News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

World Cup 2010

Started by bakangizo, June 09, 2010, 05:00:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

amira

Hi Goga n BKGZ it seems like you guys and me are intrested in d world cup.....
Hmmm that game with greece was devastating, a team that qualified for the world cup for d first time...
or so i heard.
I must say the man of that game for super eagles was kalu uche, he was on it.
Sani Kaita oh my days that man got carried away, the ball was thers anyway, so why
try fly kick the guy and get sent off for something sooooooo stupid.....
Obasi why d heck was he put on, he was acting confused.....
Shittu was like the big guy and he also was like "where shud i kick the ball or who do i pass to?"
Our goali was gud he saved the shots he can.
Yakubu men, i dnt even know what to say.......

I dint even watch south korean match, i just waited for sum1 to update me.
All i can say is that super Eagles were Super back in the days of Amokachi, Oliseh, Okocha, West etc etc.
So only 1 african team left if am rite ghana...What a shame

Algeria did well against england cos they kept it at 0-0 although they wud have wanted to get a goal,
i guess rooney shut his mouth at the end of that game, cos he said something about "its only Algeria" well
they manage to prevent any goal entering.

Portugal had some easy game with i think north korean where it was 7-0, poor koreans

*Each day is definately defining me and finding me*

gogannaka

Amira nice to see you back.

Ghana has really impressed the world.
At least Africa has some little hope. Wish them luck against Uruguay.

Still on records,i think the super eagles are the only ones that have done a foul throwing in this world cup.....lol
Haba da'allah.
Surely after suffering comes enjoyment

bakangizo

Quote from: amira on June 26, 2010, 02:38:01 PM
Hi Goga n BKGZ it seems like you guys and me are intrested in d world cup.....
Hmmm that game with greece was devastating, a team that qualified for the world cup for d first time...
or so i heard.
I must say the man of that game for super eagles was kalu uche, he was on it.
Sani Kaita oh my days that man got carried away, the ball was thers anyway, so why
try fly kick the guy and get sent off for something sooooooo stupid.....
Obasi why d heck was he put on, he was acting confused.....
Shittu was like the big guy and he also was like "where shud i kick the ball or who do i pass to?"
Our goali was gud he saved the shots he can.
Yakubu men, i dnt even know what to say.......

I dint even watch south korean match, i just waited for sum1 to update me.
All i can say is that super Eagles were Super back in the days of Amokachi, Oliseh, Okocha, West etc etc.
So only 1 african team left if am rite ghana...What a shame

Algeria did well against england cos they kept it at 0-0 although they wud have wanted to get a goal,
i guess rooney shut his mouth at the end of that game, cos he said something about "its only Algeria" well
they manage to prevent any goal entering.

Portugal had some easy game with i think north korean where it was 7-0, poor koreans

Wow!! What an analysis. Gaskiya I'm impressed. Nice to see a lady in house talk football like a veteran football fan ;D

Quote from: gogannaka on June 26, 2010, 10:41:40 PM
Amira nice to see you back.

Ghana has really impressed the world.
At least Africa has some little hope. Wish them luck against Uruguay.

Still on records,i think the super eagles are the only ones that have done a foul throwing in this world cup.....lol
Haba da'allah.

Kai goga! Ban da sharri mana ;D

Well, the germans really taught england footballing lessons today. Dama can ingila sai surutu, amma basa iya tabuka komai. The team look disjointed. No creativity in the midfield while the backline appear nervous anytime the germans attack. One would have thought guys like gerard, rooney and lampard would at least produce some moments of individual magic even if the team as a whole failed to click.

Muhsin

Nice discussion. I wish I'd been contributing: but dat I'll soon, God's willing.
Before then, I'm quite happy with d way things are going in dis World Cup, though not happy with ma country n Africa, generally. Alas Brazil dey! Up Brazil!
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

gogannaka

Kai an yi wuta a world cup din nan.
Germany massacred England. It just reminded me of the MTN advert where one boy was singing 'two wars won and one world cup,ENGLAND ENGLAND!' and they entered a lift full of germans. They boy started the song inside the lift and the father quickly shut the boy's mouth with his hand.
Thats exactly what happened. They dared not boast in front of the germans.
4-1 was the score and the germans dominated the match. Although Lampard's denied goal affected the morale of England.

In the Portugal Vs Spain match, the referee wasn't fair to Ronaldo because he was fouled many times but the ref refused to blow.
Xavi, Iniesta and Villa were just wonderful in that match.

bakangizo

Gaskiya the level of refereeing errors these days (not just this world cup) is embarrassing. I believe FIFA is being too lenient to the refs. Agreed that they are human and can therefore make mistakes, but some of the errors are beyond comprehension. Amma da haka, I don't support the call for video evidence to be introduced in football.

Muhsin

Africa's only representative, the Black Stars of Ghana; and Africans' most favourite team, the great Samba (Brazil) were both knocked out. Too bad!
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

bakangizo

Kai amma dai Germany basu da mutunci  ;D Haba! See how dem dey disgrace countries for dis world cup. Dem give Australia 4-0, come give England 4-1 and finally carry the mighty Argentina do chewing stick with dem for 4-0. I dey fear for Spain on wednesday.

