The Philosophy Behind Your Screen/usernames

Started by Muhsin, August 25, 2007, 10:41:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

precious

I have always thought Mudacris to be quite unique.And I dont think I have ever associated the name Chris with it.
Mine is Precious and it isnt muslim(Arabic),has no link what so ever with my real name and I do not know anyone named Precious.
For a long time my brother had been trying to get me signed in to kano online.When i finally got hooked to K-online I wanted to register but not with my real name.At the time I registered i had just spent the entire weekend watching the Lord of the Ring trilogy and so cos i hated Smeagol and his voice kept popping up in ma head and I kept looking out the window everytime i visited the toilet,i thought Precious would be a good name.And besides,i am precious. ;)

HUSNAA

Quote from: precious on September 02, 2007, 09:25:08 PM
I have always thought Mudacris to be quite unique.And I dont think I have ever associated the name Chris with it.
Mine is Precious and it isnt muslim(Arabic),has no link what so ever with my real name and I do not know anyone named Precious.
For a long time my brother had been trying to get me signed in to kano online.When i finally got hooked to K-online I wanted to register but not with my real name.At the time I registered i had just spent the entire weekend watching the Lord of the Ring trilogy and so cos i hated Smeagol and his voice kept popping up in ma head and I kept looking out the window everytime i visited the toilet,i thought Precious would be a good name.And besides,i am precious. ;)

My PRECIOUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

PS why the toilet window?? Ko aljani ne? :D
Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

Muhsin

Quote from: jewel(abdulgee22) on September 01, 2007, 08:50:38 AM

when the going gets tough, the tough gets going.......................................................

Well that was nice that most fiful are tellin us about their names. But do u people realise that most of us from the northern part of the country and muslims, have names from Arab background........................u never hear names like Barau, Gigau, korau, Nomau, Danladi, Delu, Asabe...etc.......no more. Even nowadays u keep hearin names that are that arab, but hey men even within the arab world u dnt hear them that well.
Anyways my name is
                      Jewel (which means a piece of gold.................but the British used it for "Sharifs" in d arab world becuase they had no proper name for it................which i dnt think they do up to now.)
                          abdulgee (Abdullahi..........Garba [gee........dr gee. G montana, Gman, Garus...........men i get alot with this one])
                          22           (was the date i was born ).

Jewel, your username has different things (or words) that combined together for it. Am a bit confuse; is Abdullah Garba your real name? I was under an impression that you were an Arab who just came to Kano, lived for sometime, studied at BUK as an international student and so on. Again, why the other name Jewel? Shade more light!

Quote from: precious on September 02, 2007, 09:25:08 PM
precious, your justification isn't, I suspect, well stress. Why is it named after something that merely scared you?

Quote from: HUSNAA on August 25, 2007, 05:52:00 PM
I think Husnaa and Muhsin have the same arabic roots ko? Together with Ihsan and Hassanat. Anyway Husnaa comes from Asmaullahul husnaa 'the most beautiful names of Allah'.
Aunty Husnaa, you haven't yet brought-up yours. I'm following you. Though, you have written something but its before the preview of Dan-Barno to the thread's actual target/topic sentence.
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

HUSNAA

Lol Muhsin, you ask too much kwakwaf  ;D.

Kowa ya bada abinda yasa ya zabi sunan as DB said ba bayani sosai and ppl like Jewel and Precious have gone to GREAT LENGTHS to say why they chose names which were basically the philosophy behind them.. so let go.... please
For Abdulg, the jewel means shariff as he said. Maybe Sharifi ne and he hasnt said so that is why he added the jewel as a pseudonym or synonym for noun sharif .. who knows?

Precious says she is precious. To me that is a very good reason to have the name even without the smeagol bit. Besides she said the name kept revolving round her head that is the reason why, not because she was scared of smeagol. Maybe she got scared by smeagol's character especially when one is in the loo (lol), but that was not why she named herself precious.

Me? Isnt the 'Asmaullahul husnaa'  a very good reason to choose the husnaa part? Come on Muhsin, it was very self explanatory...

Muhsin

Aunty, its good to ask when you are in a state of ingorance. As I said earlier, Jewel's justification needs second reading, but from your preview, I have not 'catched' it alright. And to precious's, you also here said it well. Thanks.

Quote from: HUSNAA on September 04, 2007, 10:40:51 AM

Me? Isnt the 'Asmaullahul husnaa'  a very good reason to choose the husnaa part? Come on Muhsin, it was very self explanatory...

