News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

What are you reading today?

Started by Muhsin, December 06, 2007, 10:57:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IBB

I am reading alot these days

Now: The Fortune at the Bottom of the Pyramid (Eradicating Poverty Through Profit) By C.K. Prahalad
IHS

Muhsin

Salam,

Oga IBB, its very good to be reading. I wish I had the same opportunity; I've been reading exclusively for exams these days. We're starting in two weeks coming. May Allah help me get good results, amin.

By the way, am glad seeing your posts here. Keep coming. Thanks
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

IBB

Good luck with the exams. Allah ya bada sa'a Ameen
IHS

Muhsin

Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

IBB

Here is another interesting book i got my hands on. I spent a whole night reading it without going to bed.

OIL, POLITICS AND VIOLENCE-NIGERIA'S MILITARY COUP CULTURE (1966-1976) BY MAX SIOLLUN

Well detailed less partial account of Nigerian politics and military coup history.

Enjoy
IHS

Dan-Borno

the writer is a kanoonliner, so para-lawyer, abani dani
in karanta.
"My mama always used to tell me: 'If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for" - Tupak

Bashir Ahmad

I am reading a many books today few of them: Holy Qur'an, Hadith, Hausa novel book, English books and newspaper. etc.
Above All Fear Allah (S.W.A)

IBB

Are you serious five different books in a day? May be you have IRK and Hausa exams ko? English and Newspaper i guess is a revision on "fassara"
IHS

Muhsin

Oga IBB,

When did you become that a joker? I can't say how many exactly but your posts aboard KanoOnline these days make me laugh very hard, wallahi. Easy with the guy.

On a side note, I'll soon finish my exams; inshaAllah I'll get back to reading. My friend recently gave me one novel by Sheldon. Will start with it.

ummutameem

salam people,

wats up? everywhere dry, is something the matter? wat did i miss? where are all d regulars?

i am presently reading a sandra brown novel the chill factor, very interesting!

so wat has been happening? wat are u reading dis month??

ummutameem

john grisham's the associate, chapter 3, so far so gud

Muhsin

Salam,

Recently read Our World this Century by Derek Heater. And now reading Iran in Crisis? by Roger Howard.

gogannaka

Wai wai wai,

Ni rabon da na dauki takarda na karanta wani abu ai i cannot even remember.
I bought the biography of Umar, Abubakar and Usman R.A and har yau ban fitar da su daga leda ba.

I hope to read at least one before the end of the month.
Surely after suffering comes enjoyment

ummutameem

hmm ggnk kenan arin ka yi ana karatu, its important, i wish gari daya muke i would have borrowed those biographies.

still reading d associate, hope to finish 2day, there is one fiqh book i started reading dat i want to finish

Muhsin

Quote from: gogannaka on May 12, 2010, 05:00:09 PM
Wai wai wai,

Ni rabon da na dauki takarda na karanta wani abu ai i cannot even remember.
I bought the biography of Umar, Abubakar and Usman R.A and har yau ban fitar da su daga leda ba.

I hope to read at least one before the end of the month.

This sounds unlike you, wallahi. What happened to your reading culture? Don't tell me you are busy: for I know even busiest people read; they read at least newspapers, magazines or the likes.
Quote from: ummutameem on May 13, 2010, 10:12:32 AM
hmm ggnk kenan arin ka yi ana karatu, its important, i wish gari daya muke i would have borrowed those biographies.

still reading d associate, hope to finish 2day, there is one fiqh book i started reading dat i want to finish

Your words above remind me of your promise sometimes in the past, which was about giving me some Grisham's books. . . Can you remember? You said you had (or have?) a sis who's at BUK where I'm. . . Hmm. . .

BTW, how's life? You'd been off board for about more than a year or so. Hope you've been doing great. Thanks for coming back and for specially coming to our virtually extinct sub-forum.  ;D