't we simply be friends?
Surely after suffering comes enjoyment

Dan-Borno

"My mama always used to tell me: 'If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for" - Tupak

Muhsin

I couldn't upload my picture yesterday. I don't have any good one, thats why.
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

neozizo

My ex changed her status to Single for "no reason at all" and added over 200 new male 'friends'.
It ruined our relationship. ;D

Muhsin

Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

HUSNAA

Quote from: Dan-Borno on August 20, 2009, 08:13:35 PM
:D at last! thats one good thing about staying with the
elderly and experienced people. GGNK u can now go to lahira

Elderly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
I beg yr pardon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote from: gogannaka on August 20, 2009, 08:45:56 PM

Kyale shi anan GGNK!! Teba ya dirka take yin hayaniya a cikin sa. Besides I cant believe no one thought of that. If u look at my face book page everything about me is left blank. So why  cant anyone follow suit. Ko da yake  kamun kifi DB yake yi, shi yasa ya ke dana tarko!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

HUSNAA

Quote from: gogannaka on August 20, 2009, 08:45:56 PM

Here's some thing i got from CNN.com about the type of facebookers (the most annoying type of facebookers) 'edited':

The Let-Me-Tell-You-Every-Detail-of-My-Day Bore. "I'm waking up." "I had Wheaties for breakfast." "I'm bored at work." "I'm stuck in traffic." You're kidding! How fascinating! No moment is too mundane for some people to broadcast unsolicited to the world. Just because you have 432 Facebook friends doesn't mean we all want to know when you're waiting for the bus.

The Self-Promoter. OK, so we've probably all posted at least once about some achievement. And sure, maybe your friends really do want to read the fascinating article you wrote about beet farming. But when almost EVERY update is a link to your blog, your poetry reading, your 10k results or your art show, you sound like a bragger or a self-centered careerist.

The Friend-Padder. The average Facebook user has 120 friends on the site. Schmoozers and social butterflies -- you know, the ones who make lifelong pals on the subway -- might reasonably have 300 or 400. But 1,000 "friends?" Unless you're George Clooney or just won the lottery, no one has that many. That's just showing off.

The Town Crier. "Michael Jackson is dead!!!" You heard it from me first! Me, and the 213,000 other people who all saw it on TMZ. These Matt Drudge wannabes are the reason many of us learn of breaking news not from TV or news sites but from online social networks. In their rush to trumpet the news, these people also spread rumors, half-truths and innuendo. No, Jeff Goldblum did not plunge to his death from a New Zealand cliff.

The Lurker. The Peeping Toms of Facebook, these voyeurs are too cautious, or maybe too lazy, to update their status or write on your wall. But once in a while, you'll be talking to them and they'll mention something you posted, so you know they're on your page, hiding in the shadows. It's just a little creepy.

The Paparazzo. Ever visit your Facebook page and discover that someone's posted a photo of you from last weekend's party -- a photo you didn't authorize and haven't even seen? You'd really rather not have to explain to your mom why you were leering like a drunken hyena and French-kissing a bottle of Jagermeister.

The Chronic Inviter.
"Support my cause. Sign my petition. Play Mafia Wars with me. Which 'Star Trek' character are you? Here are the 'Top 5 cars I have personally owned.' Here are '25 Things About Me.' Here's a drink. What drink are you? We're related! I took the 'What President Are You?' quiz and found out I'm Millard Fillmore! What president are you?"
You probably mean well, but stop. Just stop. I don't care what president I am -- can't we simply be friends?

GGNK, I believe I'm a lurker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HUSNAA

Quote from: neozizo on August 21, 2009, 12:49:49 PM
My ex changed her status to Single for "no reason at all" and added over 200 new male 'friends'.
It ruined our relationship. ;D

It cant ruin your relationship when she is already yr ex.

Dan-Borno

Quote from: HUSNAA on August 21, 2009, 04:48:07 PM
GGNK, I believe I'm a lurker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol, babu abinda na tsana kamar "the Chronic Inviter"

gogannaka

LOL,nima na tsani the chronic inviter.They bombard you with useless invitations.

Husnaa you don't have to mention,i know you are a lurker......Phoebe  :P

To kun ga dai zancen ya fito fili. Gashi nan mun samu solid proof cewa social networking sites can ruin a relationship.
Take the case of neozizo versus Ex of 2008.
Probably when she changed the status,idan kai baka sani ba sai ka ji ana bugo maka waya ana maka jaje ko kuma ana tambayar ka me ya faru.

Neozizo,i bet when you saw her adding 200 MALE friends kishi ya kusan kashe ka ko. But kasan gaskiya e no mean fa if you are the champ  8)

Wai is irin wannan kishin healthy at all?
Surely after suffering comes enjoyment

HUSNAA

The thing is that the sort of facebook social networking is not in sync with our cultural backgrounds. Kunsan cewa it was made for the western types of society where gender mingling is not regarded as anything to raise eyebrows over. Kai akwai ma wa'yansu wuraren aiki, where they have stopped having gender separate washrooms. So you can see just how jumbled up everything has become.