News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

RETURN TO NAIJA

Started by Bee, January 24, 2008, 01:39:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bee

Salaam
       Dear Konliners, i greet you all. It gives me great pleasure to communicate with you guys. As most of you might have noticed, I was away for sometime (and I must apologies once again for my lack of sallamah before I took off).As I have said earlier, it was a trip that was not planned. You all can imagine how good I felt when I knew I would be going home. I must share with you guys my story from the time I knew I was going home. I will call it 'The return to Ninja'.
       I got to know I was going home two days before I travelled. I was thrilled! I must say that it was one of the best things that happened to me in 2007.It took me two days to get ready. Actually less. We took off on the 25th of December. It was not such a smooth journey for me. Na daya dai, i was seated between my brother in law and another man. It was not the seating arrangement that got at me. I did not mind, but the thing was that the other man (with his katon ciki) who sat at my right hand side was so annoying. He was rude to almost everyone close to him which included an old woman who sat behind him. As if that was not enough, he kept trying to create an unnecessary conversation whenever my brother in law gets off his sit to go somewhere and I had to keep pretending that I was sleeping but he was so silly that he did not realize I was actually avoiding the conversation because he kept on trying to wake me up by calling my name over and over. To top it all up, my neck was hurting me terribly. I was seating up so straight to my disadvantage and I could not sleep a bit. All that was really annoying but I did not let that steal away my excitement. All I was thinking of that kept me going during that flight was home, home, home and home. I must tell you that I did not even tell my family that I was coming apart form my father. It was a secrete we kept between us and it was meant to be a surprise to the others especially my mother. We arrived safely on the 26th of December which was the following day and was glad to be away from my big belly friend.
    The first thing that I wanted to see was the new Naira notes. I was disappointed. I did not like it one bit. The ten Naira note has no Naira sign on it. I don't know what that 10 stands for. Is it supposed to be 10 goats, 10 mangoes, 10 Alvan Ikokus or maybe simply 10 pieces of the paper? You can only know if you can read. It seems they have not forgotten to write it in full close to poor Mr Ikoku's face. His eyes say it all. They look sad to me. I bet if he could talk, he would be wondering aloud why he has to be the one on that Naira note when people like Bee don't even know what the 10 stands for. Perhaps they were in a hurry and simply forgot to include the Naira sign. Check out the way the 'Naira Goma, Naira Iri and Naira Mewaa were written. Scatted all over the note. The 20 Naira stands out different though. I don't like it much but it looks much 'healthier' than the rest. With all due respect guys, I love Nigeria and I respect our currency. I just don't like the way they look now.
    Yes, then the 2hrs trip from the airport to my home. There were no police officers on the roads asking for barka da sallah.I guessed it was because it was boxing day.Ba aiki.
    And behold, we were in town. The noise was unbelievable! Hooting everywhere, motorbikes from every angle. Angry drivers and rude conductors.Pedestrains pushing their way through and trying not to get hit my inexperienced drivers. Yes oh! Life in Ninja!!Hussle and flow din fa kenan.I missed all that and I was so glad to be in Nigeria but I must tell you guys, if I was a somebody, I'll ban hooting on our roads. Most are absolutely unnecessary. From hooting which simply means 'Uban ka' to hooting which means 'How you de now?' Hooting made by bored drivers who find themselves in traffics jams. They keep horning without even realizing it while they are being carried away in there thoughts. Others kuma are beats heard from songs. As the divers listen to the songs, the horn becomes imaginary drums. They seat behind the wheels and imagine themselves on stage singing 'yahooze yahooze yahooze dah dah dah dah dah'.Kai!! Shi ma fa that song has contributed to noise pollution. Almost every Conner da Na shiga sai naji that song. That is what I call 'Pure water' do not forget, I have not yet come across any police officer asking for barka da sallah.Kind of strange.
   Finally I was with my parents and we were all very happy. Days went by. I went to so many places. Got to see some of my friends. Attended weddings. The weather was so hot but that did not stop me from enjoying myself.
   Going to the market is something I don't fancy but it was something I missed so much (apart from having to go round the town in public transport especially the kaduna buses while the conductors call on people to get on their various buses 'kawo, kawo, kano road' Yes, aluta but I missed it) funny enough, I forgot how to bargain for good prices and my mother kept telling me that an cuce ni when I buy things.
   I really had fun while I was home. Not much changed. Before I went home, I hear people praising the new President but when I went back home, it was a different story. I don't know what happened or is happening and I did not ask. I should have though; perhaps one of you could tell me what went wrong. I have no idea what my state governor's plans are. I never was interested in politics so I could not be bothered at that moment to ask good questions.
   I wonder when za a yi a week in Ninja without power failure but it felt cool to see total blackout at night. In an dauke wuta, I jump with joy and people look at me with faces that say 'there is something wrong with her. She has gone crazy'. I did not even mind the visits that those 'little vampires' paid me. It even felt holy when I wake up in the morning and find myself scratching a particular place after being beating by one especially when they leave behind the noticeable trade marks.
   Guys oh! Babu police officers asking for barka da sallah! Anyway, it was almost time for me to go back. I bought the necessary things I will need. You cannot believe the things I took with me! It is going to be a long list if I should put them down. I said my goodbyes to friends and relatives. It was time.Nayi last minute parking. Got ready to go with my elder sister. We were to return tare. She went back home months before me after having a baby.Nayi three weeks a gida.Came back on the 16th of January
   Now I am far away from home and missing it like ever. It feels like a dream now if I remember all the things I have done and missing. I wish I could go back soon. Nigeria may not be one of the best countries in the world, but it is promising and God loves Nigeria. To me, there is no greater place like Nigeria. And God will continue to bless our motherland. Na yadda. 'There is no place like home'.Duk Wanda ya bar gida, gida ya barshi.I am proud to be a Nigerian and will always be. We will get there slowly but surely.Insha Allah.
    Could someone please tell me what happened to our police officers? I have not come across a single one who asked for barka da sallah.Did they have an increase in salary ne or what? Did any of you Konliners give them a big barka da sallah that I don't know of? Someone, anyone?

