News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

Cika-Ciki

Started by Muhammad, March 09, 2003, 01:51:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muhammad

Assalamu Alaikum
I am really a bit confused why the forum is getting more flared up with politics. That is why I am posting this.
Bansan ko mutane are familiar with Cika ciki ba.
Cika ciki is usually celebrated on Muharram (10th ?? not really sure what day. Anyone?).
( For those who do not understand Hausa, Cika Ciki roughly means "filing the stomach-with food"). People are supposed to eat to the brim and pray, although one could argue people nowadays eat only. Many people celebrate it differently. For example, in Kano, I notice they celebrate cika ciki by cooking jelar saniya and other ragadada, they stored from salah Babba.
In katsina, where food is not taken for granted, they eat tuwon ruwa after salar magarba and afterward finish it up with the much famed hura da nono.
In Bauchi, I learnt, people eat the famous food made in Bauchi- MASA. ?They eat masa with miyar taushe and tantakwashi and ofcourse, man shanu.
If you celebrate cika ciki or you know any delicious foods consumed during this holiday, please share it with us.
I for one would like to eat tuwon Bula this year.
Bissalam

ummita

QuoteAssalamu Alaikum
I am really a bit confused why the forum is getting more flared up with politics.

Nice one Ameen, yeah, sometimes that political issues bores me to death, and when ppl converse about it..its so funny they way these ppl argue & argue but @ d end sai ace nima that was wat I was tlkin about...basically arguein on d same point. ::)

An mata der abincin fulde, or mayb its like a wash down: Mardo!!!. TUWO MIYAN KUKarrrr is d bestest of who agreez. I dunno wat cika ciki means, but I du get it from d xplanation up there! So dole ne mutum ya cika ciki whether u dont feel like eatin? Eniwez...........4 those that wanna stuff their bellies, get a bowl of ice-cubes or ice-block..though it is not food but boi!!!! I enjoy drinkin them..that wat I like eatin :-/

Tuwo miyan kuka is heavy!!!
Despite ur slammin, am still jammin!!!

Borg

Hmmm... real yummy, you con make me miss abincin gida oooo!! Yes i remember cika ciki, they used to call it Sallar cika ciki. I dont remember any special dishes that were cooked then, but i could sure do with some masa and miyar taushe!!

ummita

[colo=blue]Am a lil bit confused here..............So let me get this straight...Ameen pointed out that Ceek-ceek(or least I 4get I gave cika-cika a lil nick name) He said that ceek ceek is a celebration after fasting, &

Borg u said its a celebration after Sallah......so which is which? Plz specify? :-/

Borg trust me tuwon miyan kika is the bestest!!!!!!!!(she laffs)[/color]

Borg

Ummita, tuwo da miyan kuka is a classic ai, ba wasa da wannan especially with a little touch of man shanu, there is one santi i will never forget da wani aboki na ya yi when he was eating towo da miyan kuka.... we were in the middle of eating fa, from nowhere this guy just looked up at the ceiling and said '... Mansur (another friend that was there), ba irin wanna ceiling din ne a cafeteria din kaduna polythechnic ba?', men, mun sha dariya ranar and till this day we call the guy "santman".

As for the time when cika-ciki is held i'll have to find out for sure, but i know it is sometime after Babar Sallah. And if i remember well, Amin, is it not the one that pple play with fire, throwing lighted sticks and so on... the saying used to go that if you dont fill your tummy with food it will be filled with fire for you..... oho, i may be mixing things up, seem like a very long time since i even heard the work cika ciki.

ummita

QuoteUmmita, tuwo da miyan kuka is a classic ai, ba wasa da wannan especially with a little touch of man shanu, there is one santi i will never forget da wani aboki na ya yi when he was eating towo da miyan kuka.... we were in the middle of eating fa, from nowhere this guy just looked up at the ceiling and said '... Mansur (another friend that was there), ba irin wanna ceiling din ne a cafeteria din kaduna polythechnic ba?', men, mun sha dariya ranar and till this day we call the guy "santman".

Borg, That was more than hilarious...........she laffs......but hang on did u juss say man shanu( man cow) kai.....ai kabata dadin.....I so very much hate manshanu..........but still tuwo miyan kuka is the best. I dont mynd writin tuwo & miyan kuka 4 d whole day.