Na yarda!
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

HUSNAA

Quote from: *~MuDaCriS~* on September 01, 2007, 08:15:31 PM
@ Husnaa, Hell No, there is no way i will get use to writing like this, "Allahu Hodimi", normally i kanoonline when am in the office, so i have other things doing simultaneously, that is why i write that "bad", but then i think it still doesnt matter cause its literature and there is freedom of law and u guys understand me at least, anyway thanks for the remark, i will be more careful henceforth. But i rather u say something about my nickname, i have been expecting it.

Actually I did ask you sometime ago as you rightly pointed out about yr username Muda~Cris. Whether it was a combination of Muhammad and Christ and you refused to clarify, because of yr supposed Fulani kunya (ahem). I mean yes I dont doubt the kunyar fulani, as some part of your persona, but I very much DOUBT that was the reason for yr taciturnity at the time ;D. So when you  explained the genesis of Muda~Cris, I did predictably - (lol I seem to be predictable these days!!!! i shall try and develop some mystique in the future hope hope..... ;D) - think about it in an abstract way. That is to say I didnt think my thoughts were really worth writing anything about in respect to the nickname. But since you said you were expecting a comment about the nickname, I shall tell you what I thought when  I read why you chose M~C.  What I thought was that the name Ludacris always made me think of the word Ludicrous (hahahaha!) and I couldnt understand for the life of me why anyone would want to be saddled with a name like Ludacris. Its so ludicrous (pardon the pun hehehe  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D). Who was he anyway? An MBA player? Is he the one featured as yr avatar?

That was the sum total of what went through my mind in relation to yr user name. On the other hand, after Muhsin's comments on it, i.e. he'd come to nearly the same conclusion as I that it was a hybrid of Muhammad and Christ and he'd thought that it wasnt really ideal and slightly blasphemous to boot, I thought a little more about it, well actually, I shrugged. It didnt seem important to me at all. You know why? Because no one ever called the Prophet Mohammed SAW 'Muda'. It isnt his name. It's a completely separate name if we view it in the context of the prophet SAW's names even though it was derived from his name. His name means the praise worthy, the praised one, he who should be praised....but what does Muda mean? I dont know if it has any significant meaning at all, so from my own perspective, there was nothing wrong with  Muda~Cris as a pseudonym.  In point of fact if it were really an amalgamation of the prophet's name and Christ (Isa AS) 's name, I'd still think it was an act of love for both prophets on yr part to combine their names.

I really am not sure what I thought  initially when I first asked you about it in that other thread. Maybe I wasnt of the same mind as now. Maybe I was inclined to think it was not quite right then. I dont really remember. But its one of those things about evolving philosophies I suppose. Well anyway.... that's it.   ;D

IBB

IBB. Do I have to tell u the phylosophy, I guess everyone here knows who IBBs are? Let me add, have nothin to do with the Minna General
IHS

HUSNAA

Quote from: IBB on September 05, 2007, 08:16:33 AM
IBB. Do I have to tell u the phylosophy, I guess everyone here knows who IBBs are? Let me add, have nothin to do with the Minna General

Unless you tell us why, we will always think of the infamous general up at his hilltop house in Minna ofcourse  ;D

Mufi

Quote from: HUSNAA on September 04, 2007, 11:45:58 AM
Quote from: *~MuDaCriS~* on September 01, 2007, 08:15:31 PM
@ Husnaa, Hell No, there is no way i will get use to writing like this, "Allahu Hodimi", normally i kanoonline when am in the office, so i have other things doing simultaneously, that is why i write that "bad", but then i think it still doesnt matter cause its literature and there is freedom of law and u guys understand me at least, anyway thanks for the remark, i will be more careful henceforth. But i rather u say something about my nickname, i have been expecting it.

Actually I did ask you sometime ago as you rightly pointed out about yr username Muda~Cris. Whether it was a combination of Muhammad and Christ and you refused to clarify, because of yr supposed Fulani kunya (ahem). I mean yes I dont doubt the kunyar fulani, as some part of your persona, but I very much DOUBT that was the reason for yr taciturnity at the time ;D. So when you  explained the genesis of Muda~Cris, I did predictably - (lol I seem to be predictable these days!!!! i shall try and develop some mystique in the future hope hope..... ;D) - think about it in an abstract way. That is to say I didnt think my thoughts were really worth writing anything about in respect to the nickname. But since you said you were expecting a comment about the nickname, I shall tell you what I thought when  I read why you chose M~C.  What I thought was that the name Ludacris always made me think of the word Ludicrous (hahahaha!) and I couldnt understand for the life of me why anyone would want to be saddled with a name like Ludacris. Its so ludicrous (pardon the pun hehehe  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D). Who was he anyway? An MBA player? Is he the one featured as yr avatar?

