News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

Are we romantic????????????!!

Started by gogannaka, December 01, 2003, 05:43:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nuruddeen

Quote from: al_hamza on December 02, 2003, 04:41:03 PM
kai!
Wallahi un-immaginable things ne kuwa.
okay, play b4 sex (yukh) is banned in Islam/FORBIDDEN
an american asked that in an interview with an imam of Saudi, and i happened to be watching the channel at that time,

then, you said Prophet Mohammed (S.A.W) used to take bath with Aisha(R.T.A)??????? innalillahi, anyways, since there's a hadith, that says we shouldnt wrong a hadith till we prove it to, i wouldnt say you are wrong, but i will argue.

you see according to MUWATTA IMAM MALIK, it isnt allowed for a man to see his wives private part and the woman to see her husbands, in-fact the thing(9months b4 birth thing) is to be done in the dark, with a sheet covering atleast upto the waist(ofcourse only on the person on top you dumbo).

then calling to tell how much you miss him/her?
dont they meet everyday?
kiss my wife in-front of the kids? out of the question!
kiss my kids? YEAH, I LOVE KIDS (MICHEAL JACKSON PART II, but i aint a child molester, lol) JUST LOVE THE LIL ANGELS.

DRESS ELEGANTLY? TO IMPRESS ME WIFE? LOL, WHAT DOES MY WIFE WANT ? A LOVING HUSBAND? OR A LOVELY HUSBAND? ALTHOUGH ALHAMDULILLAH, I DRESS WELL, BUT I DONT DO IT TO IMPRESS PEOPLE, I DO IT BECAUSE I FEEL COMFORTABLE, AND PEOPLE WHO DRESS TO IMPRESS ESPECIALLY THE MALE SPECIES, LOL MAN! OKAY I ZIP MY MOUTH.

COOKIN WITH MY WIFE?
WELL REALLY, THATS SOMETHING CONSIDERABLE, BECAUSE I DO BELIEVE THAT WOMEN HAVE EQUAL RIGHTS, AS SUCH SHE SHOULDNT BE THERE IN THE KITCHEN THINKING ITS A DUTY, BUT I WOULD HELP HER SOMETIMES, TO SHOW HER THAT THE FAMILY IS GRATEFUL FOR HER SERVICES.

YOURS

AL-HAMZA

You see Al-hamza, I think u have missed the score board here. What Gogannaka said is right. There are certain hadiths that narrated prophet taking bath with his beloved wife. And for you to overtly disprove and/or dispute with Goga is still debatable. One thing you should know is that even the sahabas i.e the malikis, hambalis, hannafis and co said that whatever they said if it contradicts the saying of Allah and teachings of the prophetic traditions, we should do away with their sayings and/or teachings and embrace what the prophet or Allah said based on Quran and hadith. Ala ayya ti halin. However, on thing has to be clear, and it is fundamental to this discourse i.e some of the lifestyle of prophet of Islam have not been taken very seroisly by some tribes and races simply bcos they dont believe that such lifestyles tallies with thier norms or values. But I think all what Goga said is right. It depends on you to go and verify from your Ulamas. Wallahu alimun ya mu'alllim. Ala ayyati halin Wallahu alimun bima ta'amalun. Akulu kauli haza wa'astagfirullaha li walakum
o try and fail is atleast to learn. That will save one the inestimable loss of what might have been (positive or negative).

HUSNAA

In the very very olden days before the advent of electricity, tarred roads, concrete structures, cars, and many other modern amenities; the days when women were never seen on the streets during daylight hours; when if a woman wanted to go to a naming ceremony, she left her home at the crack of dawn after fajr prayers, and only came back at dusk, in those days, a husband and wife could be married for ten yrs and in broad daylight, they'd pass each other without knowing that they were husband and wife.
The husband leaves wakes up at dawn has his ghusl goes out to pray in the mosque. When he comes back, he doesnt go back indoors but stays out in the soro. Maybe has breakfast sent to him from inside the house, or doesnt have any, but goes about his business for the day. His kids do not know when he leaves because ten to one they are fast asleep, as is the wife, who prays and then decides to get some more shut eye probably. Anyway, he doesnt come back till its around maghrib time. He has his mat brought outside the house where he sits  with his chums and cronies until the call for maghrib prayers. Then he prays in congregational prayer in the mosque, and only then visits inside his house. By then the light has faded and his wife has got the smokey aci bal bal on. He probably stays long enough to to bark out an order or two to the hapless woman called his wife and his bare foot kids who only see him as the cat amongst the mice. He then goes out again and has his food brought to him in the majlis of his friends. There they will share the meal communally. Every magidanci with a wife will have his food brought out there and they will eat na gidan wane, then gidan wane and gidan wane , until they have done the rounds of the dishes. Then they will pray isha in congregation, and sit outside till around 9 pm which is considered very late as it is dark everywhere. He then says goodnight to his cronies, and turns in for the night. He enters his house to find that the wife has long gone to bed and the kids also are all asleep.  So he also turns in for the night. And  so to bed... not knowing what his wife looks like, what his kids looked like, what they did for the day etc......
Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

