News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

Again and Again

Started by mnzubair26, November 21, 2006, 09:20:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mnzubair26

Subhanallahi, ALLAH GAMU GARE KA!

Wai KWANKWASO ya dawo.......................

Allah ga bayin ka kaikace mu rokeka

Allah ga bukatar mu.

Allah ba sai mun ambataba

Allah ka fimu sani.
.N. Zubairu

bakangizo

Kai dai sai muyi ta addu'a dan'uwa. :roll:  Allah ya cecemu, amin.

amira

Quote from: "Bakan~Gizo"Kai dai sai muyi ta addu'a dan'uwa. :roll:  Allah ya cecemu, amin.

Bawan Allah ni ka ban dariya :lol:  :lol:
*Each day is definately defining me and finding me*

bakangizo

'Yar'uwa abin ne yafi karfin talaka. Sai ceton Ubangiji.

mnzubair26

Quote from: "Bakan~Gizo"'Yar'uwa abin ne yafi karfin talaka. Sai ceton Ubangiji.

Allah Bakan Gizo, to Allah yayi mana maikyau.
.N. Zubairu

bakangizo

Amin.  Amma yana da kyau mutanen Kano su tashi tsaye kamar yadda aka yi a 2003.

mnzubair26

Quote from: "Bakan~Gizo"Amin.  Amma yana da kyau mutanen Kano su tashi tsaye kamar yadda aka yi a 2003.

Gaskiya kam in ba haka ba........................................................!
.N. Zubairu

amira

*Each day is definately defining me and finding me*

Muhsin

Hey guys! Why are you scared because of that created man like us? C'mon don't do that now, its too soon. Let the time come. By Allah's grace he's gonna suprise, I hope.
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

gogannaka

I believe the kanawa will find this interesting.It is not a campaign of any sort.Your comments will be appreciated.

SHEKARAU, ALLAH YA MAIMAITAMANA AND THE SECOND TERM JINX IN KANO POLITICS
BY - ALIYU ABDULLAHI YARIMA
yarimantalakawa@yahoo.com.

Kano, one of the most homogeneous states in the country remains the most complex political miluie to most political analysts in Nigeria and the world over. It is a state that is yet to be ruled twice by any executive governor since its creation in 1967. Although, the state witnessed more military administrators than civilian governors, the few civilian governors that ruled the state and sorts re-election lost to their opponents despite the incumbency factor that usually work in their favour. The 2007 general elections as far as the intrigues surrounding the Kano politics is concern will serve as a case study to students of politics.

One of the leading contenders to the Kano government house is the incumbent Governor - Mallam Ibrahim Shekarau who is determined to alter the proverbial jinx ?Nobody Rules Kano Twice?. Apart from Shekarau, there is the former governor and immediate past minister of defence - Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso, who is as well very much in the race. But whether Kwankwaso will make it at the PDP primaries and later the general is a topic of another day, what we are most interested in here is to examine the chances of the incumbent governor in a mist of other gubernatorial aspirants in the state. Let it be observed that this piece is not meant to serve as a campaign tool for Shekarau, but rather an Independent-minded analysis of the issues on ground after all, the writer is neither a Bakano nor an ANPP member.

Mallam Ibrahim Shekarau was until 2003 a permanent secretary in Kano State where he served diligently and meticulously first, as a class-room teacher and later rose to the rank of a Principal through Permanent Secretary. He held various position where he set a good track-record that is yet to be surpassed by any public servant in the state civil-service. With his emergence as the Executive Governor of Kano State after the 2003 gubernatorial election, there was high degree of relief among the Kanawas with the believe that ?the enormous problems militating against the progress of the state shall soon be a thing of the past?. No sooner had Shekarau stepped into the driver?s seat than he began to impact on the lives of the Kanawas on areas that affect their welfare and social well-being. It is no longer news today in Kano that the Kanawas are better off than they were prior to his coming as the Executive Governor of the State.