That was the sum total of what went through my mind in relation to yr user name. On the other hand, after Muhsin's comments on it, i.e. he'd come to nearly the same conclusion as I that it was a hybrid of Muhammad and Christ and he'd thought that it wasnt really ideal and slightly blasphemous to boot, I thought a little more about it, well actually, I shrugged. It didnt seem important to me at all. You know why? Because no one ever called the Prophet Mohammed SAW 'Muda'. It isnt his name. It's a completely separate name if we view it in the context of the prophet SAW's names even though it was derived from his name. His name means the praise worthy, the praised one, he who should be praised....but what does Muda mean? I dont know if it has any significant meaning at all, so from my own perspective, there was nothing wrong with  Muda~Cris as a pseudonym.  In point of fact if it were really an amalgamation of the prophet's name and Christ (Isa AS) 's name, I'd still think it was an act of love for both prophets on yr part to combine their names.

I really am not sure what I thought  initially when I first asked you about it in that other thread. Maybe I wasnt of the same mind as now. Maybe I was inclined to think it was not quite right then. I dont really remember. But its one of those things about evolving philosophies I suppose. Well anyway.... that's it.   ;D

Lol!! Husnaa at ur comment about Ludacris, he is a very talented singer and an aspiring actor, he is into Rap and Hip-Hop music.
Life is like a flower; more exquisite and precious when shared with others.

mlbash

for me it's damn very clear no need of expansiating huh? ???
t is my intention to make the neglected aspect of our societies viable

HUSNAA

Quote from: mufi on September 05, 2007, 07:39:07 PM

Lol!! Husnaa at ur comment about Ludacris, he is a very talented singer and an aspiring actor, he is into Rap and Hip-Hop music.

SEE? Rap is really not my cup of tea. Cant stand it except that slim what ever please stand up by eminem. I think he is the only rapper I like, cos he like totally identifies with blacks, since he didnt have an easy life either so he knows where blacks are coming from. Amma fa, that is only my own take on him. I dont know him anybetter, only that he has a disastrous marriage, still loves his wife and probably is family oriented....

MLBASH... if there was a name that I have always wondered what it stood for apart from mudacris, that one is it. you need a lot of explaining oh oh oh muhamad lawan bashir ko? Oh yes, I seem to remember seeing the full name somewhere. well I guess no dogon bayani, amma bara mujira Muhsin and see what he makes of it, as he is umpiring this one......

Muhsin

[quote author=HUSNAA link=topic=3285.msg31848#msg31848

[/quote]

Nice thought Aunty. Though, I had some 'bad' feelings about the way the name is written as all the members have had noticed from my preceeded reply, but Aunty's point about, which says--(in bold), shade everything, completely, away. Thanks.
Now it's left to Mr. Muda to react.
Quote from: HUSNAA on September 05, 2007, 07:05:11 PM
Quote from: IBB on September 05, 2007, 08:16:33 AM

Unless you tell us why, we will always think of the infamous general up at his hilltop house in Minna ofcourse  ;D

I'm again solidly with you Aunty. We can only and only get him clear if he explain. But, apart, thats also my belief and thought of the genesis/origin of your screenname IBB.

Quote from: mlbash on September 05, 2007, 08:10:46 PM

for me it's damn very clear no need of expansiating huh? ???

Remember, the question didn't just ask members to explain what the full meaning of there username is rather the philosohpy, isn't it?

Quote from: Myself on September 05, 2007, 10:58:16 PM
I, MYSELF & ME  ;D

We are UNCLEAR!!! and UNSATISFIED.

MySeLf

Quote from: Muhsin on September 06, 2007, 03:52:16 PM
We are UNCLEAR!!! and UNSATISFIED.

Muhseen
No philosophy behind my user name, what you see is what you get.
Is just me here my humble self and nothing else... Hehe!
!!!........................I STAND 4 ISLAM..........................!!!

HUSNAA

There was a famous song called ME MYSELF I. Cant remember who by. She was black amma.

amira

Beyonce you mean, the woman that doesnt sing but screams well that what i think but she pretty.
*Each day is definately defining me and finding me*