Dedicated to Dan Barno.
Born To Bee Great

HUSNAA

There were no police officers on the roads asking for barka da sallah.I guessed it was because it was boxing day.
Guys oh! Babu police officers asking for barka da sallah!
Could someone please tell me what happened to our police officers? I have not come across a single one who asked for barka da sallah.Did they have an increase in salary ne or what? Did any of you Konliners give them a big barka da sallah that I don't know of? Someone, anyone?

They got a salary raise lol!!! :D
Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

Bajoga

Quote from: Bee on January 24, 2008, 01:39:30 AM
Salaam
       Dear Konliners, i greet you all. It gives me great pleasure to communicate with you guys. As most of you might have noticed, I was away for sometime (and I must apologies once again for my lack of sallamah before I took off).As I have said earlier, it was a trip that was not planned. You all can imagine how good I felt when I knew I would be going home. I must share with you guys my story from the time I knew I was going home. I will call it ‘The return to Ninja’.
       I got to know I was going home two days before I travelled. I was thrilled! I must say that it was one of the best things that happened to me in 2007.It took me two days to get ready. Actually less. We took off on the 25th of December. It was not such a smooth journey for me. Na daya dai, i was seated between my brother in law and another man. It was not the seating arrangement that got at me. I did not mind, but the thing was that the other man (with his katon ciki) who sat at my right hand side was so annoying. He was rude to almost everyone close to him which included an old woman who sat behind him. As if that was not enough, he kept trying to create an unnecessary conversation whenever my brother in law gets off his sit to go somewhere and I had to keep pretending that I was sleeping but he was so silly that he did not realize I was actually avoiding the conversation because he kept on trying to wake me up by calling my name over and over. To top it all up, my neck was hurting me terribly. I was seating up so straight to my disadvantage and I could not sleep a bit. All that was really annoying but I did not let that steal away my excitement. All I was thinking of that kept me going during that flight was home, home, home and home. I must tell you that I did not even tell my family that I was coming apart form my father. It was a secrete we kept between us and it was meant to be a surprise to the others especially my mother. We arrived safely on the 26th of December which was the following day and was glad to be away from my big belly friend.
    The first thing that I wanted to see was the new Naira notes. I was disappointed. I did not like it one bit. The ten Naira note has no Naira sign on it. I don’t know what that 10 stands for. Is it supposed to be 10 goats, 10 mangoes, 10 Alvan Ikokus or maybe simply 10 pieces of the paper? You can only know if you can read. It seems they have not forgotten to write it in full close to poor Mr Ikoku’s face. His eyes say it all. They look sad to me. I bet if he could talk, he would be wondering aloud why he has to be the one on that Naira note when people like Bee don’t even know what the 10 stands for. Perhaps they were in a hurry and simply forgot to include the Naira sign. Check out the way the ‘Naira Goma, Naira Iri and Naira Mewaa were written. Scatted all over the note. The 20 Naira stands out different though. I don’t like it much but it looks much ‘healthier’ than the rest. With all due respect guys, I love Nigeria and I respect our currency. I just don’t like the way they look now.
    Yes, then the 2hrs trip from the airport to my home. There were no police officers on the roads asking for barka da sallah.I guessed it was because it was boxing day.Ba aiki.
    And behold, we were in town. The noise was unbelievable! Hooting everywhere, motorbikes from every angle. Angry drivers and rude conductors.Pedestrains pushing their way through and trying not to get hit my inexperienced drivers. Yes oh! Life in Ninja!!Hussle and flow din fa kenan.I missed all that and I was so glad to be in Nigeria but I must tell you guys, if I was a somebody, I’ll ban hooting on our roads. Most are absolutely unnecessary. From hooting which simply means ‘Uban ka’ to hooting which means ‘How you de now?’ Hooting made by bored drivers who find themselves in traffics jams. They keep horning without even realizing it while they are being carried away in there thoughts. Others kuma are beats heard from songs. As the divers listen to the songs, the horn becomes imaginary drums. They seat behind the wheels and imagine themselves on stage singing ‘yahooze yahooze yahooze dah dah dah dah dah’.Kai!! Shi ma fa that song has contributed to noise pollution. Almost every Conner da Na shiga sai naji that song. That is what I call ‘Pure water’ do not forget, I have not yet come across any police officer asking for barka da sallah.Kind of strange.