When Mallam Shekarau assumed the saddle of leadership some three and a half years ago, Kano State as he met it was characterized with poverty of morality and ideas, lack of basic social amenities such as potable water, descent hospital, roads and adequate learning materials in most public schools etc. The Kwankwaso administration, despite the billions of naira it received throughout the four years in office, it rather left more problems that it met. With fairness to the Kwankwaso?s administration, he tried to improve on the dilapidated road-networks within the municipal as well as some other minor projects that his administration undertook for the welfare of the Kanawas. But it is a fact that the projects he successfully executed were not in consonance with the billions of naira he got from the Federation account and the internally generated revenue.

One of the policies of the Shekarau government that distinguished it from other state governments is the ?Adaidaita Sahu Project? the state policy for social re-orientation. Shekarau believes that if the society is in order, the government will surely find it easy and possible to achieve other objectives of state growth and development. The government has truly achieved so much in the areas of enlightenment and educating the Kanawas, poverty reduction, security and what have you. The Kanawas have therefore being rightly placed in a position to initiate personal development strategies in order to live an accomplished and fulfilled life.

It is the same Shekarau that has succeeded in settling the backlog of pensioners arrears to the extent that the state owes no single pensioneer in the whole of Kano State , no wonder, the decision of the state union of pensioners to purchase the ANPP nomination form at the cost of Five Million Naira for Mallam Shekarau. This action of the pensioners has given so much credence to the Shekarau?s quest for Allah ya maimaita mana. With the support of the pensioners, Shekarau has already secured about fifty percent of the Kanawas? votes. Remember, their children and grand children will surely support this matured decision.

Mallam Shekarau remains the most prudent and accountable governor in the country. He always make the state revenue base and its financial strength known to the Kanawas. No local government can claim any form of interference with the way it handles its finances by the State Government apart from the clarion call by the Shekarau regime on the local governments to be prudence in their spending. Given his land mark achievements in most segment of the Kano economy which space constraint would not permit us to critically examine and discuss them in a detail manner, Shekarau stands ahead of all the gubernatorial aspirants in both his party - the ANPP and the opposition parties in the state. The more you look at his achievement in the areas of health, education, agriculture and infrastructural development, the more you rate his chances higher. With the fresh memories of the Kwankwaso?s government poor performance, coupled with seven and a half years of devaluation of due process and good governance by the PDP government at the national level, one is rest-assured that the floor is set for Mallam Ibrahim Shekarau come 21st April, 2007, to break the proverbial ?Nobody rules Kano twice?. As the battle gets hotter by the day, only time can tell who the cap fits most between the people?s oriented governor and the Abuja induced aspirants.

YARIMA, a political scientist and a social critic
wrote in from Jos, he can be reached via:
yarimantalakawa@yahoo.com.
Surely after suffering comes enjoyment

HUSNAA

Quote from: mnzubair26 on November 21, 2006, 09:20:07 AM
Subhanallahi, ALLAH GAMU GARE KA!

Wai KWANKWASO ya dawo.......................

Allah ga bayin ka kaikace mu rokeka

Allah ga bukatar mu.

Allah ba sai mun ambataba

Allah ka fimu sani.

Aini yanzu yadda abubuwa ke tafiya a Kano, ai har gara kwankwaso din akan shiriritar da ANPP take yi a Kano kuma wai har ta sami dawo wa karo na biyu. Shekarau baya da alqibla unfortunately.
Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

bakangizo

How someone would claim gara kwankwaso da Shekarau, beats me. :o ::) But then we all have our opinions. So to avoid a long-drawn political argument on the issue, I won't say more. We know, we feel and we've seen the difference.

HUSNAA

OK point taken.

Infact I only say so based on what i have heard and read and comments from ppl that I know, not on any first hand knowledge of the matter. So enlighten me further on his achievements, because ni inba a daidai ta sahu ba, I dont know what else he is doing. Kuma sahun wa ya dai dai ta ne?
Kuma standard of living din kanawa has not improved appreciably and anyway, there is a standard whereby he ought to be measured by; that is does he compare favorably with Donald Duke in terms of service to the ppl?