Thnx 4 pointin out d difference of ceek-ceek durin ramadan & Eid. I love tuwo miyan kuka.....I hate rice abincin kanawa.....sudai d only bestest food is rice........Ni dai tuwo miyan kuka...ok mayb sum of u r gettin fed up...ok can I say this 1 more b/4 I go off........tuwo miyan kuka..ya'all shud eat...that dish is heavy!!!!!!!!(I had a friend who calls it miyan kwatence) cuz alot of ppl, give descriptions like this: Kije kusa da wannan bishiyar kukan, gidan na bayan waanan bishiyan kuka.........(so we kinda call it miyar kwatence) mayb sum of u du!!! & there'z this confectionary....dunno whether its a snack..nidai I luv d honey on it...Alkaki...but I call it alkiki..juss love changin food names

Borg

You are probably rite, i know m a 'man shanu' freak, i even eat it with bread. Talking about hausa sweets, there is one we used to eat a very long time at the local islamiyya rite in the middle of the Kano city (cikin birni)... it was called 'hanjin ligidi', now that was something.... considering the time that has passed and i still remember it, but now i begin to wonder who ligidi was that we really enjoyed his/her/its intestines? :)

Ibro2g

QuoteIn katsina, where food is not taken for granted....

Now man, what does that suppose to mean, ehh? I dont wanna talk further coz u made a comment I like at big, small picture. Na bar ka dai.
Safety and Peace

nura

Cika-ciki is held on the 10th of Muharram, this year it is going to be on Thursday 13/03/03.
agari Nakowa Mugu Sai Maishi

Blaqueen

wwwwwwoooooooowwwwww.... i never knew about this  ;D how aweesome!

but meeh i prefer tuwo da miyan sallah!... i.e. miyan ganye!!!!!
,,,simply the best~
da Hunniez Gettin Money Playin Niggaz Like Dummy

Anonymous

Fyne dyme u made me laff till I fell 2 da ground, meye miyan sallah kuma lol, I pray make 1/2sy comot from that asibiti make she cum help me laff you.....
I can't wait for cika-cika, although i no dey for house but I go chop belle full. Guys akwai azumi da akeyi on the cika-cki day ( that;s thursday ba?) Allah ya bamu ikon yi, AMin

ummita

QuoteYou are probably rite, i know m a 'man shanu' freak, i even eat it with bread. Talking about hausa sweets, there is one we used to eat a very long time at the local islamiyya rite in the middle of the Kano city (cikin birni)... it was called 'hanjin ligidi', now that was something.... considering the time that has passed and i still remember it, but now i begin to wonder who ligidi was that we really enjoyed his/her/its intestines? :)

PLZ get rid of man cow........one more thing.....I honestly dont get it Borg..........Ur reply left me in a big time suspence, donAllah kada ranka ya bace...Borg MAYU ne kawai ke cin intestine...... :-/ I dont really get it...u said kunacin hanji na cikin gari......Innah lillah

Borg

Ummita kina da abun dariya wani locacin lol ;D!!! I dont know if anyone here knows it, it is actually a sugar sweet thingy, i have no idea how it is made, kawai na san sunnan shi hanjin ligidi, it is nobody's intestines, its just the name they gave it, probably because it comes in strands. Kai kai this is so hilarious, i am still laughing..... "Borg the savage".

ummita

oewwwwww.....see shame 4 ma face! Am so supa sorry 4 concludin that on u Borg......u know!!! Anyways thnx 4 puttin things straight......wonda how intestine sweety taste like ?:-/

Speakin of ceeka-ceeki........as per I have got an insight of it..(thnx 2 k-online) u know I was boostin 2 ma freinds about it,.....but then they asked me.....where did it originate from kuma is it sunni?

Because Ameen said cika-ciki is when u vacuum food to up d top....full ur stomach sosai.....but then  Allah stated that....we shud not eat so much that we will fill full from the inside :-/ Abeg help me specify which is which? This cika cika seems sooooo interestin 4 a starter...like me

nura

THIS IS A REMINDER TO ALL MUSLIMS !!!!!!

Itis very desirable to fast on the 9th and 10th of Muharram that s on the eve of cika-ciki and the cika-ciki. You may check Sahih Buhari and Muslim on line on www.fatwa-online.com or on www.jannah.com.

Happy Cika-ciki and plese remeber the talakawas help them cika their ciki too especialy members in Nigeria. Also help pass this to non-forum members. Sakhallahu khairan.
agari Nakowa Mugu Sai Maishi