News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

K-Online Get 2gether

Started by Dante, August 13, 2005, 08:11:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gogannaka

Tomorrow a final feedback will be given InshaAllah.
God help us.
Surely after suffering comes enjoyment

manasmusa

Salamullahi alaikum.
Kwana da yawa.

Duk da cewa an ari bakina anci min albasa, I have to said that I will Insha Allahu attained. So, count me in chairman sir.

Anas
Such is Allah your Rabb, His is the creation and...

HUSNAA

Quote from: gogannaka on December 21, 2008, 07:18:37 PM
God help us.

I delegated u as my rep. From yr resounding silence, its a no no from u. OK.  message loud and clear.
Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

Nuruddeen

God help us.

Salam. First, I have to apologise for my inability to pass commentaries on the long awaited and much talked about K-online GTG. Alhamdulillah, lots of ppl have contributed one way or another. Allah ya saka muku da Alheri. I think all of us deserve commendation.

I was away trying to compose a small handbook on Nigeria titled "REDEFINING MOMENTS IN THE PROJECT NIGERIA FOR 21ST CENTURY: ESSAYS FROM MY YOUTHFUL EXUBERANCE". And I was trying to get fully in touch with my  book reviewers and proof readers. But Masha Allah it's no longer an issue. Hope to launch it in January or February. Gov. Lamido will in sha Allah be my chief host. Prof Abdullahi Mahadi or Abdallah Uba will be the ones to write the Forward. I am yet to talk to Prof Abdalla though.

Anyway, that's a subject for another day.

I think what we arrived at with EMTL is to sponsor the GTG i.e the two of us. However, when I discussed with him this afternoon, he said some members have declared interest to help on board. So we now feel like contributing our own quota individually.

For me, I will align ma self to the Drinks issue. Will in sha Allah discuss with the EMTL before sending my money to Muhsin, Gogannaka or whoever is in charge. I will not disclose how much am gonna pay but will just send something for the eminent ladies and gentlemen. We shall return to this point soon

On the issue of changing dates, I think it's not good to be "dilly-dallying" around without the TEMERITY to arrive at a COMMON STAND POINT. We are all one house beyond debating on an issue that has been witchunting us over time.  

We need to be realistic here: Admin has asserted elsewhere that he may not be able to attend on 3rd January, but we have to look beoynd the banal and protracted problem by making compromise. I think if the Master of the Kanoonline web is not coming then we shall rest our case and be onlookers, and also await for the day when miracle will happen. So really we need to look at the efforts made by each and everyone of us here. One thing that I know is HUMAN MANAGEMENT IS A VERY DIFFICULT AREA TO TACKLE ESPECIALLY WHEN DEALING WITH PPL FROM DIFFERENT BACKGROUNDS. So we need to tread softly about this date of a thing. I am simply saying that if we keep on changing dates, some will simply be discouraged and cannot just attend.

Nonetheless, I am not against changing dates, because some of us have a very strong reason to err bcos its human. And I think their reasons have to do with family and other matters of utmost personal importance, which they know better.

Now back to the issue of DRINKS. I will in sha Allah unveil my committment tomorrow or next for the honourable members. I know ppl like DB, and Muda are eager to hear what the lad is ready to offer.Lol!!!!!!!!!!

As per topics of discussion here we go:

1. Dan Barno :X-raying the trouble with Nigeria: An appraisal of Chinua Achebe's assertion.

2. Jibo Nura: Who will save Nigeria now?

3. Prof Abdalla Uba: Utilising Alms beggar Minstrels and Almajiarai for development in Northern Nigeria.

4. EMTL: The polical and economic crises in Nigeria: An Islamic perspective.
Gogannaka/ Mudacris: The role of youth in nation building: A case study of Kano, Northern Nigeria.

Fellow forumnites, don't be scared. These topics are subject to deliberations and the boy stand to be corrected!

Lastly, those konlines living in diaspora are supposed to kindly take the pain of sacrificing their dollars by just making calls to any person they wish to call as a form of camaraderie. But I know there are some that may not even bother to call. Hope you understand who I mean. LOL!!!!

I remain your humble friend and 'foe' Jibo Nura (a.k.a Nuruddeen).[/
color]
o try and fail is atleast to learn. That will save one the inestimable loss of what might have been (positive or negative).

gogannaka

Quote from: HUSNAA on December 21, 2008, 08:24:24 PM
God help us.