PS this AC Milan avatar is too distracting. Those penguins are cuter.

BRING THEM BACK!!!
Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

bakangizo

Of course you're not on ground. That can be deduced from the way you are quick to condemn him ;D Let me quicky say as I'm not Shekarau's spokesman, and for want of time, I can't adequately list his "achievements", as you put it. But the little I can remember "offhead" (as the saying goes ;D), I will write here. I'm not blind to his shortcomings. For instance I would be the first to tell you he's slow in taking decisions and implementing them. Probably cos he's afraid of making mistakes. Dunno. Take for instance the Tarauni road currently being dualized. You wonder how long it's gonna take cos of the tafiyar kaguwa da aikin yake. So also the completed reconstruction of Obasanjo way (which was done haphazardly by Kwankwaso for millions, and collapsed within months after he left). It also took a long time to complete. So Husnaa, roads are being constructed in and around Kano metropolis. Quality ones, I might say. Add the fact that we no longer have the usual discriminate retrenchment and salary cuts/delays in the civil service characterized by previous govts (especially kwankwaso). Additionally, more than 10,000 people were employed by the state govt so far. The outstanding pension arrears of more than a decade were paid, and pensioners are now being paid regularly. We now have a gov that's decent both in speech and actions. You may accuse him of anything, but the one thing even his enemies shy away from is accusation of stealing public funds. The security situation has also improved. We now had a respite from incessant riots, usually accompanied by wanton destruction of lives and properties.

One of the most pressing problems in Kano had been the perennial shortage/lack of portable water. Let me say that at the twilight of the kwankwaso administration, the contract for the laying of water pipes was awarded. Worked had started and then stopped. This led to speculation that the contract was purely an avenue to siphon out money for his campaign. But that's neither here nor there. The issue is why lay pipes when you can't generate enough water supply for the town? It doesn't make sense. So immediately Shekarau assumed office, he ordered the reconstruction of the Tamburawa Water Works. It was now revamped and its capacity expanded to 150million litres/day. The laying of pipes had also continued, and presently reached Silver Jubilee roundabout. A test run would be conducted, according to the construction firm, in the next two/three weeks. 

People talk about ' A daidata Sahu" in a sarcastic way. For me, it is no small thing. The fact we even have a gov. who identified immorality as the bane of our religious/cultural/social/economic advancement, and has put in motion steps to redress them,   is laudable. And aren't we being a little unfair to compare Shekarau (or any gov from the north, for that matter) with Donald Duke? Its like comparing David and Goliath, but this time around with economic/financial undertone. Kano is the most state in the country, about 3/4 times the size of Cross Rivers state. But of course Donald Duke takes 'home' more than 3times what Shekarau gets from the federal allocation monthly, plus the 13% oil derivation fund. So that's why statements like 'Kano people standard of living' has not improved do not hold water. Since when did a governor in Nigeria has the economic wherewithal to improve standard of living of his populace. C'mon, it is way beyond their realm. In this part of the world, only the central govt can, or has, the muscle to impact meaningful on the living standard of people.

So, as said earlier, I admit to his shortcomings. Let me also admit that he could do better, but I believe he did reasonably well.  My opinion, of course.  ;)

bakangizo

Quote from: HUSNAA on September 05, 2007, 07:10:57 PM
PS this AC Milan avatar is too distracting. Those penguins are cuter.
BRING THEM BACK!!!
A.a! You don't like it? ;D D-B said the penguins were distracting him. Now you said same about this. And TBH, I didn't know you'll figure out it is AC Milan's avatar. I mean most women don't really give a hoot about football, talkless of knowing the teams' logos. I now hereby recruit you as an AC Milan fan. Congrats! You're now a Rossonero ;D ;D