   Finally I was with my parents and we were all very happy. Days went by. I went to so many places. Got to see some of my friends. Attended weddings. The weather was so hot but that did not stop me from enjoying myself.
   Going to the market is something I don’t fancy but it was something I missed so much (apart from having to go round the town in public transport especially the kaduna buses while the conductors call on people to get on their various buses ’kawo, kawo, kano road’ Yes, aluta but I missed it) funny enough, I forgot how to bargain for good prices and my mother kept telling me that an cuce ni when I buy things.
   I really had fun while I was home. Not much changed. Before I went home, I hear people praising the new President but when I went back home, it was a different story. I don’t know what happened or is happening and I did not ask. I should have though; perhaps one of you could tell me what went wrong. I have no idea what my state governor’s plans are. I never was interested in politics so I could not be bothered at that moment to ask good questions.
   I wonder when za a yi a week in Ninja without power failure but it felt cool to see total blackout at night. In an dauke wuta, I jump with joy and people look at me with faces that say ‘there is something wrong with her. She has gone crazy’. I did not even mind the visits that those ‘little vampires’ paid me. It even felt holy when I wake up in the morning and find myself scratching a particular place after being beating by one especially when they leave behind the noticeable trade marks.
   Guys oh! Babu police officers asking for barka da sallah! Anyway, it was almost time for me to go back. I bought the necessary things I will need. You cannot believe the things I took with me! It is going to be a long list if I should put them down. I said my goodbyes to friends and relatives. It was time.Nayi last minute parking. Got ready to go with my elder sister. We were to return tare. She went back home months before me after having a baby.Nayi three weeks a gida.Came back on the 16th of January
   Now I am far away from home and missing it like ever. It feels like a dream now if I remember all the things I have done and missing. I wish I could go back soon. Nigeria may not be one of the best countries in the world, but it is promising and God loves Nigeria. To me, there is no greater place like Nigeria. And God will continue to bless our motherland. Na yadda. ‘There is no place like home’.Duk Wanda ya bar gida, gida ya barshi.I am proud to be a Nigerian and will always be. We will get there slowly but surely.Insha Allah.
    Could someone please tell me what happened to our police officers? I have not come across a single one who asked for barka da sallah.Did they have an increase in salary ne or what? Did any of you Konliners give them a big barka da sallah that I don’t know of? Someone, anyone?

Dedicated to Dan Barno.

If that was the case, there/4 you means there was no any police road block on the roads?

Toooo! ya abin ake kenan??

Allah ya sauwake.
HASBUNALLAHI............

amira

Bee am definately 100% with you on that one Home Sweet Home :)
*Each day is definately defining me and finding me*

Ibro2g

You guys haven't heard. The Nigerian Police have been given improved job packages and have thier arrears paid. In an attempt for Yar'adua's government to reincarnate security and law enforcement in this country. They are not allowed to stop vehicles on the road anymore without any serious suspicion, and there are more on the road now, they just dont bother you like before lol. I will reserve my Kudos though, till I see another phase and how long it lasts. Oh and welkom back Bee

Safety and peace
Safety and Peace

Bee

That sounds promising Ibro2g.That is what the govenment should have done a long time ago.Perhaps now is the time the police get the respect they deserve.Thanks for the information guys.
Born To Bee Great

*~MuDa~*

Return To NINJA, when i first saw the post, the first thing i thought of was Naruto and Bleach, but then i realised that Bee is not likely the type that watches japanese anime. So i thought again, "this must have a very strong inclination to Nikkaf, so i quickly clicked on the title to see what Bee has in store for us, daman she was missing for quite some times, i almost sent an advert for her missing status.

