News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

ARE THEY ALL NORTHERNERS?

Started by manasmusa, November 01, 2007, 04:17:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

manasmusa

Lets start by narrating to you where the tittle got it sources. Last two weeks we were in the class taking lecture from one Guru Lecture, when some of the class mate break his rule of coming to the class let, that is five minute after the lecture commencement. "you cant come in" he said, "because you are late" they do all what they can to convince him but they fail. After about thirty minute of the lecture he then said "well, you can quitly come in" they shamefully grab to get seated. but when the class was normal, he said, " you see they  are all northerners" means they are all come from northern Nigeria. His words "they are all northerners" keep on struggling on my head and lift me "guilty conscious" for this is not the first time he uses such kind of words on us (Northerners) and  Hausas. "Yoruba believe that all Hausas are womanizers" he once suggested. If this is the case, please what can you said about his words. Are northerners lazies? are all Hausas womanizers? Anya kuwa? Do you think all those class mates are notherners?
Such is Allah your Rabb, His is the creation and...

gogannaka

Northeners are not womanisers but they are lazy.
It is not only the yorubas that think that way.Almost everybody does.
Surely after suffering comes enjoyment

Abdalla

Well certainly a lot of our verbal fortpolio suggests preference for laziness. Have a gander at these common sayings/proverbs:

Allah Ya ba ku mu samu
Kaya ya tsinke a gindin kaba
Faduwa ya zo daidai da zama
Samun na ku shi ne namu
Tsuntsu daga sama gasasshe...

Can we add more?

Maybe too harsh to generalize to all "northerners" -- leading to useless stereotypes (I am a northerner, and although I hate waking up before 10.00 a.m. (what for?!), I certainly would consider myself, or the huge circle of people I network with, as lazy. But come to think of it, laziness has it merits -- take life easy, or you won't get out of it alive :D :D :D

Abdalla

HUSNAA

To shi lecturer din wace irin kabila ce shi? Bahaushe, inyamiri, Bayerabe ko kuwa me?
Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

Zagaina

ya it's true northerners are lazy i agree with you gogannaka,but i don't think that laziness has merits as prof. said.
IF A CHILD LIVES WITH PRAISE,HE LEARNS TO APPRECIATE.

Bayya

Quote from: HUSNAA on November 02, 2007, 02:33:39 PM
To shi lecturer din wace irin kabila ce shi? Bahaushe, inyamiri, Bayerabe ko kuwa me?

I bet Bayarabe ne, don sun fi raina 'yan arewa.

Quote from: babangidagyp on November 02, 2007, 05:46:22 PM
ya it's true northerners are lazy i agree with you gogannaka,but i don't think that laziness has merits as prof. said.

Kun manta da masu zama a gidin bishiya suna kwado suna shan giya,
sun bar matan su da zuwa gona da kasuwa ne?
Some dreams do come true

Bajoga

Assalamu Alaikum!!!!

Infact, i want to add 1 or more words to this memorable topic (as above).
Maganar gaskiya dai anan shine we have consider with my Aunty's Question (Husnaa) cewa "To shi lecturer din wace irin kabila ce shi? Bahaushe, inyamiri, Bayerabe ko kuwa me?

According to my little understing, Notherners dai are not lazy,laziness,womanisers, dss. Nothrnerners kawa means Muslem.

Yawancin waddanda ba musulmai ba sukan rika kiran musulmi da cewa "Yan arewa" therefore, if this lecturer was not a muslem, to he means muslem are laziness (& what ever listed in his statement)
If musulmi ne kuma that God ne kawai yasani.

Allah ya ganar damu gaskiya.

Mistake is mine, But correction is yours.  :)
HASBUNALLAHI............

Dan-Borno

Wow, what a creative way to bring a discourse of this
nature. 

Since 29th of September - 1st November 07, I have been
opportuned to be in attendance of a Summit on Alternative
Dispute Resolution and Restorative Justice in Africa, and
Nigeria in particular which holds at Muson Centre, VI, Lagos.

The Summit is scheduled to start exactly 9:00 am as per the
programme brochure, as usual, when I arrived the venue, it
was full of learned men of the law wearing black suits with
neck ties as usual.  I came in wearing my "Babbar Riga and
a Zanna cap to fit" thereby becoming different among the
other suited guys.