gogannaka

Eewww!
I believe this still happens but in a modified manner.
Surely after suffering comes enjoyment

Dan-Borno

Quote from: HUSNAA on December 22, 2007, 07:36:17 PM
In the very very olden days before the advent of electricity, tarred roads, concrete structures, cars, and many other modern amenities; the days when women were never seen on the streets during daylight hours; when if a woman wanted to go to a naming ceremony, she left her home at the crack of dawn after fajr prayers, and only came back at dusk, in those days, a husband and wife could be married for ten yrs and in broad daylight, they'd pass each other without knowing that they were husband and wife.
The husband leaves wakes up at dawn has his ghusl goes out to pray in the mosque. When he comes back, he doesnt go back indoors but stays out in the soro. Maybe has breakfast sent to him from inside the house, or doesnt have any, but goes about his business for the day. His kids do not know when he leaves because ten to one they are fast asleep, as is the wife, who prays and then decides to get some more shut eye probably. Anyway, he doesnt come back till its around maghrib time. He has his mat brought outside the house where he sits  with his chums and cronies until the call for maghrib prayers. Then he prays in congregational prayer in the mosque, and only then visits inside his house. By then the light has faded and his wife has got the smokey aci bal bal on. He probably stays long enough to to bark out an order or two to the hapless woman called his wife and his bare foot kids who only see him as the cat amongst the mice. He then goes out again and has his food brought to him in the majlis of his friends. There they will share the meal communally. Every magidanci with a wife will have his food brought out there and they will eat na gidan wane, then gidan wane and gidan wane , until they have done the rounds of the dishes. Then they will pray isha in congregation, and sit outside till around 9 pm which is considered very late as it is dark everywhere. He then says goodnight to his cronies, and turns in for the night. He enters his house to find that the wife has long gone to bed and the kids also are all asleep.  So he also turns in for the night. And  so to bed... not knowing what his wife looks like, what his kids looked like, what they did for the day etc......

It is in this family way of life that eminent arewa leaders were
brought up, the likes of Sir Ahmadu Bello, Abubakar Tafawa
Balewa, Sir Kashim Ibrahim to mention but a few.

I admire this type of life.  :-*
"My mama always used to tell me: 'If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for" - Tupak

Nuruddeen

That was gonna the days my dear. All these things u are talking about are now history. Most of the lifestyles that were lived in those days are hardly obtainable today. Remember, ten yrs back, if one sees his elderly neighbour, for instance, one's father or grandpa carrying a load from home elsewhwre, he/she goes to collect it as a sign of respectand follw the person to the destination. But how many ppl can come to the rescue of thier close associates, neighbours or friends today? So u see how time flies Husnaa. As Goga said, all these things can be and have been modernised in the name of so-called moderntiy and civilisation. Allah ya taimaka.
o try and fail is atleast to learn. That will save one the inestimable loss of what might have been (positive or negative).

GoodFella

Quote from: gogannaka on December 23, 2007, 06:50:43 PM
Eewww!
I believe this still happens but in a modified manner.

Can see it happening in our nowadays community, actually. But can you elaborate it more?
Beginning today, treat everyone you meet as if he or she were going to be dead by midnight. Extend to them all the care, kindness, and understanding you can muster, and do so with no thought of any reward. Your life will never be the same again.
— Og Mandino (Motivational Author & Speaker)

HUSNAA

Lol guys, I was trying to point out how unromantic the husband was, and u all seemed to have missed the gist of it and cottoned on to the communal way of life back then....which obviously favored the guys, which is why u all sound nostalgic and almost wishing u were a part of that existence lol....  ;D
So if we are to look at the genesis of the Hausa man's lack of a romantic bone in his nature, I'd say this fits the bill perfectly... ko kuwa?
Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

Dan-Borno

Yes, you've landed very gently Auntin Muhsin.  If from
your conclusion, you deduce the unromantic nature of
the man (hausa man), verily, it also goes down with the
woman.