But then when i read thought the post, i discovered that it's just a typographical error, or an unoticed misarranged keyboard, or simply the fact that Bee has stayed away from nigeria for too long and such she forgotten the correct spelling of Naija for Ninja....lol, but its very funny, can you please elaborate yourself Bee on this context? Cause i could be very wrong you know...nd i am not really as predictive as Husnaa is, so i really want to know what Ninja is doing there instead of Naija.

Well i cant help expressing my joy and happiness for your return, i did missed your stay, you know why? Because you are the only woman in here who got the balls to be open without the fear of online stalkers...lol if you know what i mean, except of course for a new down to earth blood spilling woman we recently admitted in the forum while you were away who seem to have more balls than you do...lol in person of ladyMercifyl a.k.a Mrs. Hatake. So becareful Bee, i will watch my back if i were you. Thats just a little lowdown on what has been happening in the forum.

I didnt really like one thing oi derived from your home story, you gave naija the picture of an assylum, a maximum security penal colony or some correctional facility were one is grounded until he does his time. Incase you havent noticed, we have quite a number of internet cafes you know? So because you come Naija you no fit carry your laptop go cafe go browse? How did you manage three weeks without going online? "Tafdi jam" inji bafulatani, me i cant o! Except may be babu connection a garin kwata kwata. But you tried o, please i need to see the list of the home made delicacies you ate ...you know...am sure you couldnt resist our adventurious hausa dishes that you must have missed so much!

Am out!
...He begot not, nor is He begotten!
www.articlesdir.co.cc

Muhsin

Hmm...Bee, what surprised me much was why were you amazed no police was asking for barka da sallah? Why, pls?
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

Bee

Oh dear Muda,what an embarrassment.I should have stuck to the full name.NIGERIA.Ninja...PAH!!! It really did looked like that Naruto stuff.I knew it! I knew there was something wrong with that my 'Ninja' but i could not point a finger at what exactly that was.Anyways,thanks for the correction.
  Ladymerciful,that is what i am talking about.It seems we are on the same ship.Good sailing for us.We need more crew.Who wants to sign in?Wait until i put on a picture Muda.Hahaha.
  Internet cafes?Kai Muda har kasa naji kunya.Well i could make use of that but actually,that was not what was on my mind that the time.I was sooo excited that i totally forgot i could access the internet(she lies a little but just a little).Kasan wani abu,gida yasa na manta da komai.
  List:Kilishi,Kuli kuli,Garin dan wake,Alkaki,Yaji,Eye pencil(irin namu na gida),Lalle(for a friend.she uses it to die her hair) Indomie,Garin kunu...gaskiya the list goes on.Dont you dare laugh Muda!
  I ate almost anything i could lay my hands on.My last day in Naija alias Ninja,i ate some suya.Sai da muka dawo the following day i said to myself da na sani na kunshe ko kadan ne a leda.But one thing i did not eat and which i wish i ate is danwake.Someday....
  Da gaske Muhsin babu yen sanda.Amma kaji ance an kara masu albashi ne.LOL
Born To Bee Great

Muhsin

LOL Bee. It seems you really had enjoyed your visit to home. Allah maimaita maki, ko? LOL ;D
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

gogannaka

Memoirs from Bee.

If you think the okada riders and honking in KD is bad then try Kano the next time u come  ;D

LOL she took Kuli Kuli with her.......har da eye pencil......*falls off laughing*
Surely after suffering comes enjoyment

amira

Quote from: gogannaka on January 28, 2008, 01:04:38 PM
LOL she took Kuli Kuli with her.......har da eye pencil......*falls off laughing*

Wallahi gaskiyar ta,ko nima sadda naje naija 3years ago wallahi in gayama hada tsinsiya, sobo leaves da garin kunu, kai hada dawon fura nazo dashi.
Wani sa'in har dasu dumbun nama, kilishi,aya, dakuwa da sauransu.
i hope to go naija this year inshaallah i miss it soo much

Bee

That is what i am talking about Amira.Ai you take what ever you can get har da what you do not really need.Ni har da su slippers.Gogonnaka nayi min gariya...  ;D
Born To Bee Great

amira

Bee ashe muna kwaso kaya, nima i also brought a pair of slippers wallahi they are so comfortable
and the were called wai yan muradi, but unfortunately one of them snapped wallahi kamar in kuka.
GGNK don even think about laughing lol.

*~MuDa~*

Quote from: Bee on January 26, 2008, 10:44:05 PM
List:Kilishi,Kuli kuli,Garin dan wake,Alkaki,Yaji,Eye pencil(irin namu na gida),Lalle(for a friend.she uses it to die her hair) Indomie,Garin kunu...gaskiya the list goes on.Dont you dare laugh Muda!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAAAAAAAAAAAH....LOL..wayyo cikina..what for???
...He begot not, nor is He begotten!
www.articlesdir.co.cc