I delegated u as my rep. From yr resounding silence, its a no no from u. OK.  message loud and clear.
Inaaaa ai har wasu suna min bakin ciki cos i get to get double share of everything.
I will humbly represent you anty Husnaa.

Dan-Borno

Ladies and Gentlemen of the forum, considering the
pace we are moving, i think its time we get a standard
leadership to steer the activities of the GTG.  as you
are all aware, i have been handling the chairman's
seat when all are running away from responsibility,
thank God it has come to the end.

since i am not leaving within kano city, it will be
difficult for me to manage issues, for example muhsin was
looking for me to take a decision on a particular issue
amma i am no where to be found and the networks are
no longer reliable means of communication.

in view of these, i hear by suggest that Gogannaka take
over the Chairmanship while Mudacris Deputise for him
and our youung and ever committed brother Yaron Aunty
serve as their Secretary/Liaison Officer (close your shop
as from 1st Jan. 2009).  By this, we will have efficient
coordination between the steering committee until we
arrive kano in Hi Royal Highness entourage Insha Allah.

@ NUruddeen, you need to explain more concerning the
issue of the date, are you saying that the proposed date
must conform with our able webmasters schedule so as to
make him attend? if yes, do you think we have any suitable
date apart from the 3rd January? your response will go along
way in resting the case of the date, ortherwise, 3rd January
2009 is what we agreed on.

Let me seize this oppotunity before finally handing over to
the steering committee, that His Royal Highness has joyfully
contributed wuri na gugan wuri, naira na gugan naira lakadan
ba ajalan ba, the sum of twenty five thousand naira - may
the Almighty Allah increase your wealth, give you knowledge
and protect you and your family from satan.

@ Husnaa!!!!!!!! gaskiya i am joining your Son in protest, how
can GGNK represent you when Yaron Aunty is able, agile and
fit & propert to represent you - no way, except if you want him
to sabotage this event.  GGNK you better withdraw the represen
tation or we start sending the Yasin mai reverse  ;D

with this, i am now an ordinary floor member and all decisions
taken by the neww steering committee members is ok with me.

SIGNED
DAN-BORNO
(Former Chairman GTG)
"My mama always used to tell me: 'If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for" - Tupak

Nuruddeen

NOT AT ALL DB.AM NOT SAYING WE SHALL CHANGE DATE. AM EVEN TELLING US TO BE CAREFUL ABOUT CHANGING IT> GOD BLESS U MY DEAR.
with this, i am now an ordinary floor member and all decisions
taken by the neww steering committee members is ok with me.

AM STRONGLY AGAINST YOUR RESIGNATION. U SHALL REMAIN ACTIVE PLS. DON'T WATCH THINGS FROM BACKGROUND> THEY STILL NEED OUR SUPPORT.
SIGNED
DAN-BORNO
(Former Chairman GTG)
[/quote]
o try and fail is atleast to learn. That will save one the inestimable loss of what might have been (positive or negative).

gogannaka

DB you decided to resign at the eleventh hour!

After consultations with some members of the forum we have decided to hold the get together on the 27th of December 2008.
Already,Muda, who booked the venue for the 3rd has backdated the booking to the 27th now.
The Venue is going to be Alliance francais at Magajin Rumfa road, Kano.
The scheduled time is 3-6pm prompt.
As DB sighted,EMTL has already sent his contribution while we are awaiting Nuruddeen's contribution. Thank you all and Allah ya saka da alheri.

Here is a draft of the programme of events as drafted by Dan maigona,Muhsin and myself.

• Opening prayer.
  • Welcome address by Salisu Danyaro (Admin).
  • Members introductions.
  • First paper presentation: EMTL.
  • Second Paper presentation: Nuruddeen.
  • Interactive session and refreshment.
  • Closing remarks by Prof. Abdallah Uba Adamu.
  • Closing prayer.

Dan Borno is going to be the MC.

What do you say?

*~MuDa~*

Its Perfect, here is my number 08036137572. Just hit me if there is anything we may need, i just dropped an advert on facebook events. it iwll be great. i can smell the BBQ steaks already.
...He begot not, nor is He begotten!
www.articlesdir.co.cc

_Waziri_

Gud greetings,

May I use this day, hour, minute, second and the entire convivial atmosphere of our dream light, K-online, to congratulate the GTG commitee for a job well done. GTG we are forever proud of you!

I think the date slated, that is, 27th December 2007 is good enough. I also think the commitee should include good dishes like Zogala, Rama and Kuli-Kuli in the pool of what to eat there, for the pride of our land and as a dedication to our ancestors. Plus the fact of the nutricious and medicinal content of such foods whose discovery is credited to our ancestors not another whiteman, egg head, prof. 

