News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

On The Couch

Started by *~MuDa~*, December 10, 2006, 09:38:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HUSNAA

Quote from: *~MuDaCriS~* on May 22, 2007, 04:42:31 PM
i only forced to watch it if my mother and sister are watching it in the sitting room and i dont have access to the remote control, so i dont know much about it,

hehehe Muda! Just some days ago i think i saw a program in (maybe beyond tomorrow, though i  doubt it). In the program they were gisting about this very same problem of when u cant have access to the remote control to watch what u want!  so someone has devised a simple gadget that is fiixed somewhere in the room unknown to anyone  that hijacks the remote control hahahahaha!! So u set it to tune in to what ever program u want and there is nothing anyone can do about it unless they are in the know about the remote being hijacked!! Maybe u should get yrself one of those ;D
Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

IBB

Quote from: *~MuDaCriS~* on May 17, 2007, 05:11:21 PM
Quote from: IBB on May 09, 2007, 09:40:52 AM
Muda u first me talked about the movie 300. Do u suggest one to watch that movie? I dont think so dont u understand, they are trying to portray God, the persian king is portrayed as God asking people to do sujjud for him and he will forgive them, provide them with all their needs, he's merciful and all that. Did u see the riches n beautiful women given to that treator, wat is that tryin 2 say hurul-khain? the immortals u r talkin about are Angels. even though in the old version of the movie I think is call Spartern cant remember, there are immortals but they are shown as human but really strong thats y they are regard as immortals. The throne cant u see how high, gold plated it is with thousand of gaurds around it.

That movie promotes gay as well. In short that movies is a total Blasphemy

No no no IBB u got it all wrong, did u really watched the movie? That is a portrayal of true history of sparta u know, it happened at the batlle of Thermopilae, with 300 soldiers against 10, 000. That is exactly how some persian generals carry themselves...ba ma sai mun je nisa ba, have u forgotten Fir'aun? Ramses II? He did worsed than Xerxes did in sparta, infact Ramses II executed all that failed to recognise his position as whatever.

In this film how ever, the flaw in the movie was how the y depicted the persian army, they kind of gave them monstrous looks and tendencies, whereas persians are humans, they are the present Iranians, however, Iran have banned the viewing and selling of the movie 300 in its lands headed by president Mahmmood Ahmadinejad himself. But they are not trying to portray God, its just history!

Ait i probably got it wrong. I have seen da old one too. thanx
IHS

*~MuDa~*

Hola! I know this may sound childish but i cant help it...am CRAZY about animations, and yesterday, just yesterday i stumbled upon a DVD at my cousins' with 7 movies and in it i saw...and behold there it was...Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles the movie!!!!

Men...i was so shocked, a while a go i heard the rumour that it was on project but i t completly skidded my mind. Well i started watching it and i can only describe it in two words...Jaw-Dropping. Honestly, u have to see the action in it, 3D special effects, beautiful melodious background sound during several scenes and the story is just sumthing, seriously, if u are really down for action animations and cartoon, (though its not a cartoon this time, its an animation like Shrek, SharkTale and Finding Nemo), You really gotta go see this one, i promise you, you would not regret it! Hola!
...He begot not, nor is He begotten!
www.articlesdir.co.cc

bakangizo

Quote from: Fateez on May 20, 2007, 11:43:15 AM
Quote from: gogannaka on May 15, 2007, 09:52:09 PM
Watch tsartse.One of the best hausa movie i have watched.It's old fa amma but its great.

Has anyone seen Gidauniya?? It's a bit old (about 2-3 yrs ago) but it's so good! Not to

mention funny ;D ;D Definitely a must watch. Then there's Tubali - another old one.

Garwashi, Mashi, Sansani, Khusufi, Gyale, Rawani etc, cant remember most of them.

For the more recent ones - Gara, Buki Budiri, Maliya, Haraba, Harafin So, Fati, Sanafahana.

Speaking about Hausa films, is it true Dan Wanzam and Tsigai died a month ago? Haven't

been in the loop for a while...

It is true Tsigai died some weeks ago in a motor accident along Kano-Kaduna road. I don't know about Dan Wanzam. As for good hausa films, Fateez had mentioned excellent ones. Though she left out one of my old favourites, SUTURA. Excellent movie.  8) I strongly recommend it. For recent ones, Garnakaki, Babban Gari, 419 etc. Though I must confess that a lot of trash movies are being chunned out these days.