I was ushered to a table, were I got seated and met three other
lawyers and the introduction started.  All of them told me
there names and there various professions, before I could
introduced myself, the young Yoruba guy immediately said
"I am very sure you are an Alkali" I was so astonished and
immediately other recognized how I twisted my face, and I
asked him why did you say I am an Alkali? he started laughing
and said "you dont look like a learned person, because all
the Alkalis didnt go to school at all, they were just appointed"
To his surprise, I brought out my complimentary card and
told him "I am sorry, small boy, I am neither a lawyer nor an
Alkali as you wrongly judged, but a damn computer sales agent"

I corelated the above incidence with the topic in discourse
because on most occasion, all other ethnics, especially the
Yoruba and Igbos never give us a second taught on what we
are or what we do, once you are from the north - finish, you
are considered as an opportunist, despite our long historical
achievements in the area of education, commerce and other
spheres of life both within and outside the country.

When Dan Arewa is been termed as lazy, yes, I see that even
inside my own family, however, that is an accumulated problem
with long history of our farming system.  Hardly you see dan
arewa becoming lazy during the that period.  However, immediately
after the farming season, its there our grandfathers transfers
the gene of laziness to the arewa man.

On the other hand, what about the modern day average Dan-Arewa?
The element of laziness is still there, however, there is a lot of
improvements compared to those days, as the world is becoming
a global village with so many challenges.
"My mama always used to tell me: 'If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for" - Tupak

Muhsin

Quote from: HUSNAA on November 02, 2007, 02:33:39 PM

The thread writer is a friend to me thus I was too in the class when the incedent or rather the encounter took place. The lecturer is a pure and typical Bahaushe who was again born in Kano, brought-up there, schooled also there and what have you. And yet, his pontification is frankly true, I think.
Quote from: Bayya on November 03, 2007, 06:41:15 AM

I bet Bayarabe ne, don sun fi raina 'yan arewa.

Me yarabawa suka taba yi maka/ki? Don't just lunch your attack base on prejudice.
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

bb1and2

The reason why other tribes refer to any unserious person as notherner. Is because we notherners doesn't take  things serious at the begining  until it is getting late. But not all notherners are womanisers. 

Bee

Oh wow!Ashe bahaushe ne.Allah yayi sakaren bahaushe.If he was another tribe,no way would he have said that about his tribe.Shi yasa ko a south din sun fimu ci gaba even educationally but wani bahaushen ma yana jin haushin koyar da karatun da yake yi saboda yana bakin cikin kada wannan student din ya fishi wata rana.
Born To Bee Great

Bajoga

Quote from: Bee on November 06, 2007, 09:17:22 AM
Oh wow!Ashe bahaushe ne.Allah yayi sakaren bahaushe.If he was another tribe,no way would he have said that about his tribe.Shi yasa ko a south din sun fimu ci gaba even educationally but wani bahaushen ma yana jin haushin koyar da karatun da yake yi saboda yana bakin cikin kada wannan student din ya fishi wata rana.

Toooooo wannan ai shine maganar da hausawa ke cewa "Naka shike bada kai"

Allah yasa ya gyara halinsa.
Mu kuma Allah yasa mu dace mu kuma tsira daga irin wadannan munanan kalamai ga brothers dinmu.
HASBUNALLAHI............

Bayya

Quote from: Muhsin on November 05, 2007, 10:42:34 AM

Me yarabawa suka taba yi maka/ki? Don't just lunch your attack base on prejudice.

Malam Muhsin kenan,
Irin wannan outburst haka? Ko da yake ba mamaki dan Jami'a ne.
The fact is - whether you like it or not - if you are a Northerner
or a Hausa man: Bayarabe ya raina ka!!!

Malama Bee,
It might be ya ga they are not serious ne, shi yasa ya fadi haka,
don suyi fushi su gyara.
Some dreams do come true

Bee

Yeah maybe but i still think it was a wrong way of correcting them even if that was the case.He should not have embarrased them the way he did.What if they have got a genuine reason to be late?If it was in another country,he might end up losing his job you know.
Born To Bee Great

amira

Gaskiya fa wannan irin bakin ciki bashi da amfani to meye amfanin ilimin.... in har zaka ji nauyin koyar da dan uwa(then i dont see the point of that person being a teacher if he isnt willing to teach.)Shima ba koyar dashi akaiba, some people dai basu da tunani kawai
*Each day is definately defining me and finding me*