I remember those days you narrated, a lady going to her
husband's house on the eve of the day, an old woman
will be summoned to see her in a private room.  Guess
what? the bride will be told to be very serious and not
even smile at her husband, because that smile shine
zai jawo mata raini.  Kada ki yarda kiyi wasa da shi and
mother of all, never complain to him on whatever issue.
Go to bed early, and no matter how he tries to tourch
you dont allow him (that is why, those days, you have
to be well prepared before you go to your brides room
for the first night is a battle night - ko kai - ko ita, one
of you must sustain (innjuries & bruises).

The old woman will proceed by programming the young
bride that "namiji ba dan goyo da zani bani" so whatever
the situation never trust him or give him your heart.
If you are sick, just send someone to call me, dont inform
your husband.

The programming language goes on and on.  That is how
our women inherit the unromantic whatever.
"My mama always used to tell me: 'If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for" - Tupak

Mufi

Lol! @DB, baka da dama, ina kajiyo wannan hudubar that supposedly mothers are given to their newly wed daughters ??? ??? ;D ;D
Life is like a flower; more exquisite and precious when shared with others.

Bayya

Some dreams do come true

amira

*Each day is definately defining me and finding me*

gogannaka

Quote from: Dan-Borno on December 23, 2007, 07:03:20 PM

Haba DB what is there to admire in this kind of lifestyle.
Where you barely know your own Family.
Inaaaa...da sake.
Surely after suffering comes enjoyment

Dan-Borno

Quote from: gogannaka on December 28, 2007, 08:41:00 AM
Haba DB what is there to admire in this kind of lifestyle. Where you barely know your own Family.
Inaaaa...da sake.

I am surprised to hear this from you my co-friend,
we are talking about way of life.  In the former,
things are going normal, life has been so good and
very interesting, people from other world so much
admire our sense of intelligence and mode of life.
Now we are adopt(ing) the late life, things have
started changing in the opposite direction.

My grandmother is alive and she always narrate her
own version of the story when ever she came to my
house and see me seated with my wive(s), that
you children of nowadays dont even have respect
to your husbands, how dare you sit on the same
couch with your husband?

She used to say narrate the same story Husnaa
quoted.  Wannan zaman aure ne, its is purely a
religious duty and must be maintained with such
seriousness.  The trend of divorce is raising on daily
basis - what do you think is the problem?

Now you think taking your wife to Oasis or Mr. Bigs
or eating Dinner at Pounded Yam & Co will keep the
marriage strong and stronger  - common be a  man
mana.

bakangizo

Quote from: Dan-Borno on December 23, 2007, 07:03:20 PM
In the very very olden days before the advent of electricity, tarred roads, concrete structures, cars, and many other modern amenities; the days when women were never seen on the streets during daylight hours; when if a woman wanted to go to a naming ceremony, she left her home at the crack of dawn after fajr prayers, and only came back at dusk, in those days, a husband and wife could be married for ten yrs and in broad daylight, they'd pass each other without knowing that they were....

Nagode mutumin ;D 8) You beat me to it.

Quote from: gogannaka on December 28, 2007, 08:41:00 AM
Haba DB what is there to admire in this kind of lifestyle.
Where you barely know your own Family.
Inaaaa...da sake.

So tell me.. has our family-value system improved or plummeted since we decide to "adopt" the westernized, straight-out-of-hollywood notion of romance?
I say, bring back the old days!!!

sadiq

Quote from: HUSNAA on December 24, 2007, 05:58:23 PM
Lol guys, I was trying to point out how unromantic the husband was, and u all seemed to have missed the gist of it and cottoned on to the communal way of life back then....which obviously favored the guys, which is why u all sound nostalgic and almost wishing u were a part of that existence lol....  ;D
So if we are to look at the genesis of the Hausa man's lack of a romantic bone in his nature, I'd say this fits the bill perfectly... ko kuwa?

But young lady didnt see where you mentioned the wife being romantic here. so i guess the 'thing' here is mutual. if it favoured only the hubbies,where the h**L did those kids pop out from ???. To be frank i would always go for what my lady up there said. the process has to be both ways. If you have a husband (like me ;D) who would join his wife in taking in sand when she's pregnant, tell her she looks gorgeous even when she looks like a whale, follows her to her pre-natal clinics to appreciate what shes going through, has it at the the back of his mind that no lady has 'enough' clothes......tells her INA SON KI SOSAI (ummita will love this part) more than a million times a week.....tell me which one of you ladies would have course to complain and not reciprocate?
oday s beautiful moments are tomorrow s golden memories.