Fateez

Oh yeah! Sutura was good. Can't believe i left it out. It's always good to wait

until someone recommends a movie b4 u watch it. But sometimes you can tell

if the movie is going to be good from the producers and cast.
"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect."    ~ Mark Twain

bakangizo

Quote from: Fateez on May 29, 2007, 09:47:27 AM

...But sometimes you can tell if the movie is going to be good from the producers and cast.

You're right. I remember I used to wait until the likes of 2-Effects , FKD, Sarauniya or HRB releases a movie before buying. All that has gone now somehow. There are just too many producers around. And that explains the abundance of useless films these days.

Fateez

"Let no joyful voice be heard!

Let no man look up at the sky with hope!

And let this day be cursed by we who are ready to wake...

The Kraken!"

I just saw Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End and it was soooooooooooo good!!! Anyone seen it?

I know a lot of people had mixed reactions to it, but for me it was grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreat!!!!!!!!!

I don't wanna give away too much. Sad but wonderful twist at the end! It kind of ended up being a love

story for Davey Jones...(I know...eeeeeeeeew!). But yup, Davey Jones and his crew are back as disgusting

as ever! I think I might just lay off the seafood for a while... But yeah, Pirates 3, I recommend...could turn

out to be da new Romeo and Juliet! Who would've thought an ordinary Disney Land ride would inspire such

a great movie trilogy?
"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect."    ~ Mark Twain

amira

hey fateez i've watched it, its great like you said but you forgot to mention it was funny, i recommend it to any one thinkin of watchin it Go SEE!! :D
*Each day is definately defining me and finding me*

bakangizo

I watched Pirates Of The Caribbean 1, but was not much impressed. That's why I shunned the 2nd part (Dead Man's Chest, right?).

amira

yep, dead mans chest i dint even finish watchin that and skipped to the 3rd.
*Each day is definately defining me and finding me*

HUSNAA

I watched  Pirates of the Carribean at world's end yesterday. I actually have never seen 1 or 2.  I liked  it. I am still thinking about it this morning. It was a bit too dense for me. I mean the plot is twisted and  some of the scenes nearly sent me to sleep. I mean ouch! its not Lord of the rings for chrissakes!

*~MuDa~*

Naah prequels are actually nice, i havent seen At world's End yet, but i know Captain Jack Sparrow will not fail me, u have to see how JOhny Depp speaks and completely behaves in the movie, his dialogues and his movement is enuff to make you laff yourself off, and the story is cool too.

Well me am anticipating someting new and different, sorry its animation again but its cherishable by everyone...did anybody heard of 'Shrek The Third' yet?
...He begot not, nor is He begotten!
www.articlesdir.co.cc

IBB

I watched it yesterday. But the movie honestly is a disappointment some clips need not be there. However there are some interesting characters in this one remember the captains' meeting
IHS

Fateez

Quote from: IBB on May 31, 2007, 09:50:15 PM
I watched it yesterday. But the movie honestly is a disappointment some clips need not be there. However there are some interesting characters in this one remember the captains' meeting

A disappointment! Seriously? I enjoyed every single minute of it. Can't get enough

of Jack Sparrow. But then again, maybe my sense of humour is different. I guess

people always expect it to be a happy ending. I love the way the story was twisted.

I always thought there was something fishy about that Tia Dalma lady. She just knew

way too much about da whole Davey Jones story.

Yeah meeting was hilarious! I get confused. was it 9 pieces of 8 or 8 pieces of 9?

Quote from: HUSNAA on May 31, 2007, 09:30:12 AM
I watched  Pirates of the Carribean at world's end yesterday. I actually have never seen 1 or 2.  I liked  it. I am still thinking about it this morning. It was a bit too dense for me. I mean the plot is twisted and  some of the scenes nearly sent me to sleep. I mean ouch! its not Lord of the rings for chrissakes!

I think u wud've enjoyed it more if you had seen 1 and 2. 1 didn't have much

to the story but part 2 and da whole spirit of the sea and Calypso story wud

make more sense if u'd seen da part 2. Amira and Bakan Gizo, part 2 is just as

funny as part 3. But all in all it was a good movie. I want more of Jack Sparrow! 

:'(    :'(    :'(    :'(    :'(    :'(    :'(    :'(    :'(  Hopefully there'd be a spin-off.....

HUSNAA

The story was too dense for me. Maybe if I'd watched 1 and 2, I would have enjoyed it. But you know its the special effects also, they were too unreal. Jack was superb....... Johnny Depp is such a good actor. Have u ever watched Sleepy Hollow? That was superb from beginning to end... no time for yawns and it was all johnny depp as well