Also according to Abubakar Imam, in Magana Jari Ce, 'yan kama said, "tsamen dawo yana sa k'arfi", so a good grade of fura da nono should also be their. If not, Waziri will not tell about the new discovery that says:

In Qur'an truly Hausa Land and housa people are mentioned and there is even a sura named Surat- Azzariyah! Which shows that Zaria people are greater than the Kanawa even in the sight of God.

Again and on a more serious note now. I don't think there is need for us to give the paper presenters any topic of our choice. Let's just leave them to pick what worries them and they feel like sharing with us with the view of making an improvement in the collective life journey of Hausa/Fulani across the globe. You know we have alot of problems which I am sure the speakers have noted in one way or the other. Let us then hear from them their perspectives please.

Finally I am greatly proud of you all as I feel accomplished being a member a party to this well nuanced life style!

Waziri

Bajoga

Quote from: _Waziri_ on December 23, 2008, 10:24:17 AM
Gud greetings,

May I use this day, hour, minute, second and the entire convivial atmosphere of our dream light, K-online, to congratulate the GTG commitee for a job well done. GTG we are forever proud of you!

I think the date slated, that is, 27th December 2007 is good enough. I also think the commitee should include good dishes like Zogala, Rama and Kuli-Kuli in the pool of what to eat there, for the pride of our land and as a dedication to our ancestors. Plus the fact of the nutricious and medicinal content of such foods whose discovery is credited to our ancestors not another whiteman, egg head, prof. 

Also according to Abubakar Imam, in Magana Jari Ce, 'yan kama said, "tsamen dawo yana sa k'arfi", so a good grade of fura da nono should also be their. If not, Waziri will not tell about the new discovery that says:

In Qur'an truly Hausa Land and housa people are mentioned and there is even a sura named Surat- Azzariyah! Which shows that Zaria people are greater than the Kanawa even in the sight of God.

Again and on a more serious note now. I don't think there is need for us to give the paper presenters any topic of our choice. Let's just leave them to pick what worries them and they feel like sharing with us with the view of making an improvement in the collective life journey of Hausa/Fulani across the globe. You know we have alot of problems which I am sure the speakers have noted in one way or the other. Let us then hear from them their perspectives please.

Finally I am greatly proud of you all as I feel accomplished being a member a party to this well nuanced life style!

Waziri

Gaskiya lalle Waziri ka cika waziri wallhi, i was very happy da irin abubuwan da lissafa a posting dinka. 

Allah sa mudace.
HASBUNALLAHI............

ajingi

Quote from: Dan-Borno on December 22, 2008, 10:07:14 AM

SIGNED
DAN-BORNO
(Former Chairman GTG)

I suggets 27th Dec. 2008 Saturday. As GTG Date

I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent.

Muhsin

Assalamu alaikum my good K-Online members,

Wish you have been doing just great and preparing for coming to my/our ancient city of Kano--ko da me kazo an fika. Gari mai mata mai mota. Gari in ba Kano ba dajin Allah! ;D

Alhamdulillah. We certainly are making much progress as you can see. And on that I want to say more. Although much have been already said by my older and elder members of this great forum.

Concerning the lecture; we've arranged that only Nuruddeen and Ranka ya Dade (EMTL) are going to deliver lectures there. Why? We discussed it with other members that we are not going to GTG just to listen to paper presentation by members and we are not staying for more than two hours, I think there. The ultimate goal of it all rest upon meeting one another, chatting on real ground, etc, etc, etc. Thus, considering that fact, we rather stipulate the presentations to two papers. And I know both Nura and Engineer are willing to do it. And will inshaAllah do it.  That is what Professor suggested also.

Sai kuma me? My new chairman naga has said everything we discussed. Sai dai in da wani bayanin na kara.

Our thanks to Nura Jibo and EMTL for their abun alkhairi. May Allah reward them da mu gaba daya handsomely.

I remain yours
Muhsin
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

Muhsin

Quote from: HUSNAA on December 21, 2008, 08:24:24 PM
God help us.

Gaskiyafa da sake. >:(

Thank you very much DB for your observation and solicitation above.

Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

bakangizo

Its a good thing I checked. I would've missed the date cos I was looking forward to 3rd Jan next year. Anyway, a big kudos to the organizers. Gaskiya kun yi kokari, Allah ya saka da alheri. Sai mun zo.

p.s - Are allowed to invite one or two ppl?