Back to naija. Jatau Mai Sa'a was so pissed off about the the Eagles' performance that he suspended the country's national teams from international football for the next two years. Me, I support this move 100%.

gogannaka

Ai Wani calculation ya nuna cewa Germany will win the world cup.
They contained Argentina completely. Their secret lies in their youthfulness and teamwork,not individuality.
Take a look at how Sweinstieger unselfishly passses the Ball instead of attempting to score.

@ Muhsin,ai Brazil da rufin asiri suka zo. They weren't that spectacular.
What annoyed me most was what the 'own-goal' scorer did to Robben. Very unsportsmanlike. It was worst than what Kaita did.
In football what he did is called 'Zafin ci'.
Robben is a machine too.

That Suarez of Uruguay should be banned from ever playing football. FIFA should come up with a rule that if a player intentionally handles a ball that is surely going inside the net with his hands then the player should be given a ban and the goal allowed.

bakangizo

Quote from: gogannaka on July 06, 2010, 10:47:33 AM
That Suarez of Uruguay should be banned from ever playing football. FIFA should come up with a rule that if a player intentionally handles a ball that is surely going inside the net with his hands then the player should be given a ban and the goal allowed.

You echoed my thoughts. In fact I've heard several people voice the same opinion. And the guy keeps on celebrating the act shamelessly. Ba laifin sa bane. FIFA ne shirme. They are always very slow to react to situations. What he did was very bad for football. Now he's telling everybody to catch the ball with his hand the moment it's heading inside the net.

amira

Eyya!!
Allahsarki African teams, they all got kicked out even the
black stars we had hoped for were sent back to their motherland......
Germany kam sun haye, they on the roll they just keep thrashing people
like its some sort of training day lol.
Suarez joker, its all about the hands forget the feet when it comes to saving the
goal, O well they out too!
I think the Deutch Germans are gonna win this world cup, cos they seriously on it!

*Each day is definately defining me and finding me*

Suleman

Anyone else heard about the "Octopus" and its prediction? Apparently Spain will win this world cup. Lets wait and see.

lionger

Quote from: bakangizo on July 06, 2010, 04:29:54 PM
Quote from: gogannaka on July 06, 2010, 10:47:33 AM

You echoed my thoughts. In fact I've heard several people voice the same opinion. And the guy keeps on celebrating the act shamelessly. Ba laifin sa bane. FIFA ne shirme. They are always very slow to react to situations. What he did was very bad for football. Now he's telling everybody to catch the ball with his hand the moment it's heading inside the net.

As painful as watching Ghana's exit was, I think the rules are fine as they presently stand. Awarding goals for balls that do not cross the line because they are 'adjudged' to be heading in that direction b4 illegal stoppage simply opens pandora's box to a nightmare of officiating decisions. The immediate red card and penalty award would be enough in most cases. If Gyan had put away his penalty we would not even be talking about this now. Kudos to Ghana though; they fought hard but ran out of luck in the end.

As for Suarez, he got his due punishment. I wouldn't go overboard in bedeviling his character. Think about it: its the last minute of a hard-fought game, your goal is under siege, your keeper is out of position, and the ball is heading into the net, effectively knocking ur team out of the World Cup and you can't stop it by any legal means - wetin you go do? The guy instinctively took a giant gamble and unfortunately for Ghana it paid off in the end. What I don't like is his excessive celebration of the act and insensitive comments about "the hand of God and virgin Mary'. Frankly the Uruguayans should have been much more sober about winning a match in such an awful and arguably undeserved way. But in any case, I'd rather get a red card this way than our kaitastrophic way.   >:(

bakangizo

I get your point, but seriously awarding a goal for such clear, blatant "volleyball" like the Suarez case isn't gonna pose any problem. And like you, what gets me real annoyed about the issue was his shamelesslly open celebratioin and boasting.

Quote from: Suleman on July 07, 2010, 01:13:05 PM
Anyone else heard about the "Octopus" and its prediction? Apparently Spain will win this world cup. Lets wait and see.

I heard about it. Says it predicted five matches's results. For me Germany is the fav, but it won't be out of order if Spain won.

Quote from: amira on July 07, 2010, 01:04:15 PM
Eyya!!
Allahsarki African teams, they all got kicked out even the
black stars we had hoped for were sent back to their motherland......
Germany kam sun haye, they on the roll they just keep thrashing people
like its some sort of training day lol.
Suarez joker, its all about the hands forget the feet when it comes to saving the
goal, O well they out too!
I think the Deutch Germans are gonna win this world cup, cos they seriously on it!

Yeah, the germans are on a roll. I would want them to win it, cos they have the best team (forget that most of the stars in the team are foreigners  ;D). I can't remember the last time a country goes on foru-goals-bashing streak like this in a world cup.

gogannaka

@ Lionger,i see your point.
@ Suleiman, the octopus only predicts German matches. He should come to naija. He will make it big time!

Finally the Germans have been defeated.
Spain hasn't been so spectacular in the world cup but they contained the Germans comfortably.
I think their strikers are not so good and they miss alot of opportunity.
I didn't watch the match. Imagine the Kano airport didn't put on the TV to show the match. Its a pathetic airport wallahi.
They just put on wani freedom radio...Hissssss! Ana world cup.

I tip Netherlands to win the cup  ;D